before you; two (1)

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Somewhere in the past]

Dragged to the cinema, Jennie sighed for the umpteenth time that evening as she let her friends do as they pleased. Loud was an understatement, nothing unusual among themselves.

Friday was movie night tradition for their group of friend – Nayeon, Jihyo, Joohyun, Jimin and Jennie.

Jennie wasn’t reluctant to go, she was just making herself worry about the tons of school work and tests she had in the upcoming week.

“Loosen up Prez – your shoulders are so tensed!” Jimin rubbed her shoulders and skipped as they made their way around the crowd of people going in and out of the cinema.

“It’s time to let go all the school we have and enjoy this –“ Jihyo laughed alongside the feminine featured boy and swung her arms around him walking fast into the red carpeted floors of the cinema.

Jennie shook her head with a giggle seeing how silly her two friends are and felt a hand slipped linking their arm with hers. Nayeon smiled showing off her bunny teeth, a smile that always leave Jennie with assurance with things aside other that Student Council stuff. It’s the right decision letting her friend be the Vice President because some things are just difficult to handle by yourself.

“They’re right. Take a breather, Jenjen. Don’t worry your mind for now and remember that I’m here to help you with anything.” She tilted her head and Jennie smiled thankfully.

“Yeah nerd – we gots your backs.” Joohyun wiggling her eyebrows teasingly which earned her Jennie’s ‘Tsk’.

“Thanks guysss. But do we haaave to watch a fantasy – psychological movie?”

Jennie sighed again once they’ve queued up to buy their movie snacks. She was being shook from side-to-side by Jimin who was excitedly groaning like a kid trying to give off his energy to his friend.

“are you kidding me?! Bruce Willis is in it and who wouldn’t want to see him act –“ He deadpanned.

Jennie glanced to her friends one-by-one and said something that made them gasps.

“Bruce- Who?”

Covering , Jihyo was stunned as Jimin and the boy was already fanning himself to cool down from going off. “Don’t worry, our dear uncultured friend – we’re here to educate you.” Petting Jimin’s back to calm him down.

“Hold me sis before I go off.” Nayeon giggled at their antics, holding onto Jimin who was being dramatically fanned by Jihyo.

Jennie smirked and shook her head challenging them more, “I never even heard of this movie.”

“Um – woman? I’m not even a fan of the movie but I still know of the storyline.” Joohyun looked at her bewildered.

“YOU DO KNOW THAT WE’RE ABOUT TO WATCH THE THIRD MOVIE OF THE FRANCHISE RIGHT?” Jihyo looked Jennie dead in the eye whilst shaking Jennie’s body back and forth. The poor girl was seeing the world in motion as her friends become louder.

Saying how why did no one checked to see if their President had seen it or not – or if she’s been living under a rock or is the rock this whole time – or asking if she’s seen the first and second movie yet ; Unbreakable and Split.

All Jennie could do was give in to her friends and her eyes caught someone familiar –

She adjusted her eyes, focusing and lessening the vibrations from being shook non-stop and finally could registered at who were lining up to buy tickets.

My – my. Isn’t it the school’s bad girl.

Chaeyoung.

Who was conveniently looking their way with an amused smile looking at Jennie’s state. Jennie’s cheek reddened a little at this but quickly recovered by narrowing her eyes at the blonde girl playfully.

“Wow – why don’t you look at that. The unspoken devil is here with her little gang.” Joohyun pointed out which Jennie shushed her.

Her other friends awed and cooed teasingly as usual. The teasing never stops – trust me.

Lowering her head down, Jennie groaned and pushed at her friends to stop at it with their nuisance.

“You guys are doing this on purpose.” Stealing glances at the Rebel Leader as she had her hair tied up in a ponytail showing off her perfectly well defined jaw. She might even admit she was drooling a tiny bit from how attractive the girl was. Baby hairs cutely shuffled in her attire. She leaned against the counter as her other few friends kept on nudging her and bothering her from buying the tickets.

Even hollered like typical rebels when they could just be themselves. Swatting the hands that kept pinching her and laughed with a shake of her head at their childishness.

“Hey, if you’re done peeping at your bad girl over there – it’s time for us to head in.” Joohyun smirked throwing back her thumb at their Cinema number that lit up with the words ‘Now Showing’.

“You’re being annoying.” Jennie laughed as she grabbed at the popcorn from her friend’s hand walking ahead of her.

“Yeah- it’s a gift.” Shrugging her shoulders.

Their constant teasing was now incoherent when the two met eyes once again. Everything was blurred except for each other as time slowed down all together. Chaeyoung observed the dumpling cheeked girl from head-to-toe and her chest warmed all of a sudden. Jennie felt those sharp eyes thoroughly on her and she can’t help but admit that she is loving the attention the taller girl is giving her.

Damn those button up shirts. The audacity to look that good. Don’t look at her. Don’t look at her – .

Good lord, just look at her in a mother ing crop top and a lavender sweater with high wasted pants. A woman who deserves rights.

Jennie fumed at herself for letting her drooling slipped and she shook out of her state.

Stop it – she’s just a person.

Yeah…. Just a normal person…. Who just so happens to be abnormally attractive and can’t keep her eyes to herself and so can’t i. Damn it.

Glancing one last time at Chaeyoung, her heart swelled when the blonde let out a tiny smile which then disappeared once Jennie entered her hall cinema.

Leaning back into her seat, Jennie rubbed her face to stop thinking of Chaeyoung. They were 50 minutes into the movie and Jennie couldn’t concentrate one bit. Registering the plot of the movie was a no-go since she haven’t watched the first two – like ? This Glass dude is hella fragile and why is this other dude keep on changing his personality - what the heck?

That stupid smile on her stupidly perfect face, Ugh! Gosh. She sunk in deeper in her seat as she groaned with a light blush and luckily the room was dark.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re still hung up on seeing your baby boo.” Jennie cringed at the term Joohyun used and glared at the girl who didn’t give any mind as her eyes were fixed on the screen. Again with her teasing.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re disappointed that Seulgi wasn’t there.” Jennie mocked her with a high pitched tone which made the person infront of them shushed them for being too loud. They apologized shamefully. A ‘tsk’ came out of the girl beside her, “That low, huh?”

Poking her tongue out, Jennie was hit with a tiny popcorn and she gasped. Picking her own popcorn Jennie threw it to Joohyun and they started a small popcorn fight. Jimin noticed and tried to stop them from wasting the good food and tried to pull the box but it got ripped when both Jennie and Joohyun pulled on it simultaneously causing it to spill.

“Oh shoot –“

“Yikes.”

Jimin facepalmed at his two friends and sighed out tiredly.

Joohyun pointed at Jennie, “she started it –“

“Oh quiet. I’ll get another one.” Jennie got up, too tired to argue and got out of the hall. “Thanks boo.” Joohyun winked slyly and sent a flying kiss to Jennie’s way. Seeing this, Jennie blocked and flicked the imaginary smooch away and rolled her eyes.

The girl didn’t mind though, she needed a breather anyways to clear her mind. It wasn’t that the movie wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter