Chapter 2

Will I Ever?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I've been pacing back and forth outside the restaurant for almost thirty minutes now. The dinner party started tens minutes ago and I'm still contemplating of going in or not. It's still killing me to go and see her but Hyewon's got a point. So I had managed to pull myself together to look decent enough for this dinner. This will be my farewell gift for her. I have decided to myself that it's better that I suffer so she won't. What is love without a little sacrifice right? And so I walked in late in my black off-shoulder dress, making everyone looked at me.

 

"Sorry, traffic was terrible." I lied walking up to Eunbi who is looking so incredible in her yellow dress. I leaned in and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry for everything that happened and here." 

 

"I'm sorry too. I didn't handle that very well. Thank you for coming and for the present." she squeezed me back and kissed me on my cheek. She was about to open my present but I stopped her. 

 

"Just open it when you get home." I requested. 

 

"Ehem-" it was Yena. 

 

"Oh hey duckie. How's it going?" I asked before giving her a hug. 

 

"Unnie! I thought you weren't coming." she said pouting. "I thought you were mad because I didn't make it at game night." 

 

"Actually I am still a little upset about that." I said jokingly. 

 

"I'm so sorry unnie." she pouted her lips even more. 

 

I pinched her lips playfully, "I'm just kidding Yena. I'm not mad at all. Why would you even think that?" 

 

"Kang-chan said you were. Anyway, unnie I want you to meet someone." she pulled the girl behind her and held her by the hand. "This is Yuri, my girlfriend." 

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jo Yuri." she said, bowing her head. 

 

"It's nice to finally meet you Yuri." I mirrored her polite gesture. "I'm starting to think you weren't real." I said jokingly. 

 

"Wahh unnie stop embarrassing me." 

 

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to my right, it was Eunbi. "Sakura stop teasing Yena. They look cute together. Don't they?" 

 

"Uh- Yeah they do." I'm a bit surprised with her comment. "Come on, I'm starving." I linked arms with them and went to our table. 

 

I took the seat next to Hyewon after greeting everyone. She squeezed my knee when I sat down and whispered. "I'm glad you came." 

 

"Yeah, me too. Thanks Kang-chan." I really am. "Oh and why does Yena thinks that I'm upset with her?" 

 

Hyewon chuckled, "She keeps bugging me why weren't you coming and I don't exactly know what to say to her, so I just told her you were upset because she bailed out on game night."We dissolve in to a fit of giggles.

 

I happened to cast a glance at Eunbi's direction who is coincidentally looking at us too. She did not avert her gaze at me though, she continued to look at me with concern eyes. I gave her a bright smile, reassuring her that I'm okay. That we're okay. She returned it with a smile before turning her attention back to her food. 

 

-

 

 

The rest of the night went relatively well. Eunbi's college friends Haeyoon and Chaewon were there as well. We had excellent food, good drinks, great laughs and even shed happy tears. But ultimately, everyone had a wonderful time, especially Eunbi. She looks so happy and then I realize, that its all that really matters. It made me feel at ease and I was glad I followed Hyewon's advice. 

 

By ten o'clock everyone is preparing to leave since Eunbi will have an early flight the following day. She thanked everyone for the dinner.

 

"I really appreciate this guys. I'm so lucky that I'm blessed with amazingly awesome friends like you." We circle around Eunbi and wrapped her into a group hug then we asked the staff to take our group photo. 

 

Eunbi was saying her goodbyes to Haeyoon and Chaewon while Hyewon and I settle the bill. Yena left a bit earlier with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter