Chapter 5

Will I Ever?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Irene and I ended up sharing the same bed in my room that night. We were both lying on our backs, staring at the white ceiling while talking about everything that had transpired in the last several days. We've reached that lazy mood that comes at night, sleepy but not really tired to fall asleep. 

 

"Are we crazy?" I can hear a smile in her voice. 

 

"Maybe." I chuckled. "This is fate in action. All we did was surrendered to it." 

 

She turned to my side propping her head by her hand for support. "True. Out of all the infinite possibilities, you and I wound up at the same place at the same time." 

 

"Both of us single and both of us down on relationships." I went on. 

 

"It's like the universe conspired and led the way for the two of us to be together" she smiled at the idea. 

 

"And sometimes all you just have to do is trust in fate and do something crazy." I exclaimed as I tried to comprehend how different things can be in such a short period of time. I held her hand as I continued, "All I know is that everything feels right when I'm with you." 

 

"Me too. We can't argue with fate now can we?" Irene asked smiling. 

 

"We most certainly can't." I concurred, kissing the back of her hand. 

 

We both decided to give in to fate and leave all our doubts behind. People would probably say that we were insane for rushing into a relationship or that there was no way we could already know that we were perfect for each other in a short span of time or that were but each other's rebound.

 

No matter what they were going to say, we both know that our journey had just begun and we agreed to take things slow. I was content letting fate lead me anywhere it wanted for as long as Irene is with me. Looking into her eyes at that moment, I feel like anything is possible. 

 

Suddenly I felt the urge to say, "I really, really like you, you know?" 

 

"I really, really like you too." she smiled warmly and leaned in forward for a deep slow kiss. It felt like all of time and space had stopped the moment our lips met. We kissed for a while... sometimes deeply, sometimes just mere brushing of our lips. It felt very nice. 

 

When Irene pulled away, she said, "We should probably go to sleep." 

 

"Okay, goodnight." I am forced to agree. I have no intension of pushing my luck any further. I admit, there were some times when I could get wrapped up in my emotions and let my heart go wild, but this time I wanted it to be diffent. I wanted to be careful. I wanted to do it right. 

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm doing this not because I’ve been burned and I’m bitter, but because we both deserve real love. We'll take on things one step at a time. I'm in for the long haul anyways. 

 

 

But I can't sleep. I've been tossing and turning so many times that Irene props herself up on her hand and looked at me with her eyebrows raised. 

 

"Sorry, I can't sleep." I admit. Her eyes wandered away from me as if she was considering something. She rolled over and cuddled closer into me, pulling my hand over her waist. 

 

"How's this?" she asked. Her neck is only centimeters from my face. I slowly ran my nose down the length of her neck, inhaling her sweet scent, my lips curled up when I felt her shivered 

 

"Perfect." I breathe out. I shifted and snuggled a bit closer so that I'm a little more comfortable. I felt more than happy, I felt content, it felt like home. Soon enough, I drifted off to a dreamless sleep. 

 

-

 

The rest of my vacation was nothing less than wonderful. Maybe I was blinded by the beauty of this place or seduced by the crazy adventures it offers but I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be with. 

 

Sadly my vacation has come to an end and I have to go back home. I was packing up my things when I sensed someone behind me, I knew it was Irene. I felt her wrap me into a hug and leaned against my shoulder. 

 

"You real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter