Chapter 6

Will I Ever?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Congratulations!" Yena cheered as she popped the champagne bottle open and poured the bubbly liquid in each of our glasses. The client meeting was a success. They love our work and we just closed a deal with them. 

 

"I can't believe we're able to pull that off." Hyewon said. Given the deadline and all, she's right. 

 

"I'm really thankful for you guys. I know that I wasn't my best self in the past months but I promise I'll do better from here on." My eyes are tearing up with appreciation for my two brilliant friends. 

 

"We understand unnie. Despite everything you still did your part extremely well. You are such a pro." Yena's kind words made my heart at ease. 

 

"And I know you will do much much better now since your inspired." Hyewon teased. 

 

"Weh? Saku-chan is inspired? By whom?" Yena asked, still got no clue of what's been going on.

 

"Her girlfriend who else." Hyewon broadcasted. 

 

"Woah! When did you get a girlfriend unnie?" Yena linked her arms to mine as if she's not gonna let go until she gets an answer. 

 

I just looked at her grinning.

 

"What's her name again.... Ah Irene, she met her during her trip." Hyewon continued, answering Yena's hanging questions.

 

"You go alone on a trip and you came back with a girlfriend... Daebak." she nudge me a little and gave me a thumbs up. "You really made the most of your vacation huh." 

 

"We only live once afterall." I said smiling, cliché but true. I brought my glass up and proposed a toast. "Here's to friendship, love and happiness." 

 

"May we cut through all life's bull and shenanigans." Hyewon did the same correspondingly 

 

"Ah... to world peace!" Yena blurted out, attempting to follow thru the toast. She added, "and for more moments like this." 

 

"Cheers to that." we all said laughing. 

 

We were halfway through the bottle when Eunbi called and facetime Hyewon. We all miss her and we're glad that she's doing well while she's away. We told her about our day and she congratulated us. She looks as beautiful as I remember. She told us about her class ending soon and how she's nervous because they will all have to do a performance with a live audience by the end of the training. 

 

"You can do it unnie." Yena cheered to boost her confidence. 

 

"We're proud of you." I added. 

 

"Thank you! How I wish all of you could be here. It's fun here, I really learned a lot but I'm glad it is almost over. I really miss home very much." I could feel the longing in her voice. 

 

"We miss you too unnie." Yena said. 

 

"Hang in there. Just two more months to go. It will be over before you know it." I added, hoping it would ease her homesickness. 

 

"We should get together when you come back." Hyewon suggested. 

 

"That would be perfect! All four of us, okay?" she requested excitedly. 

 

"We promise." 

 

I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket and I excused myself to answer the call. It was Irene calling to congratulate us and say goodnight. We only talked briefly but when I came back the video call with Eunbi had already ended as she had to go to class. The three of us chatted for another thirty minutes before calling it a night. It's been a wonderful week and I'm grateful that I have the most genuine friends who are always there for me no matter what and I swear that I will always be there for them too. 

 

-

 

The sun is peeking through my bedroom window. I rolled over and buried myself underneath the covers so that the light rays won't fall on my face. I'm nursing a little headache, how I wish I could just sleep in all day. I should make a reminder not to drink too much on a workday. 

 

Few minutes lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter