Chapter 7

Will I Ever?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Unnie! What are you doing here?" 

 

I didn't get an answer. She just stood there and stared at me like a lost puppy. Although her eyes were soft, I noticed the feelings behind them. They looked sad, as if she was longing for something. 

 

"Come on in." I said as I pulled her in from the cold. Her hair was damped from the rain as were her clothes.

 

There were two things that shocked me when I saw Eunbi again. First, what the heck is she doing here? We were just talking over the phone this morning. Second, I thought I was starting to get over her but that's just not the case. My breath hitched as soon as I saw her and despite being drenched in the rain, she looked as beautiful as ever. 

 

She slowly walked up to me, pursing her lips as if she's trying to decide on something. And without saying a word, she pulled me into her and wrapped her arms around my waist. I was so taken aback that it took me a few seconds before I returned her hug. I felt my heart hammered inside my chest when our bodies touched and my mind went completely berserk. Okay, so make that three things that shocked me tonight. What the funk is going on? 

 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked her curiously, wondering what made her go all the way to my house. 

 

"Why wouldn't you believe me?" she muttered as she sunk her face into my chest, despair evident in her voice. Her shoulders start to tremble with hushed sobs. "I already told you I'm sorry a thousand times. I don't know what else to do." 

 

She broke down crying, her hands clutching the hem of my shirt. I didn't know what to do or what to say either. My heart clenched to see her crying. I pulled her into me tighter and held her, rocking her slowly as her tears soaked my chest.

 

"I'm sorry." is all that I was able to muster.

 

Soon she calmed down and looked up to me. I felt my heart melting at her warm and misty eyes as I met her gaze. Her eyes were red and puffy, nonetheless, she still looks breathtaking. If it were anyone else I would have drop my gaze but there's something in her eyes that draws me closer. 

 

"Do you really hate me that much?" she said as she blinked briny tears from her eyes.

 

"What?! God no! I could never." 

 

"Then why do I feel like I'm losing my friend?" 

 

"No, of course not." 

 

"Kkura, you are very important to me and I care about you. I want you to feel comfortable to be yourself when you're with me too."

 

"Okay unnie. I'll remember that. Thanks." I replied, not knowing if I should be embarassed, ashamed or proud. 

 

"I've missed you." she said in a wistful and longing tone. 

 

"I've missed you too." I answered back with a half smile. 

 

'Achoo' 

 

Eunbi immediately covered and nose when she sneezed and apologized. 

 

"Yah unnie, you're soaking wet. You should take a shower and dry yourself off. I don't want you to get sick." I ordered. "There's towel in the bathroom. I'll get you some fresh clothes so you can change." 

 

She nodded and followed like an obedient kid. I smiled as I find the role reversal really cute. We've had a lot of sleepovers in my apartment before so she basically knows her way around my home. 

 

I quickly left to my room and rummage through my closet. My mind is still in daze, trying to comprehend why Eunbi is here. In my apartment. Right now. 

 

In all honesty, I'm very happy to see her. I didn't know how much I've missed her until I saw her tonight but it was overshadowed by an absolute bewilderment. 

 

Sure we had a fight over the phone earlier, but I mean it's not like it's the first time we fought. And who would flew across countries just to say sorry? Does this mean anything? Could she be... 

 

'Don't flatter yourself Sakura.' I scolded myself as I shake the thought off my head because it was completely absurd. 

 

I placed the neatly folded clothes that Eunbi could use on the bed. Then I stripped out of my day clothes to changed into my pj's and went out to the kitchen. I fired up the stove and looked through my cupboard for some tea. My mom always say that a cup of tea would always make everything better. 

 

Eunbi emerged from the bathroom wearing a robe. She sat down on the bar stool by the kitchen counter as she towel her hair dry. 

 

"Here drink this. This should warm you up." I said, placing a hot cup of chamomile tea in front of her. "I found some of your old clothes. You can change in my room." 

 

She nodded as she took a sip of her tea and gave me a faint 'Thanks' with a smile. She kept silent, glancing up at me once in a while as she continued to take cautious sips from her cup. She's been acting very strange and I don't know how to address it. I sat down on the stool beside her. 

 

"What's the matter unnie?" 

 

She just stared at me in silence. 

 

"Is there something bothering you? I'm here. You can talk to me if you want." I said encouragingly. 

 

Eunbi hopped off her seat and stood close to me, her eyes never leaving mine. I still don't understand why she's acting so strange so I called her on it. 

 

"Eunbi unnie what-" 

 

She threw her arms around me and leaned in for an unexpected and unsolicited kiss. It was really just a peck and it's over before I could even react, but she did kiss me. If anyone is keeping tally, that's the fourth shocked I got for the night and I'm sure that the expression on my face revealed that to her, but what shocked me even more is when she leaned in again and placed a soft and lingering kiss on my surprised lips. For the first time, I'm actually kissing Eunbi. It made me weak on the knees. I'm thankful I was sitting down. 

 

"Are you okay?" she asked as she examined my face when she pulled away. 

 

I was so dumbfounded all I could do was nod. Glancing up, I saw two pleading eyes staring back at me. Her warm hazel eyes telling me everything I had hoped for all these years - I want you. I need you. I love you. 

 

Am I imagining things? I know all too well how easy it is to see the things that I wanted to see but I'm pretty sure my eyes are playing tricks on me right now. 

 

"Kkura-ya, I love you." and now my ears are playing tricks on me too. 

 

My heart was beating so fast I couldn’t get a decent breath. My head which was filled with unasked-for thoughts just moments ago was now buzzing with anticipation.

 

"Am I dreaming?" I tilted my head, bemused. 

 

"No Kkura. Would you rather that you are?" she giggled. 

 

Oh how I missed that sound. Suddenly, the unmistakable call of the all-too-familiar feelings I had for her for years hurriedly resurfaced, spreading across my being. Every single desires, yearnings and frustrations erupted all at the same time, overwhelming my mind, making it impossible for me to fully comprehend what I just heard my best friend said. 

 

Eunbi smiled at me and before I knew it, her plump lips were pressed against mine once more. She didn't relent this time and I felt my body responding to her kiss. It felt so natural like we had already done this a thousand times before. We kissed slowly at first, so tentative as both of us nervously attempt to respond to what was happening, then it turned heated with desire, with longing and need. The passion I had for her for all these years were unleashed. All the pent-up emotions I had for her exploded out of control as our lips merged and melted together in this glorious moment. It was pure heaven. I wish it never ends. 

 

Eunbi moved closer, straddling my lap and ran her fingers through my hair. I grip her hips tightly, holding her to me as our mouths continued to move against each other hungrily. I feel her trace her tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entry. With a moan, I opened my mouth and met her tongue halfway with my mine. The way she feels in my arms, the way she tastes, sets every single one of my nerve endings on fire. I couldn't remember kissing anyone as much, ever.

 

I felt like a weight had dropped from my chest to finally discover that our feelings were mutual beyond belief. She was finally giving me what I wanted all these years, but how can something this good feels so wrong? I can't do this. This is wrong. This is so ing wrong. My mind is suddenly flooded by many conflicting thoughts and emotions. I had to stop this before it gets too far. 

 

"Eunbi unnie, wait." I said breaking the kiss. 

 

"What's wrong?" she huffed. 

 

"This is." I explained in between breaths. "What is this? What are we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter