run!

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie’s been acting a bit distant ever since they woke up this morning. Chaeyoung walked with Jennie in silence to school. She rubbed her bruised jaw as it started to throb. She noticed Jennie was watching her, more like observing her bruises with a sad expression.

The taller girl smiled and walked backwards, putting her head sideways like a puppy to look at Jennie. Unfortunately the girl huffed and turned her head away, avoiding Chaeyoung’s stare. She continued to quicken her pace and walked past her tall friend.

Chaeyoung’s brow furrowed slightly and scratched her head.

Is she mad at me? Chaeyoung wondered.

Just when chaeyoung was about to catch up to her, they were met with Jongin and his friends. The both of them slowed down with Chaeyoung instinctively stood infront of Jennie protectively, shielding her from Jongin’s view.

Jongin’s face were equally busted but his seemed uglier meaning he took more hits than he gave yesterday.

“Nice lip. Ate a knuckle sandwich?” he snickered referring to chaeyoung’s busted lip which earned him a laugh from his group of friends.

“Nah, why don’t you call your mom she probably knew what happened last night. Got her screaming good.” Chaeyoung smirked while his friends tried to cover their laughter.

Pissed off, he growled. “Shut up retards! All of you earned 200 laps in the field after school!” he walked away, nose up high in the air. His friends cursed under their breaths and followed him suit.

“Oh and your nose turned uglier! Maybe you need a plastic surgeon to fix that up!” Chaeyoung called out referring to his broken nose from being kneed by her.

Turning around to face her dumpling cheeked friend, she was met with a glare by her. Chaeyoung raised her hand in question. “What? What did I do?”

Jennie shook her head and sighed out in disappointment. And walked away heading toward the school’s entrance. Chaeyoung looked at her retreating form helplessly.

Just then her friends came along, a few rode their motorbikes and others walked. All of them had a few bluish marks identical to Chaeyoung’s showing their “battle scars” from their fight.

“Why the long face boss.” Jungkook nudged her arm with his fist. Chaeyoung adjusted her bag on one side and shrugged. “Jennie’s mad at me.”

“Oh I’m not good at relationship problems –“

“What?! We’re – We’re not together. We’re like – separately together. FRIENDS.” She blurt out fast in defense.

Her group of friends laughed at her attempt. “Yeah yeah. Just admit that you’re a er for her.” Seulgi teased while juggling her keys in her hands. They walked past Jennie’s group of friends and all of them exchanged looks. Chaeyoung looked at Jennie and seulgi turned silent when she passed Joohyun. The raven haired girl hugged her book tighter and her eyes flicker from the ground to Seulgi’s eyes.

It was obvious they shared an unspoken tension but they had never done anything about it.

“Eyes off her skirt Seulgi.” Chaeyoung spoke loudly with a smirk. It was loud enough for Jennie’s pack to hear and this caused both Seulgi and Joohyun to blush hard.

“I wasn’t – I was not! – I was not looking at her skirt!” seulgi walked a head trying to get far from them. Chaeyoung and the others barked with laughter.

 

The day felt slow to Chaeyoung because usually Jennie and her would talk since they had a few classes but ever since they entered class, Jennie had been avoiding her eyes everytime Chaeyoung attempted to talk to her.

By the time the bell signal lunch time, the hordes of students made their way around the school. Jennie walked upfront and Chaeyoung followed close behind. They walked and Jennie still gave her the cold shoulders.

The shorter girl head to the library

“Whoah, okay. Hold on. You’re upset with me.” pulling at Jennie’s bag backwards to stop her.

She stumbled a little, “No I’m not.”

“Yes you are. You’re acting weird again.” She crossed her arms stating a matter-of-factly. Jennie squinted her eyes before pushing the library door opened. “I’m not acting weird, my mind’s just preoccupied is all.”

“Well if there’s something going on, then share it with me.”

Jennie turned to go through the literature section, she shook her head with a chuckle.

“You do this everytime you’re upset. Acting fine when we both know that you’re not.”

“Leave it Chaeyoung.” she sighed tiredly. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to talk about it, it was just that she knows Chaeyoung so well. Talking about the issue won’t stop her from doing it since she’s a hard-head. Even more when she’s the leader of Rebels, had to keep up the image.

“Was it –“

“Shhhhh!” the librariar cut her off and Chaeyoung taunted her by zipping and flicking an imaginary lock to her. Earning a glare from the old lady, Jennie rolled her eyes at Chaeyoung and pulled the girl away from the librarian’s view. She wonders what Chaeyoung did for the lady to hold that much of a grudge on her ; always hitting Chaeyoung with a newspaper, shushing her when she talked barely above a whisper, etc.

“As I was saying – Was it because of the fight I had last night with Jongin and his goons?” Leaning her weight against the timber book shelf.

Sighing, “You’re not going to give up are you?”

“Have you known me to be that type to give in?” She smirked following Jennie towards one of the tables.

“Fine then. Beg first – and I’m not talking about the normal begging. I’m talking about the one you usually do when we’re alone.” She sat down and smirked up at Chaeyoung. Her smirk wiped off when realization hit her.

She looked around with uncertainty. There were other people around them. Glancing back at Jennie incredulously.

“You’re joking right?”

Shaking her head, “Come on then. Chop chop. It’s not like you’re not used to it – or is it that it’s too sweet for big bad Chaeyoungie?” Teasingly mocked the girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter