walking you home.

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They laughed at something Lisa had said, apparently Mr. Jin Yong  has been going to Yoga every Wednesday night and Lisa caught him. Thinking of blackmailing him the next time he ever tortures them with more cardio.

“Bye Jennie!” the dancer waved but stopped when Jennie didn’t budge from her spot. “You waiting for someone?”

Jennie pursed her lips with eyebrows raised. “Mmm? Um.. yeah. Chaeyoung said she’ll come find me one classes were over.” Nodding with a shy smile. Lisa held a smirk, “You two are always attached by the hip, sure you both are just friends?” squinting her eyes hoping to get anything out of the student body president.

 “Yes Lisa, we’re just friends and nothing more.” Her cheeks turned rosy. “We’re nothing… nothing like what all of you are thinking.”

“Keep telling yourself that and you’ll be the next Pinocchio.” She said as she walked away. Jennie could only chuckle with a shake of her head.

Jennie waited against a locker beside the classroom for about 10 minutes and let out a huff.

“Where are you?” she said under her breath.

She looked around the hallways as people resided, exiting the school to call it a day. However, no sign of the blonde anywhere. She frowned and got a bit anxious thinking what if she was in another brawl with those jocks? She shook of the feeling and fast walked to the parking lot to find no Rebel bikes parked out.

She couldn’t have gone alone but you’ll never know with Chaeyoung because of how stubborn she is. She pinky promised Jennie to never ever go alone with these kinds of things and to at least bring her friends with her.

Walking around back towards the school field. She stood at the bleachers and looked around and her heart did a little jump when her eyes landed on a familiar figure. Her lips twitched into a tiny smile as she stepped down the stairs that led to Chaeyoung.

Calling out to her, the blonde didn’t respond and so she observed her properly and saw that the blonde was wearing her earphones and was quietly humming to a familiar tone as she sketched away in her notebook. Jennie had never seen her drawings because the other gets too sensitive when Jennie asks her to show them.

Jennie had a mischief plan to scare Chaeyoung, walking carefully behind the girl. She slowly hovered her hands and quickly grabbed at Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

“BAH!”

Chaeyoung jerked in surprise and shut her notebook quickly and put it away from Jennie’s view with a smile of relief. Jennie on the other hand was having a fit at her victorious attempt at scaring her fearless friend.

“I got you!” giggling uncontrollably.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes with a side smile and huffed before pulling at Jennie’s hand that was pointing at her face  causing Jennie to fall on her lap. The black haired girl yelped but continued to laugh as she wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung like it was the most casual thing to do.

“No, You didn’t.”

“Yes I did, just admit it.” her laughter died out as she caressed the nape of Chaeyoung’s neck. Looking at the dumpling cheek girl or one would say that she’s admiring her beautiful features but Jennie doesn’t have to know that.

“Just a little.”

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Anyways what were you doing? Classes ended over 20 minutes ago.”

Chaeyoung’s expression turned surprised and looked at her wrist watch and Jennie was right. “Shoot. I’m sorry, I was out here after my class and thought I’d draw to kill the time. Didn’t hear the bell with these on.” She waved one earbud and Jennie took it to plug it in her ear.

“It’s fine. Let’s see what you were listening to.”

Jennie’s smile turned wider at what she’s listening.

“This song.”

Chaeyoung looked away, as Jennie got off of her to sit beside her.

“The song.” Looking down with a defeated smile.

“Sometimes I like to remember the first time we went roller skating. It makes me smile.” Leaning back against the bleachers to look at Jennie’s side.

“Because of the couple of times you fell?” Jennie inched her face teasingly, Chaeyoung scoffed and flicked the girls nose lightly. “That, and the way you laughed.”

“Ohhh is it because my laugh sounded beautiful?” she smugly stated but Chaeyoung fired back. “Yeah like a crow’s cawing.” Smirking at Jennie and the girl pouted. “Meany.”

Chaeyoung shook her head and grabbed at Jennie’s bag, slinging it on one shoulder with her bag on the other. “Come on. It’s getting late. Your dad’s going to kill me if he sees you coming home late.” Grabbing at Jennie’s hands as they made their way out of the school field.

“At least he likes you. He doesn’t show it but he’ll ask about you from time to time.” Jennie admitted. They walked at the sidewalk heading towards their neighbourhood. The sky turned to an orange hue that covered the whole area beautifully. Jennie had been trying to get the taller to give her bag because there’s an Ahjumma who lives down the road that always teases that they look like a couple. But Chaeyoung was still persistent on carrying it for her.

“Then why is he always so firm with me when I come for dinner?” Giving Jennie her lopsided smile.

“It’s because his not fond of the idea of her daughter ever getting on your bike, but he’s impressed with your grades when I told him.”

This made Chaeyoung stopped and looked at Jennie funnily. “So he doesn’t know that you’ve been on it a couple of times?” Jennie turned pale and shook her head, “Oh no. Do not ever tell him that. He’ll ground me for two months and I need to be able to the bookstore every chance I get.”

Chaeyoung tilt her head back and laughed. “Okay, Nerd.”

The taller girl continued walking and Jennie caught up to her and punched her arm. “Hello? You’re just as much of a nerd as I am.”

“One, ow that was hard. Two, at least I don’t look the part.” She smirked as Jennie fumed.

“I hate you.”

“You love me.” Chaeyoung stopped and turned around.

Jennie glared at her but she smiled and raised her eyebrow expectantly. Huffing with a roll of her eyes she grumbled and stomped her feet avoiding her friend.

“Hey, hey, hey. I was just kidding. You don’t look like a nerd.” Chaeyoung grabbed at Jennie’s waist but the girl whined and tried to escape from her grasp. Putting her chin on Jennie’s shoulder, the girl fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter