twenty.

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Twenty.

“Minari, we already ate but your plate is in the microwave,” Momo called out as Mina walked into the kitchen, the couple was already doing dishes. For some reason, it just made her upset more so than she already was. After a lame excuse, she left Nayeon’s house and made her way home, more confused and hurt than ever.

 

The couple looked so happy, as Sana tried to get a bit of bubble on Momo’s face and Momo attempted to dodge. She knew it was selfish, knew it was cruel of her to interrupt. Nothing made sense, it didn’t make sense. Her head hurt, everything hurt as the couple turned to her.

 

“You lied to me.” There it was, just put out in the open. She watched as confusion spread across the two older faces. Sana sent Momo a quick look before turning back to Mina, opening to try and get some answers. Mina didn’t let her, “We aren’t sisters, are we?”

 

“What are you saying? Of course, we are.”

 

“But we don’t have the same parents.”

 

Both girls went quiet at that, just the gentle tick of the clock was heard. The color seemed to drain out of Sana’s face, as she put down the pot she was washing and turned to give Mina her full attention, “We don’t.”

 

A beat.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Why would you need to know?” 

 

Mina blinked, feeling annoyance starting to bubble up in her stomach, “Why would I need to know? Do you hear yourself?”

 

“Yeah. What would it change?”

 

“Everything. It would change everything.” Mina felt something start to churn within her, something sour and rancid. Maybe it was the frustration of no one telling her everything, maybe it was just she needed someone to take her frustration out on, she wasn’t sure. “You lied to me.”

 

“I never lied to you.” She could hear Sana trying to keep her tone even, not let too much emotion seep into it. “My parents raised you, we are sisters.”

 

“No, we’re not.” There it was. Just three words. They didn’t seem to hold that much weight, just Mina spewing out whatever she wanted. She stood her ground, tensing up as she watched the expressions on Sana and Momo’s faces start to shift. Momo looked angry, her eyes darting between Momo and her girlfriend, her body language screaming that she wanted to step in the middle of whatever this was. What surprised her the most was the tears that started welling up in Sana’s eyes, glistening and catching the light. 

 

“What did you just say?” Sana asked, hurt dripping and pooling in her words. “You don’t mean that.”

 

“You heard me.” Mina was just trying to wound, trying to maim. It wasn’t right, but some sort of erted relief came from knowing she could make the other girl hurt like she was for even just a minute. It made her shameful, tears prickling her own eyes. She didn’t know what to feel, know what to do. Sana seemed to make that decision for her. 

 

“You- I- How dare you.” Sana was stuttering, her face turning an ugly shade of red, “Do you not understand everything I’ve done for you. I left my home, I’m drowning in debt, I have nothing. Because of you. Because I love you.” 

 

“You-”

 

“No. Shut up.” Sana spat, shaking. “Yes we don’t have the same parents, but don’t you dare try to say that we aren’t family. I can’t believe you would say that.”

 

Sana sounded really upset. And it wasn’t making Mina feel relieved like she thought it would, it just stung more. Looking at the woman, who now stared back at her with red-rimmed eyes, a few tears streaming down her cheeks. She had never seen Sana cry openly, only when the woman thought no one would notice or she was alone. Yet here she was, crying. And Mina caused that. 

 

However, she couldn’t stop herself, “You’ve hated me ever since I woke up. You just want me out of here, out of your hair for good. Don’t you.”

 

“I’ve done everything for you! I tried my hardest, and if that’s not good enough for you than I don’t care. Do you know how many hours I worked, how many jobs I had to put you through college?”

 

“You’re home late,” Mina commented, pushing over so Sana could plop on the couch next to her. She moved the few notebo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter