Operation 1: My Purpose

Emergency Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A woman called to a young boy, "Jin, Jin, Jin. Wake up, honey." The young boy opened his eyes and saw his mother's warm and calming face. "It's so bright out today, it would be such a waste staying indoor and besides Ren and Minho is waiting for you." Jin's mother smiled as soon as she saw her jump from his bed, "Don't forget to brush your teeth! You wouldn't want her to smell your breath?" Jin tripped over his feet and stumbled into the wall hitting his face. "Jin what did I say about running inside the house?" Jin rubbed his forehead, "To never ru..."

Suddenly, Jin's mother began to clutch her chest and collapsed onto her knees then released an inhumane scream. Jin looked back to his mother, her face riddled with pain. "Mom!" he screamed then rushed into her side before his mother motioned him to stop. "Get out! Get out of the house!" she screamed, "Go to the neighbor...house and call 911!" she said in pain. Jin shook his head protest, "No! I won't leave you!" he cried. "Honey, please!" his mother begged.

Ren with her brother came into the house after they heard the loud commotion. Minho saw that Jin's mother became infected, "Ren, take Jin and go to a house and called 911!" he said with urgency. Ren grabbed Jin's hand and tried to take him away. "Jin we have to go!" she said. Jin yanked his hand away from Ren then screamed at her, "No! I'm not leaving my mo..." Jin's eyes suddenly became heavy and his body fell to the floor. Jin looked up and saw Minho standing over him then he finally lost consciousness.

_ _ _ _

"Jin, Jin, Jin. Wake up!" A sudden large bang woke Jin. "Mr. Ahn, if you want to sleep, why don't you go back home..." the medical instructor took a deep breath in, "and sleep!" he yelled. The medical instructor rubbed his temples, "this country's future is doomed if the licensing board ever pass you." Jin gritted his teeth while the class held its laughter. "Maybe you should choose a different path in life, Mr. Ahn, because simply put being a doctor is not suited for you." The bell rang. "Well, class dismissed, and Mr. Ahn next time you come to class have the courtesy to pay attention in class."

Jin grabbed his bag and hastily left the classroom. "I'll show him! I don't need..." While Jin was in his own little world, he bumped into Ren. "Jin, wait!" she called. Ren grabbed one of Jin's hand, "Jin...wait. I wanna say something!" she begged. Jin could not look at his childhood friend. "Whatever you have to say..." he paused for a few seconds then turned to her before he left. Jin gave Ren the coldest stare words, he could not come up with words that could describe the anger he felt after she and her brother took him away from his mother while she was dying - she was the only family he had left after the Infected cruelly took his younger brother and father.

After Jin left the university for today, he went to a local pizza place, ran by an old couple in their late 70s. Jin particularly took a liking to the old couple. They were always nice and warm towards him. They felt like family to him. They were the first and only people to interact

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter