us talking.

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Testing, testing... in this thing on?}

[Sometime in the past – after the roller skating event.]

Turns out trying to be friends are harder than they thought. People never saw them together and if they ever did see them starting talking then it would be a hell of a news to the whole school.

The reason being all this while they’ve been acquainted, they never actually had the thought of getting to know one another. It’s always been in neutral ground. For one, Jennie’s always been there when there’s a fight breaking out between the famous rivals, The Rebels and The Jocks.

It’s her duty to break them apart and by the end of the day she’ll have both leaders, Chaeyoung and Jongin, by the arm dragging them to the Principal’s Office to have him deal with these hot-heads.

But ever since that accidental bump they had, that’s when things started to become… weird.

It was unaccustomed ground.

A foreign feeling that they can’t put a finger to it.

Deep down, they wanted to unravel that feeling.

They wanted to understand it, to know and acknowledge the feeling.

And so they ended up with the occasional glances thinking the other won’t notice but after time and time, they started to sense the other has been watching. And god, there was this sort of relief that it wasn’t just one-sided between them.

No, it was returned in a way they couldn’t describe.

But they know.

Then slowly they’re eyes weren’t shy anymore and they accepted that looking at each other, being noticed and holding that stare they have was making them whole.

Complete.

Foreign. Very foreign.

But satisfying.

Chaeyoung sitting in her room, twirling her pencil in her hand as she laid down in her bed thinking of the times they’d seem to not want to look away from each other.

Jennie at night doing her usual routine of picking an outfit just before tomorrow but find her mind wandering to when anywhere she goes, there’s always Chaeyoung in the other end.

Then they’d stare out their windows and thought:

What in the hell is going on?

There was a driving force pulling between them. An unstoppable force that always brings them to one another.

They wander, maybe they should talk. But how in the heck were they going to do that? Neither knew that the other wanted to even speak or hold a conversation.

It was too hard.

But then that thing happened in class and Chaeyoung didn’t know where her courage came from when she’d offered the other her seat where the air conditioning wasn’t aiming directly at her.

And then from there it went smoothly, talking was much easier.

But they found out, talking was easier when no one was around. Just the two of them.

And so they reached another crisis:

Why the hell is it so awkward to talk to your friend in public?

Finding out just saying hi to one another was even more difficult than they expected. The reason is because in school, everybody knows everybody. Meaning everybody knows the juice. Everybody knows your business. Your reputation is in an invisible form. Like investment. Your money floats around, incrementing and decrementing.

And so the hierarchy for both girls were somewhat on top of the pyramid.

The Student Representative Council.

The Rebels.

The Jocks.

All in one hierarchy but all are separated. They don’t negotiate, they don’t speak, they don’t acknowledge. All are a bothersome to one another.

Jocks pick on fights, Rebels react, SRCs neutralizes it.

That all changed for the worst, when Jennie and Chaeyoung start to acknowledge more of each other.

But third party which is Jongin, doesn’t like that they seem to be more involved with one another and so the fights are more frequent with Jongin not liking that his interest in Jennie was being blocked by Rebel Scum, Chaeyoung.

But he knows they aren’t close, so that’s why he goes out of his way to piss Chaeyoung off when it comes to Jennie. Announcing his territory on the girl, and Rebel leader does not like sound of it. This sometimes causes bruises and Chaeyoung doesn’t understand why she is so impulsive when it comes to the Student President.

Maybe it was just to protect someone’s integrity, not wanting Jongin The Dumb Rock to talk smack of a girls assets. It’s gross and demeaning. Jennie isn’t owned by anyone, she’s her own person. And his words, just burns red in her.

-

-

Okay just talk to her. Say ‘Good Morning’ or even a simple ‘Hi’ that will suffice your nagging feeling. You wanted to be friends so why is it so difficult to open your mouth, Jennie?

Alright, she’s by her locker. Do I just wave? Would it be weird? What will people think and how would they react? Does Jennie want people to know we’re friends now? Darn, this is so hard.

Jennie had been messing around in her locker even if she had nothing to do with it anymore. Book in, book out. Grab things and leave for class. The only thing holding her back from moving was the want to say hi to Chaeyoung who was standing still as a statue by the drinking fountain.

They were both facing the same problem unknowingly.

Chaeyoung now was looking ahead at where the girl was at who was clutching hard on her book. Jennie had glanced to the latter and this had the girl by surprise. Facing away quickly resort to drinking from the drinking fountain beside her.

Right, this is the perfect chance. Go right up to her – but wait I fear she’ll choke. Maybe wait after she’s done drinking.

Shoot, I hope she didn’t think I was weird for looming around her like that. Maybe I should try another time and just busy myself with drinking. This way she won’t notice my weirdness.

Wow she’s really thirsty and it’s been like a minute or so but who’s counting. But this is good. I should try a different approach where I’m not watching her drink water.

Is she still there? Oh my god I’m not ready for this.

And so as if they’re prayers had been heard, the school bell had rang. They both let out a sigh of relief not to have to face this awkward new situation with each other.

-

-

Jennie’s shared classes with Chaeyoung hadn’t gone so well. Seated just next together and she was itching to turn and just spill out that Hi but it never came out.

While Jennie was hesitating, Chaeyoung was having internal monologues – or more like arguments with herself.

Stop sweating about this. You’ll get your sweat on her. Oh I hope she doesn’t smell me. The leather jacket’s not making things better. I should take it off.

Just as Jennie was about to finally speak her unspoken thoughts to Chaeyoung. The girl had shrugged the leather material off her shoulders and was now showing more skin. Her eyes fell to Chaeyoung’s toned exposed arms. Thanking god for letting this event happen where the girl wore a beige coloured vintage collared shirt that fit so well with her physique.

Jesus.

The Student President gripped her table on reflex. Holding on for what? Trying not to slip into bliss seeing the Rebel Leader in this state?

Jennie side-eyed her; the girl seeming to be clueless of Jennie’s sudden reaction. Letting her observe more and happens to notice the sweat trickling down her neck.

Must be hot in here? But the ventilators are working properly.

Chaeyoung had rubbed the back of her neck letting the air cool her down.

Never knew how pressuring it was to be friends with someone. Then again it’s not just someone now is it?

Leaning back in her chair as she let go of a heavy breath stealing a glance at the beautiful dumpling cheeked girl next to her.

-

-

Okay so before this you were able to what? Speak full sentences to her like a normal human being but now you’re sweating like a pig feeling nervous for nothing.

The teacher had given us time to go through the text in the book. So Chaeyoung had some time to spare in giving it a shot of greeting her new ‘friend’ beside her.

Turning her head, Chaeyoung watched as the girl beside her was deep in thought as she scanned the book under her nose while mumbling softly.

It was cute when Jennie look downwards because then her cheeks would puff up a little changing her expression as if she were pouting.

Smiling at the thought.

As the girl had built up a small confidence she had noticed a slight movement over her shoulders and panned her eyes to it. Behind her were ‘fangirls’ or sorts giggling and waving at Chaeyoung, obviously excited to have the Top Leader of The Rebels finally noticing them. One of them even made a heart sign while making small sounds of ‘Hearteu~’.

Grimacing internally, Chaeyoung gave a tightly smile and a nod causing a louder than intended uproar.

“Kyah!” Simultaneously heard from the back seaters which surprised people.

The teacher flinched in his seat adjusting his glasses, surprised at the screeching sounds of girls.

Chaeyoung sunk in her seat knowing she had caused it and just sat in silence. Even jennie was surprised by it causing her to accidentally pull her pencil making a long line covering a part of her notes.

Oops, Chaeyoung thought.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Can’t you see our President Jennie-ssi is reading?!”

Jennie’s eyes widened at this abruptness. It was one of Jennie’s fanboy who stood up holding a fan with him pointing accusingly at the fangirls in the back.

The fan he held was used to fan Jennie from the back, no wonder the girl felt a slight shiver.

Other fanboys and a few girls hollered in support.

“Yah! Idiot! Sit down, your spit is hitting our Rebel Leader Chaeyoung-ssi’s handsome face!”

One girl threw a piece of paper at the fanboy’s head.

“Who did that!? I’ll remember you!” His friend pulled him down and they started arguing amongst each other.

Lord how did this happen?

Sadly the teacher infront failing terribly to keep the students calm down.

“I do not get paid much to deserve this.” He mumbled tiredly.

“Please calm down!” he squeaked.

As both the girls predicted, chaos occurs when their lives intertwined.

-

-

And so the day went on with still no words exchanged.

Chaeyoung sat in her usual seat in the round table of the cafeteria with her friends chattering loudly as usual.

The girl’s tray still full of food untouched as she closed her eyes mumbling incoherent words.

If Jungkook and Seulgi didn’t know any better, they’d think their friend had gone full monk-mode.

“Um if you’re done meditating can I have some of your spicy chicken slices?”

“No and I’m not meditating.”

Sensing Jungkook sneakily reaching out to grab Chaeyoung’s food, the girl smacked his hand away. Pouting at the sudden attack, he sipped his orange juice box.

“Then what are you doing, blondie?” Quickly snatching some of Chaeyoung’s fries, the girl noticed by the swift of air and whined as It was taken away from her.

“Hey! Don’t you guys eat enough! Get more of your own, savages.” Securing her tray from her friends. Huffing, “I was manifesting.”

“Manifesting? The only thing you were manifesting was stupidity.” Seulgi grabbed another fry with a smirk playing on her lips.

“ you. My mind was manifesting some useful words.” Laughing.

“Ahhh you still haven’t said anything to Jennie Kim since that night –“

Chaeyoung covered the boy’s mouth stopping him in midsentence as she glanced around her table where the other Rebels paused in their own little loud world to concentrate on the name.

“Mind your business.” Glaring at them, with one look it had all of them resume whatever topic they were discussing among each other.

“Do you need a microphone next time to help announce to the whole school?”

“What’s the big deal? Being friends with her isn’t bad you know.” her shrugged innocently.

“As dumb as he can be I have to agree with him, Boss.”

Seulgi patted Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

“It’s not bad. She’s actually really cool..”, getting shy.

“But change is weird here – I just had my fangirls fought with her fanboys in class for some silly thing.”

“Did you at least get it on tape?”

Annoyed evident in her expression, Chaeyoung shook her head.

 “Kidding – but Jungkook’s right. Both of you wanted to be friends then why the hesitations? Don’t worry about word of mouth among the students.”

Taking a sip from her drink.

“Unless you’re in love with her or something.”

Choking, Chaeyoung coughed out struggling for air at those words.

“Yah! Seulgi, stop poking fun at our boss.” Rebel boy one passed Chaeyoung his tissue and another had patted her back.

“I’m fine. I’m fine. But you’re definitely not.” Narrowing her eyes at Seulgi who caught on. The prey sprinted off her seat with a laugh as her friend chased her.

“You’re dead when I get you!”

“Gotta be faster than that, Slowpoke! Seems like you’re loose on those corners!” Dashing swiftly to the left as she dodged the Newspaper Club members carrying their stack of papers.

“Watch it!”

Seulgi stopped behind a wall to watch Chaeyoung, anticipating her crash against them but her eyes widened when the Rebel Leader skillfully slide under both the pupils who were screaming in fear.

Spoke too soon, I guess.

Standing up with a smirk and a pat to her black pants. “You were saying about the corners?”

“Show off.”

-

-

“I feel like people’s eyes are following wherever I go. They won’t leave me alone.” 

“Isn’t that normal when you’re in the SRC?” Said Irene as she her paint brush downwards.

The members of the committee were doing their Annual Spring Cleaning!

Not actually annual when you have to do it 4 times a year. It wasn’t in any of their favors except Nayeon considering it was her idea.

It was definitely Nayeon’s idea. She loves the place tidied up, she can’t handle dust because of her allergies and so everyone agreed with it. However they did not know that they had to reorganize the whole room. After long they figured it was a nice change.

However it’s been awhile since the members of the Committee had redecorated the Club room. Rearrange furniture, sweeping up dust bunnies, repainting a section of the room, and recycling whatever that can be recycled. 

And that’s why you have sitting on the floor, Jennie and Irene. Jennie thanked the heavens that she decided to wear her loose black high waisted pants or it wouldn’t have been comfortable with a skirt riding up.

“It’s just a Club too, barely a difference than the others.”

“Yeah well they’re not representing the students are they? Besides they’re harmless.”

Jennie scoffed putting down her brush.

“I don’t see your fan club fighting other fan clubs in class like bunch of barbarians.”

“Oh yeah I heard about that! How did that go?” Jimin laughed at his spot but coughed when a dust bunny flew in gracefully into his throat.

“Serves you right.” Smirked as she watches Jimin suffer. “Horribly, Mr. Tan had to dismiss us early just to disperse the feud.”

“I’d be happy if it means leaving class early.”

Irene shrugged and Jennie couldn’t help but give a tired smile.

“Anyways, not saying that the fanboys are a bothersome – they’re just quite the handful.”  Sighing as she rubbed her neck feeling a tightness around the corner.

Irene and Jimin shared an amused smile.

“Say have you and you-know-who talked yet?”

“Who are you talking about?”

“Don’t act dumb. School’s Top Bad Girl who’s been eye ing you –“ Irene shook her shoulders suggestively.

“WHOAH!”

“WOMAN!”

“WHAT!?”

All of them exclaimed including Jennie who was now a deep shade of red. People would mistake her as a tomato!

“Hyunnie, Jennie is a whole child!” Nayeon smacked her with a feather duster.

“This room is anti-, ma’am.” Jihyo called out behind the door.

“Jesus is watching.” The only boy made a cross sign dramatically with his eyes closed.

“You bunch of hoes are acting like you haven’t been thinking the same thing! Park Chaeyoung has been not so subtly stealing glances at her and you missy don’t act so innocent.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter