sixteen.

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sixteen.

MOMO’S LOVER is calling…

 

Ripping her eyes away from the piles of paperwork covering her desk, Dahyun set her sights on the lit-up vibrating phone that sat a few feet away. Sana’s contact name, alongside a selfie the two had taken years ago, had filled the screen for the first time in a while. She picked up the phone taking a few seconds to examine the photo in a bit more detail. Dahyun was dressed in her college royal graduation robe, hat still on her head as Sana smiled next to her, her long black hair curled slightly and was wearing a blue dress with a flower pattern on it. Dahyun smiled a bit at it, taking in the sight. Then she clicked the accept button and held it to her ear.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Dahyun..” Sana’s voice sounded off, the way her letters seemed to mash into each other the loud talking behind her, “You answered.”

 

“I did. Are you okay?”

 

“I don’t know, I think so. I feel dizzy.”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“O’Conners.” Oh. Dahyun frowned, why was Sana at a bar? O’Conners was nice, they had pretty good drinks for a good price. But that didn’t explain why Sana was there. Sana who had never touched a glass alcohol in her life, who hated drunk people and loud parties. A pit started to form in Dahyun’s stomach. 

 

“What are you doing there?” Dahyun questioned, trying to keep her tone even and calm. 

 

“I don’t know.” Sana answered, a hint of sadness in her voice, “This made you feel better, I want it to make me feel better.”

 

That felt like a stab in the gut. “Are you okay? Do you need me to pick you up?”

 

“Please.” 

 

Dahyun was already up grabbing her coat from where it rested on the back of her chair and nearly bolted out of the office. She ignored Joohyun as the woman called for her, asking where she was leaving in such a rush.

 

After breaking countless traffic laws, Dahyun arrived, standing outside of the heartbreakingly familiar brown doors of O’Conners pub. It’s been a good year since she last stepped in here, and she felt a bit scared. What if she was tempted and couldn’t resist. What if this was what triggered a relapse. Maybe she should just call Momo to pick Sana up and wait outside. 

No.

 

Sana had called her. She called her for a reason. She had to do this. For Sana. She pushed open the door and took a few steps in trying to look for where Sana could be.

 

“Dahyun!”

She turned to see Jackson, the bar’s owner waving over at her a smile on his face. “It’s been a while, can I get you something?”

 

“No..no I’m good.”

 

“You haven’t been here forever man. How have you been? Did you finally propose to your girlfriend that used to come here for you?”

 

“No, I didn’t. We broke up. Have you seen a woman around?”

 

“I’ve seen a lot of women.”

 

“She has shoulder-length brown hair-”

 

“Jackson, can I get another glass of this?” Someone called from the other side of the bar, he offered her a sympathetic smile before quickly rushing off leaving Dahyun to try and find the drunk woman.

 

Surprisingly, Tthe woman was easy to spot. Slumped over on the bar counter, her head resting as she sleepily ran her fingers around the rim of her now empty glass. Pushing past drunken people, she made Dahyun made her way to the woman, taking the glass and movi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter