Chapter 4

Will I Ever?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I felt different when I woke up today, a good different. For the first time in a while, my heart is not hurting. It feels new. I feel happy, like I'm walking on air and right now I'm on my way to the dining hall to meet the reason of all of this. 

 

"Hello beautiful." I walked up to Irene who is checking the menu and kissed her on the cheek. She was startled and looked at me with wide eyes. 

 

"I'm sorry. Too forward?" I apologized. 

 

"Well I guess I don't need coffee to wake up now." she blushed. 

 

"Did you sleep well?" 

 

"Like a log. How about you?" 

 

"Surprisingly well." 

 

We sat down and enjoyed our brunch, exchanging small talks about the weather. I didn't have anything planned today and I wonder if she would like to hang out with me again. 

 

"Do you have any plans today?" I inquired. 

 

"Nothing really. We can check out the beach, if you like." she replied as she take a sip of her orange juice. 

 

"Sounds like a good idea." 

 

 

Irene was already at the water edge by the time I followed out. I noticed we were the only ones on the beach today. She had already taken her off her flip flops and stripped down to her bikini when I got to her. She's wearing a light blue string bikini that showed off her milky-white skin and y curves. She gracefully ran into the water, making tiny splashes. What a visual.

 

"You're staring again Sakura." she chuckled, splashing water to my direction.

 

"What can I do? You look so stunning." 

 

"Stop making me blush and get in the water."

 

"Ah, so impatient." 

 

"Come on. Take it off." she whistled as I step out of my clothes to my swimwear and made my way to her. 

 

"Sakura no!" she squealed when I tugged her towards the deeper waters. She grasped her arms around my neck and wrapped her legs around my waist, clinging to my body like a koala. I held onto her hips to keep her up. I stopped until only our shoulders are over the water. 

 

"Don't do that." she hit me playfully on my shoulder but she did not pull away. 

 

"How the hell do you keep that body perfect?" I teased, bluntly. 

 

She blushed at my compliment, "I'm not really the type who actually work out. I've always looked like this." 

 

"I am so jealous right now and so does every other woman in the world." I sighed dramatically. 

 

"You're beautiful Sakura." she said as she held my face in her hands. 

 

"No, 'this' place is beautiful!" I countered, spinning us both in the water. 

 

"It's freaking amazing. It's like our very own private beach." Irene approved. 

 

"And you know what's even better?" 

 

"What?" she asked, curious. 

 

"You got me all to yourself." I replied playfully. 

 

"It really is my lucky day. I'm so glad I came here." she replied, still clinging onto me. 

 

"Me too. It wouldn't be much fun if I were here all alone." I looked deeply into her eyes. With her warm body against mine, I suddenly felt a rush of excitement. I have no idea what had gotten into me but I softly traced her lips with my thumb. I was about to lean in to kiss her but she floated away from me.

 

"Were so far out. We should probably get back." she suggested. 

 

"Okay." I smiled, trying hard to hide my disappointment. 

 

"I'll race you to the beach. The loser will have to pay for dinner." she challenged before swimming quickly back to shore. 

 

"W-wait what? Not fair... Unnie!" I complained while laughing, trailing behind her. At least I know that we'll be having dinner together later.

 

I was almost out of the water when a strong wave came up, knocking me down my . Irene went back for me and reached for my hand to help me up but a bigger wave came, knocking us both. We rolled over the sand laughing. She fell almost on top of me, face to face, giggling like high school girls. Out of impulse, I leaned up and kissed her lips. Her eyes widened by the surprise kiss. She jumped up immediately and went to pick up her clothes. 

 

"Unnie wait." I just knew I've blew it. I should have ask her first. "I don't know why I did that. Please don't be mad. I'm so sorry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter