aren't we all thirdwheels?

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “It’s probably going to be another lame-o trip to the museum again, hell no.”

“What do you have against museums?” Chaeyoung chuckled at her friend’s comment. She adjusted her backpack straps on her shoulder and proceeded to unlock her locker.

16 – 01 – 96

A clicking sound can be heard indicating the padlock has been unlocked as she opened her locker. Seulgi stood by with a hand in the pocket of her black leather jacket while the other held her phone. Chaeyoung saw a glimpse of her scrolling her Instagram feed and she might be losing her mind because she thought Seulgi was looking at pictures of a certain Bae Joohyun.

“Don’t worry I have no hate for your beloved nerd place.” Seulgi smirked while her eyes still trailed her phone and Chaeyoung reached out to ruffle her hair.

“!”

“You deserved that.”

“Uncool, it was hard to get my hair this nice alright – besides I didn’t call you a nerd…” Seulgi comb her hair through the gap of her fingers and waved it out. “Even if you are one.”

Chaeyoung scoffed, “Anyways, I think it’ll be fun you know.”

The girl closed her locker and followed Seulgi who pushed herself off from the lockers. They stopped by a drinking fountain when Chaeyoung continued her reasons with an innocent shrug. Seulgi had her head ducked down to drink as she listened.

“Take our time off classes and hang – it’s our last year.”

Wiping the water trickling down her chin as she narrowed her eyes at Chaeyoung.

“First off, we do have fun. We go to the workshop. We – we hang at Neon’s Diner. We join parties with South High. We go to the quarry. Etcetera, etcetera.” Seulgi put up her fingers to count each one. “How much fun do you need?”

“I – well....”

“And let’s not forget. You. Don’t. Do. Field trips. Remember?” Seulgi jabbed her index finger slowly onto her friend’s shoulder which got swatted with a huff from Chaeyoung.

They went about the school hallway passing through some students who stopped to look at them and wave with a squeal. A few cute Junior girls caught Seulgi’s eyes when they stopped to greet her.

“Hey Chaeyoung. Hey Seulgi.” One girl played with her ed shirt and a tongue pocked out her lips wet.

“Ladies.” Seulgi gave a flirtatious smile and wanted to start a conversation with them but soon was pulled by Chaeyoung herself who shook her head.

“Focus, playgirl.”

“They were kinda cute weren’t they?”

Chaeyoung swung her arms around Seulgi’s neck and walked with her. An amused smile playing on her lips. It wasn’t that she disagreed, everyone is attractive in their own way. However, Chaeyoung’s definition of attractive now involves a certain Madam President.

So girls with a few ed shirts with intentions of seduction have no power over her anymore. Her mind is now Jennie this and Jennie that. It’s like she’s been bewitched! Chaeyoung just can’t get enough of her voice, her laughter, her smile, her touch – all of her! It’s addicting and it scares her because she’s one more step on revealing her feelings.

Chaeyoung likes Jennie.

Facts.

Undeniable.

Thing is, she’s reluctant. Chaeyoung’s a mess. She’s reckless and emotional and hardheaded. All traits that one is better off avoiding. She does whatever she wants, including breaking her promise with Jennie to not give in to Jongin’s provocations. Making Jennie worry and causing her to panic all the worse. It’s like putting someone in emotional stress and Chaeyoung really doesn’t want to be the sole reason Jennie’s traumatized for the rest of her school year.

She can’t stop, Chaeyoung just can’t. She blows a fuse when one messes with her or her friends and more when it comes to Jennie. Like a ticking time bomb.

And then we have another problem where Jennie practically has a huge crush on someone Chaeyoung has no clue of. ing ! Never in her life she had to go through this yearning gay that she thought only happened in movies but here it’s happening. Dumb !

Damn she never thought she curses that much.

“Come with me.”

“No.”

“Please.”

“Shut up. Chae – Miss Hwang is ing scary and I do not want to get hit by a flying textbook.”

“Seul, the others are all joining. Amber, Jin, Namjoon, Jungkookie –“

“The – did you bribe Kook?”

“With Chocolate Milkshakes. The rest just agreed.”

“Weaklings. Fallen into a devil’s persuasion.” Shaking her head disappointingly.

 “Yeah and if you don’t go then you’ll be a  - a loser, a loner, a – a – a noob sitting at the cafeteria table without us.” Chaeyoung whispered almost seriously that it seemed ridiculous.

“I won’t be looking like all those things because I’m a badass and I’m resilient like a ing octopus so no thanks.” She argued back in a harsh whisper. A nerdy girl with glasses that looked like she’ll be the one to ask if there were any homework for them to do, glared at them for disrupting her focus.

“Focus upfront, Becky.” Seulgi narrowed her eyes at the girl who rolled hers and huffed.

“Octopuses can fall prey to a predator too you know.”

As they kept arguing, a chalk duster flew across the class hurling towards Seulgi’s head but Chaeyoung’s instinct kicked in and grabbed it mid-air which earned a few Oohs and Aahs.

“.”

“That was close.”

They looked at the duster in Chaeyoung’s grip and then panned upfront. A very angry and very pissed Miss Hwang was already pointing to the exit.

“Park and Kang. Stand outside now with a book above your heads till the session ends.” She said through gritted teeth.

“Yes, ma’am.” They put their heads down and bowed multiple times as they carried their books out. Chaeyoung stopped in her tracks and reversed back toward Miss Hwang who raised an eyebrow at her.

“The duster, ma’am.”

The woman took the object with a tired sigh, “Now out.”

The class snickered at the Rebel leader who scrammed out following Seulgi.

-

-

“Miss Hwang is hot when she’s angry though.”

“Gross, she’s 10 years our age.”

“Your point? And you got us kicked out of class. You happy now?” Seulgi chuckled.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault.”  

“Aigo, it’s alright. This time, tell me the truth. I’m your best friend and I know you too well for the reason to only be ‘it’s our last year.’”

It’s been 15 minutes of them standing with a book held high and their arms are starting to cramp now.

There was a momentary pause as Chaeyoung searched for words. How do you put it into words without sounding like a total simp?

“Jennie invited… us.”

“Us or just you?”

“Just me…”

Seulgi sighed. One thing about being friends for years is that you understand instantly what your friend’s purpose or intentions are. Including little bits of information like this and you already get the whole context.

“And you want us to come with you because you don’t want to look like you’re willing to come just for her?”

“Ding Ding.”

“You know some day you’ll have to tell her your feelings. You can’t keep doing this to yourself.”

“I’m not good enough for her.”

“You say that but you’re not doing your part of distancing yourself, your entertaining your feelings with her presence and it’s unhealthy, Chae.” Seulgi looked at her sympathetically. “It’s either you tell her or continue on with this charade of platonic relationship you got going.”

Deep down Chaeyoung kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter