Operation 4: Fallen Spirits

Emergency Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin quickly got back up, "Where's the Infect..." He clutched his right arm in pain. He saw that his right shoulder was placed in a cast with random doodles on it. "I guess it did happen," he told himself. In frustration, he smacked his fist into the bed.

A post-op nurse just happened to come in, "Mr. Ahn, you shouldn't aggregate your injuries. You might re-open some of the incisions left by your surgeon," she said, "You of all people should know." The post-op nurse placed the tray on a table, "Here, you go Mr. Ahn, your lunch," she said, "Do you need help eating?" she asked.

Jin shooked his head.

"Well, Mr. Ahn, if you would like anything else, there's the call light on top of your drawer," she said then left the room.

Frustrated by his dilemma, Jin fell back into his bed. The door to his room open, he looked towards the door, it was Ren and Lance.

"Hi, Jin," Ren said meekly. "How are you? Are you doing well?"

"Wha..." Jin cut himself off, there was no sense in getting angry at her. He took a deep breath and calmed himself down. "I'm...doing alright." He gave a pained smile.

Lance saluted Jin, "Sup," he said coolly.

Jin ignored Lance's greeting.

"Hey!" shouted Lance.

"Ren..." Jin said softly as he looked at his left ankle, the ankle that the Infected wrapped around then immediately let go, he wondered if he should tell her what happened during the simulation. "What would she even say? What happened is abnormal. Nothing in our classes has ever mentioned an incident like mine...What would she even say?" he thought.

Ren quickly looked at Jin as soon as she heard him call his name, "Yes, Jin," she said as she waited for his next word, "What is it?

Jin thought of something else quickly, any topic that avoided that particular event, "Did we pass?" he asked.

Ren's face darkened, "About that Jin..."

Jin laughed, "I guess we didn't do well in order to increase our ranking. It's alright, we'll increase our rankings next time." He smiled at Ren.

"What's this 'we'?" interjected Lance, "Both of you have been ignoring me the whole time even though I've been following your orders as you instructed!"

Jin and Ren looked at their foreigner teammate. "You are spearing Cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter