how oblivious can one be?

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The evening sky changed into shades of orange and pink as the sun was beginning to dip into its horizon when two people were laughing and enjoying their dinner as they sat beside the windows. Glasses were half empty that was once filled with strawberry milkshake and Vanilla. A bucket of 6 piece nuggets in between them left forgotten losing its once warm state.

“There has to be someone you’re into.” Chaeyoung bit into what’s left of her fries with a tiny smile. her thumb that had crumbs and oil stuck to it. “No one is not at least a little interested in anybody.”

Sighing into her palm, the one she had used to prop her chin onto while she looked at Chaeyoung with an amused look. What a question.

“I don’t get what’s so special about that? People are so caught up into crushes these days as if you’ll die without liking someone.”

“It’s not that. You’re free to like or not like anyone –“

“There you have it! Even you say that it’s fine.”

“Hold on.” chaeyoung chuckled. “What I’m trying to say is, the human emotion is unpredictable right? Alright you don’t like someone but you can’t deny that at some point in your life your brain clicked and these unexpected feelings show up.”

Jennie watched as chaeyoung wave around the nugget infront of them while the turtle neck wearing girl talked. She’s trying to not get distracted by how attractive Chaeyoung still was albeit funnily moving the nugget from one hand to another.

“Human emotions can be controlled.” Jennie stated.

“No it can’t. It’s like saying you can control your biting when I make you overwhelm or I tease you too much.” Laughing at her friend who turned red at the mention of her habit.

“Well maybe not fully - you got that right but with factors and reasons it’s highly possible.”

Jennie crossed her arms with a huff sinking back into the leather seat of the diner. Chaeyoung gave her an anticipating look as if to clarify further on what she meant and so Jennie let out a sigh. Safe to look directly at the sun at this time, Jennie watch only a quarter of it peeking through the earth.

The girl opposite of her used this chance to observe what’s left of the light from the sun bouncing off of Jennie’s skin making it glow in the most angelic way. Was it a good time to get lost in a lovesick pool of gay yearning?

Her eyes never leaving the outside world while her friend did the same on her.

“Let’s say you’ve liked this person for so long and you’re almost positive that they happened to like you too. But then it’s like they make and say things that make you feel unsure and it turns out they like someone else.” Biting her lip momentarily before meeting Chaeyoung’s fixated eyes as she nodded. Gulping down her nervousness. “And so the fear of losing that person that you like so much overtakes the feeling of wanting to confess. So you have no choice but to just shut those feelings out or be ready to accept rejection.” Emphasizing with her hands, Jennie ended with a shrug.

Silence came.

It lost its comfortableness when Jennie didn’t earn a response from Chaeyoung after a minute has passed. So shifting in her seat was the only thing she could do besides glancing at the girl infornt of her who’s lost in her own thoughts.

Resting her hands on the table, Jennie played with her fingers for a while. Okay it was getting too awkward now with Chaeyoung’s eyes roaming her face as if it had words written on it.

“I mean it’s just an example you don’t have to take it seriously.”

“No, no it’s just – I guess I agree.”

Eyes widened as she flustered over this.

“You do?”

“Yeah I mean… if those were the factors than I don’t stray far from it too. I’d be guilty if I’d lie that I won’t do the same thing.” Scratching her eyebrows. The reason she was so silent just now was because she was trying to rack her brain on who might have made Jennie go through those feelings.

“Who is it?”

“Who’s who?”

“The one you that can make you feel this way!”

Jennie looked at her friend almost in disbelief if it weren’t for how cute Chaeyoung was being because the girl was still actually oblivious to whom Jennie was referring to. Look at her sitting there all mad and ready to beat someone up for her friend.

“I’ll beat them up for making you feel sad over them!”

Chaeyoung connected her fist with her palm making a punching motion then continued to air jab continuously. The girl sighed and plopped her head onto her hands again as her elbow rested on the dining table with a defeated smile as she watched Chaeyoung who was too distracted to notice it. Giggling when Chaeyoung starts to avoid invisible attacks coming at her and this brought Chaeyoung’s attention to her who looked at her in surprise but chuckle when Jennie’s adorable gummy smile peaked through.

“You like that huh?”

“You making a complete fool of yourself? Oh yeah, on the tippy-top of my entertainment list.”

“Tsk. You troublemaker.”

Throwing a used tissue at the dumpling cheek girl who flicked the tissue back with her middle finger and thumb once it landed on her forearm.

“Last time I remembered you’re the bad girl while I’m the good girl.”

“You’d make a good Rebel, though.”

“Really?”

“A leather jacket would suit you damn well.”

Chaeyoung smirked when Jennie’s cheek turned visibly red by her forwardness. Picking at her leftovers with a fork she jabbed the poor lettuce as she avoided her friend’s eyes.

“Stop being weird or I’ll bite you harder next time.”

“Please don’t!”

-

-

“Please accept my gift, Jennie-shi!”

The boy bowed 90 degrees infront of the bewildered girl who was hugging her books tight against her chest frozen. In his hand held a cold bottle of sweet peach tea. Jennie smile awkwardly and nodded with a thanks before he ran away with a blush that reached his ears. Chuckling as she looked at the bottle in her hand, Jennie saw he attached a sticky note on the bottle with three words written on it.

I like you! <3

Sighing, “That’s the fourth time this week, I wonder if they’ll ever get tired.”

Jennie was used to the gifts her fanboys had given her and at times she’d put all of them in the SRCs club room for anyone who wants to get some refreshments.

Opening her locker, Jennie continued to put away her books when she realized there was a torn out note it between her books. Confused, she pulled to read it and smiled softly realizing who it was from.

Meet me at our tree, troublemaker. – P.C

Tsk, who’s the troublemaker really?

Clipping the note on her inner locker walls with the other notes she had received from Chaeyoung, Jennie adjusted the straps of her bag on one shoulder before closing the metal locker.

Walking out, Jennie stepped on the dry grass as she hummed. In her hand, was still the peach tea that was given by her fanboy. Nearing the huge cherry blossom tree they always sit together when they want to eat together without any prying eyes. Jennie’s lips formed into a small pout when she didn’t see the tall girl anywhere. Looking around, she took out her phone wanting to call Chaeyoung but before she could – arms circled around her waist.

Jennie screamed in surprise as the culprit pulled her into a back hug and twirled them around.

“You scared me, Jerk face!”

Chaeyoung laughed once had let go of Jennie while trying to avoid Jennie’s kick.

“That was so funny! You should’ve seen your face.”

“You stink for real, I hate you.” Deadpanned at Chaeyoung who was laughing her off clutching her stomach and pointing at Jennie. Clearly amused by her little surprise attack on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter