eight.

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EIGHT.

"I made the right choice," Dahyun concluded for the fifth time that night, pacing in the living room as Chaeyoung and Tzuyu sat on the couch watching her. "I did, right? I told her everything. That was a good idea right?"

"Yes." Both of her roommates groaned, hearing this monologue again. They tried to be understanding of Dahyun, that she was still a bit unsure of telling Mina.

They knew she wouldn't admit it, but she liked Mina back in her life. She liked seeing her while getting coffee and going to work with her. And she maybe had messed it up. Again. Mina had been yet to contact her after Dahyun's confession, and going on two days, Dahyun was starting to get a bit anxious.

"I shouldn't even be worrying about her. I should just focus on myself and my recovery. I have an AA meeting tonight anyways."

"Yup."

"She broke up with me, I don't need her."

"You're blocking the TV."

"Tzuyu at least pretend to listen!" Chaeyoung chastised, placing a chip into as hey both focused intensely on the television. Dahyun looked like she was about to argue back, but the doorbell ringing cut her off. She walked over to the intercom, and eyes widened.

"!"

"What?"

"Mina's here!"

"Huh?"

"Why?"

"I don't know!" Dahyun exclaimed, "should I let her in?"

"Uh, yeah? Duh."

"Okay! Okay!" Dahyun buzzed her in, and in a few seconds Mina was walking through their front door as the three women stared at her. She was wearing a brown winter jacket, and a knitted hat with a furry pom pom on the top. Her cheeks a rosy pink, raw from the cold.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Can we talk?" Mina asked, eyes shifting down to where Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were observing the duo. Dahyun nodded, pulling Mina into her room and shut the door.

The girl took no time getting herself comfortable on Dahyun's bed, shrugging off her coat and sat down, waiting for Dahyun to sit next to her. Dahyun sat next to her and they both just stared ahead, quiet.

"Everything you told me was true?" Mina asked, voice calm and even.

"Yes."

"How are you then?"

"Hm?"

"Have you been better?"

"I've been sober for a year." Dahyun said, a proud smile settling on her lips. It had been a hard fought year, and she nearly gave up a few times. Moving in with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu had been essential, relying on the girls when she couldn't rely on herself.

"Are you going to stay sober?"

"Yes."
There was something definitive in Dahyun's voice that made Mina believe her. Finally turning towards Mina, Dahyun sighed, "Mina-"

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry. About all of it."

"It's oka-"

"No, it's not. I just, I have a lot of mental baggage and stuff. And yeah that's not an excuse. But I didn't just ruin my life, I ruined yours." She sighed, "I blamed you for leaving, but- I was the one who pushed you away. I was so angry at you for leaving, but it was my insecurities. That you'd see how ed up I was- am. And you go."

"Are you still angry?"

"No."

"I'm not angry either."

"You should be."

"Maybe. But you can't change that, and I can't either. Character development is a thing. Redemption."

"But does everyone deserve that?"

"Not everyone, but you do." Mina smiled, "I can remember you. The real you. Before it got bad, before your addiction got out of hand. Just you, your smile, and how we were."

"And that's still me?"

"Yes."

"Do you still want to make me fall in love with you?"

"I'm not sure." Mina admitted, nervously fiddling with her hands, "I had to do some thinking, and-."

"And?"

"I need to focus on my family. They're suffering," There was a tremble in Mina's voice that tugged on Dahyun's chest, "I don't think Sana is coping well."

"Okay."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter