TRACK 3: Let Her Go

Playbook Diaries

This story is a continuation of Track 1:All I Ask and Track 2:Say You won't let go. Di ko na iproof read. Ask lang kayo if may concerns. Or malabo. Thank you :) 

 

Sandara's POV 

After my failed slow dance dahil dapat ako yung naglead, kasi we both know mas may talent kabtalaga dancing sa ating dalawa, we both enjoyed the presence of each one. Parang yung plano kong lilisan na sa iyo parang.. Napigilan.. Patapos na ang kanta, patapos na din ang ating pagsayaw yung pagkyakap mo ayaw ko sanang isipin na parehas tayong nararamdaman pero dahan dahan mong ibinaon mukha mo sa mga balikat ko, 

 

I missed this... Napapikit nalang ako at dinamdam ang mga huling sandali nating pagsasama. Unti namang nawawala yung huling tono ng kanta, nakaramdam ako ng paghigpit ng yakap mo sa akin. Tinapik ko ang likod mo to remind you na tapos na ang kanta, dahan dahan kong kinuha ang braso mong nakapilipit sakin, i tried to look in your eyes. 

 

Ewan ko ba dahil ba sa lamig nakita ko mga mata mong naluluha, I just smiled and look at you for the last time. 

 

"Tara na.." ani ko. 

 

"Sandali," sagot mo. nagtaka akong di ka sumama sakin pabalik ng kotse. 

 

".. Stay with me for the night, please. Dara-tokki?" 

 

Why are you doing this to me Chae? Are you continue to abuse my feelings towards you? 

 

“.. Before i go back sa LA, mamimiss na naman kita. I have a hard time to sleep na mag-isa lately, wala kasi si Harin. Please?" 

 

What can I do? I am your bestfriend who am I to leave you alone? I can't even think of a reason why to leave you

.. Or.. maybe I have.. Before pa kung saan pa papunta ang pagiisip ko ngumiti ako sayo. 

 

" Sino ba naman ako humindi eh, madalang ka nalang andito at magmeemeet tayo. Pero san ba? “

 

“Dating dorm natin? Well, after nung sa 2ne1tv natin i begged yg to give me that room. Ang dami kaya memories doon. Until ngayon napreserve ko pa although di na masyado magulo katulad dati, ako nalang kasi andun.. Kapag andito ako sa korea doon ako nagststay, comfortzone ko na din doon."

 

Di ko maisip, ginawa mo yun. Akala ko kasi you were simply cold and sometimes stern being a leader sa amin. But we see your Chaerin side which is so precious pero di sa paraan sa 2ne1 na you even asked our Director to preserve it. You are unpredictable yet still our loveable puddongah. 

 

"I have to pack some clothes- -" 

 

"Don't worry, Jjangmae packed your things already nasa dorm na din yun. We need to buy some drinks maybe? And street foods? Diba fave mo yun? Ano, Tara? “ Diretsahang sagot mo pagkatapos inoffer mo kamay mo to confirm na aagree ako sa plano mo. You are really unstoppable too. Plinano mo na talaga to eh. 

 

"What else I can do? Is to agree with you. Namiss naman din kita" sagot ko. 

 

 

 

Well you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

 

 

Chaelin's POV

 

After nung meeting nila jjangmae, i informed him to prep some stuffs kay Dara dahil nga ngayong gabi. I really planned this to happen, gusto kong maayos tong nasa loob ko i want to clear all things sa puso at utak ko before I will make a decision na baka ireregret ko, I cant loose the person who made me feel so special and well taken care of. 

 

I don't know what is in you that i can't find to other people that surrounds me, maybe because you really stand out of all the stars i met. You gave me also light in our not so happy journey as artists. Bilang ikaw talaga may mas experienced sa entertainment, while nasa reality show ka you were exposed to puyat and pressures even ganon na experience mo you are still humble and even though you still have the soft part in you, yun naman din nagpastick sa ating apat that we should be there for each other. 

 

*flashback*

Dara: CL roo alam mo, kaya mo yan although we know they want us to be the best but para sa aming apat, we did our best for each other. We will support you along the way, wag ka magalala. 

 

You became my number one cheerleader at that time, you listened to all my rants and nags about everything you really find everything in a bright side always. You were my moon with these dark skies that surrounds me when we are in yg. You were the reason why i am still here, in yg.

 

But, while i was in LA my friends told me to get out and to make a decision if i should leave but i cannot leave you, the memories the reason I reached this top because i cant do it alone, without you. I remembered what my bestie in LA told me: "I deserved better, like girl, you have a lot of opportunities to explore, we are still young. Don't worry we got Braun, and ofc Marc to help ya out."

 

I decided to bring you here and to tell about my plans in leaving yg when my contract will expire, but I will not leave you not ever. 

 

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missing home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

 

Dara's POV

 

Di ko alam if matutuwa ako or kakabahan sa mga ginagawa ni Chae ngayon, everything was set pero parang ako yung di ready, but one thing's for sure Marc is planning to propose sa iyo, yes. Taeyo called me and Marc have plans like maybe when you're settled na, and he is also. I took a deep sigh and hinigpitan yung steering wheel, ramdam ko naman yung mata mo na nakitingin sa akin. 

 

"Ang lalim nun, Dara-tokki ah. May I know what's on your mind? “

 

“Nothing, you know naman pagkaantukin ko its getting late. Ay ayun nakita ko na favorite stall ko, ano gusto mo? fish cake? Tteokbokki? Corn dog?" i successfully divert the other topic.

 

May nakita ka ding convenience store na malapit and you wanna buy some drinks to match the food. 

 

"Ikaw na bahala, i will just buy wine maybe? Or soju? Well, a soju for you and beer and wine for me. " Parang tanga sagot mo, well, alam mo naman talaga gusto ko bat mo pa kasi tinatanong. Pero yung nararamdaman ko para sayo, di mo pa ba alam yon?

 

.....

 

@ the dorm, still Dara's POV

 

... still, photos from the past years nakahang pa din sa walls mo, kaya kasi ayaw mo magpapasok ng rooms kasi you really love keeping memories. And ayaw mong ma exposed how you really love plushies, stuff toys and ofc your private life.

 

While you were preparing the glass and plates for the food that we ordered your phone rang. 

"Dara-unnie can you fix this first? Marc is calling i'll just update him" then you went inside your room and i was in the kitchen finishing the table you set and it took you a while to be back so i started to drink my soju. 

 

Like di ko alam bat ako nahihingal maybe because i cannot let these feelings out of my chest? Maybe? 

 

Then a message popped up in my phone,

 

From:Bommie 

You at home? How was your last night with CL? Is she okay? 

 

I immediately hit reply, "Nasa dorm kami, like she asked yg to keep it for our memories daw to treasured. Okay naman siya,. Nasa phone siya, it's Marc who called her." 

 

As I continued to eat and drink my soju that was mixed with beer. Bommie later on replied. 

 

"Marc, was rushed in the hospital, the needs to be operated sa lower back niya, naout of balanced siya due sa pagskskate niya, so parang mapopost poned pa yung proposal niya yet he planned it when CL finished her album" 

 

Then there i took me for a while to understand what Bom sent to me, I will always be by her side no matter what. But I guess my journey ends here. I wont go too far. Narinig ko nalang you opened the door and like you act like nothing happened but i still see in your eyes you are worried. 

 

Di na kita tinanong kasi, I can read your from your reaction that Marc is going to be fine. I just pat your back and wait for you to open up. 

 

"Marc, will be operated soon because of his accident. He loved to skate, well.." 

 

"Do you want to go back to LA? We can do this next time..." as soon i stood up you cut me off my holding my hand and looked at me in the eye and said. 

 

"Just stay with me for now please? “ here I am again lost in your gaze. 

 

Staring at the bottom of your glass
Hoping one day you'll make a dream last
But dreams come slow and they go so fast


CL'S POV

After the phone call i've answered Marc will have an operation, like we know this would happen because of his passion in doing the skateboarding, I am afraid and worried yes. But i know he can do it, he called me for a reassurance. 

"Babe, you got. this remember? You are strong you even tamed the lioness i have in me." 

I heard you laugh, I must been really blessed to have this kind man. 

"Yeah, because sometimes you are a bomb. Okay I will, love you. See you soon? I will wait for you “ I smiled and wondered how lucky I am to have a guy like you, that you may not be the one that the girls liked but i see you really deep inside you are innately good but how can I hurt a man like you? 

Marc ended the call, and I checked Dara secretly before opening the door. She was playing her glass and continued drinking the fave combo which you loved. 

If I should tell you sooner and i was brave before, maging tayo pa kaya? Well, I wasnt sure of the feelings kasi Harin and I talked about you everytime we meet, I remember Harin asked me if baka as friends lang tingin ko sayo and as a sister. Well, it took me a long while to realize and to co nfirm it, it was when the manager called me personally a d offered me a solo project some rules have changed that I need to prioritize my opportunities to you guys afterall, para to sa ating apat, I became distant because its also part of the contract to be more focus on my tour and the promotion world wide because it should start from me since i was your leader and as I have more experience in western countries to make 2ne1 more known to the other side of the world. Like only start to achieve our dreams as one step at a time but now, it ended like in a swift. Then there i only knew we got disbanded I was on the tour. Then there parang nawala yung reason ko to work hard for the group kasi i felt we were played and I am not who I was anymore. 

I was so lost at that time, I became mad and shut every connection in korea i had, then i met Marc he was a known business man as a music producer but he didnt help me with it but he understood the all of me on the inside it reminded me of a male version of you. Then In a month later we became close and there we became offical boyfriend and girlfriend. Too bad, its so late for us. I dont know being with you right now makes me forget the worries i have, you made me so free. Just when Im here in Korea, i wanna be with you. 

I opened the door and i felt like nakatingin ka sakin ineexamine mo ata how did i react on the news, I knew that alam mo na kasi Scott is best bud of Marc for sure Bom informed you too, you just comforted me like you always used to. 

But i still told you about what happened and you stood up and your rosey cheeks are showing because of the effect on the alcohol youve been drinking 

"Do you want to go back to LA? We can just do this next time..." here you go again, pushing yourself away. Di pa ba halata that I missed you? Gusto lang kita kasama ngayon. Well, with you alam ko kung ano ang gusto ko. 

"No, Just stay with me for now please? “ From there, yumuko ako just to tell you that I want you to stay. Ayun umupo ka and offered me a tteokbokki. 

" eat it, bago pa lalong lumamig." then you became cold in that instant. May sinabi ba akong di tama? 

I opened the wine, and enjoyed the taste of it, thinking of words what to say first, naalala ko, ikaw pala isa sa mga unang nato pinapabasa or pinaparinig ko yung mga kantang naisulat ko i got my headphones and let you listen some of the songs which i made the past years and months. Then I saw again the sparkle in your eyes, fan na fan ka talaga sa akin. Ikaw pa nga mas excited eh,

"Cl-roo, better release your songs ang gaganda, like you were really born with it. Napakadami ng kanta sinulat mo. Pero which is a good thing naman din to keep those songs kasi it talks about your Chaerin Lee in real life." sabay scan mo sa notebook ko na sinusulatan ko ng mga kanta ko. Dahil na open mo na about releasing ng baging kanta i think its time to tell you

" Actually, Dara, I wanna tell you something. I want you to be the one of the first person that you should know that when my contract in yg will expire, I will not renew it. Don't worry I will just be here naman- -" your hug cut me off from Explaining. I wanna add that I want to fix myself first before returning to you. I want to release an album all about how I really feel. Then maybe i may be able to answer the questions in my head baka may chance pa tayo... 

You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why
Everything you touch surely dies

Dara's POV 


You've allowed me to listen and read to your compositions which are so from the heart, tagos na tagos like you made some songs na wala pang title twas a date like +170205+ and so on...like it was meant for us? As i continue to read "Never meant to change the fire in your eyes" 

I stopped reading and look at you, tanga lang kasi ng board why they didnt release you yet? You have so much talent to share for the world to see what you got. Pero we were caged by these not so good director. 

That's one of the reason pala na gusto mo sa LA ka kasi you are so free there like there will be a life for everything doon, like you can live like ordinary people and work at the same time whenever you want to. Kaya nararapat ka dun, you deserve way more better. Nung pagkasabi mo na di ka na magrerenew sa yg I am so happy napayakap tuloy ako. 

Wag ka na magabala about me na maiiwan, but i can do it naman jjangmae and my friends in here are helping me. You dont have to worry, tsundere. Just achieve your dream and I will always be your number one fan okay? 

I have this moment whenever I am drinking memories of us flashes back, I recall how we were so playful and attached to each one, we became special friends even though we are extremely opposite with each other. I may touch your life but only just a friend. You have now a someone who will love you and take care of you and your dream of having a baby will come true. I will just be here to support you along the way. I realized matagal na pala ako nakayakap sayo. I dont know I am now crying on your shoulder. You break off from the hug and kissed me on my cheek. And you said. 

"Thank You Ssantokki, I love you I really do" 

But you love Marc too, i'm just your bestfriend. 

 


Staring at the ceiling in the dark
Same old empty feeling in your heart
Love comes slow and it goes so fast

As I finish the last part of the wine, you sit and stare at the sky which can be seen in my room, yung pinagagawan namin ni Bommie, and there was the city lights the skies the stars were infront of us, you turned off the desk lamp beside you and my desk lamp which is beside me is still open, I have struggle to sleep, so many thoughts running in my head, the possibilities of us, my dreams and goals, the trials I may face as soon I have a decision. I lied down and stared at the ceiling i have this hole in my heart, I will try to find it so that I can love someone fully. 

Dont judge me, I love Marc but may time ba sa buhay niyo parang may kulang? Like I knew him and met him in a slow pace yet here we are became in a relationship that quick, but do i loved him the way i loved you? Lumingon ako sa tabi mo kaso nakatalikod ka, i guess you were asleep na. Then unknowingly i shut my eyes to sleep, thanks to the wine and you, I found my peace.

Well you see her when you fall asleep
But never to touch and never to keep
'Cause you loved her too much and you dive too deep

Dara' s POV
I woke up dahil humapdi sikmura ko because I was drinking ng diretsahan kanina, After magkausap namin ni Bommie about sa Opera ni Marc, Taeyo bestfriend mo sa LA told me about Marc asked about sa atin dalawa, if we became magjowa ba daw, like napapansin na din kasi Ni Taeyo that Chae and I were so close but di rin ito nakakatakas kay Marc, yes. Nagseselos si Marc sa akin na sumatotal bestfriend lang naman ako ni CL that's why naging mailap na  din ako to go sa LA kasi Marc tend to be so clingy to her, well as his' right as her boyfriend but i can't bare to see my bestfriend smiling to someone else which i thought that should be me in his position. Well, thinking that stuff over and over again makes me distracted. Ayaw ko naman maging third party sa inyo, ayaw ko naman saktan sarili ko, tama nga sabi ni Bommie, I should let go of the feelings I had for my bestfriend. I've fallen in love with my bestfriend. 

I face you and studied your face while you were sleeping, like this is the last time i can see you closer than ever, the moonlight gave me a beautiful view so that I can see you clearly. Then I found myself staring at your lips that I wanna kiss a while ago, due still the impact of the alcohol kanina i can't stop myself i slowly kissed you and di ko namalayan i was crying to, because I'm about to say goodbye. 

It's just that it doesnt mean na di kita mahal kaya iiwanan kita, Ako na yung lilisan dahil minahal kasi kita kahit alam kong may mahal ka ng iba. 


'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missing home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go

 

 

+wala na po akong utang+ 

The end