thirteen.

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  THIRTEEN

The wave of disappointment that ran through Sana as she checked her phone yet again hurt more than it probably should have. She was a strong girl, she had lived through so much more than this. So why did it ache so much not to have any news on Momo?

 

The blank screen stared back at her, mocking her, daring her to do something. The thing was, there was nothing for Sana to do but wait. It had been two days, one more day and Momo would be released. Finally, she would be back in her arms, where she could hold her and never let anything bad come even remotely close to her. Just one more day, she could do it. She went to slip it back into her pocket, but she bumped into someone before she could do so causing her phone to clatter to the ground. The person offered a quick apology, before continuing to rush on by.

 

Sana went to pick up her phone grumbling at her person as she made her way to the shop. The sun was just coming up, and people were just started to make their way to work, so it was time to relieve Mina of her shift. Sana felt bad, asking the girl to do a double to cover for Momo’s absence. Mina didn’t mind. 

Her ears perked up as soon as she entered the shop. Mina’s belly laughs filled the place, a sound Sana hasn’t heard in so long. She rounded the corner to see Mina doubled over in laughter, trying to wipe the tears away from her eyes as Nayeon just sat there and watched her laugh. They both seemed to be having a good time, as Nayeon picked up another candy from her package and attempted to throw it into , but her aim was horribly off because of the laughter that racked through her body. That caused another round of laughter from Mina, and the cycle started over again. The older sister found herself laughing as well, the laughter infectious. 

 

“Onechan,” Mina wheezed out the sight of Sana finally registering in her mind. “Is It time already?”

 

Sana’s heart did a little somersault at this. Not once since she had woken up has Mina spoken to her in their native language. She just nodded back, and apparently, it was hilarious because Nayeon and Mina broke off into another round of laughter. 

 

“Sorry I didn’t realize, Nayeon came to visit me and we got a bit carried away.” Mina tried to explain but her tone was so incomprehensible Sana let out a chuckle as both girls started to make their way out of the shop, not before Mina gave Sana a small hug and a goodbye.

 

Sana just stood there and watched her sister walk out, not the stranger who had possessed her body ever since she woke up. Her sister. Nayeon and Mina were still laughing as they passed by the glass front of the door, pushing each other slightly and playfully. 

 

Oh, how she wished Momo could see this too. 

 

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

“What the-” Mina felt her heart jump from her chest as she looked at her open door. There was no way that the knocking she heard could be coming from there. Another knock sent her turning around to the window outside of her room, nearly jumping back when she saw Dahyun smiling back at her. She approached the window and opened it up, “What the hell are you doing up there?”

 

The lawyer was sat on the small piece of roof right outside of Mina’s window that hung over their small porch, “C’mon.”

 

“That looks dangerous.”

 

“It’s not,” Dahyun banged her foot down a few times to test the strength of the roof, “See?”

 

With a sigh, Mina grabbed a sweatshirt and squeezed herself out the window onto the small area. Dahyun passed her can of lemonade from her now discarded backpack, relaxing back on her arms and looking over the city. Mina cracked it open, taking a sip.

 

“How are you doing, you know, since..”

 

“Momo?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Sana misses her a lot, I can tell.” MIna answered. And it was true, she could see it in the way Sana was constantly checking her phone, in the anxious smile she held on her face, the way that she didn’t even sleep in their bed. 

 

“How about you?” Dahyun asked softly, laying down to gaze up at the stars that lined the sky, “You were really upset the other night.”

 

She wasn’t wrong. Mina was really upset about it. How Momo just screamed that she hated her, that she caused this. It felt like something was ripping her apart. Maybe she did cause this, and this was her punishment. But seeing Momo in the state she was in, it was scary. Sana’s grey car now sat in the driveway, unusable, with no real plan on what they were going to do with it. Sana had started taking the bus around (She hated the bus with a passion). 

 

“I was. It hurt a lot. I know Momo has done a lot for me, I can see it in the pictures in the halls, and the smile on her face. I just want her to feel better.”

 

The lawyer nodded, as Mina laid down next to her both o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter