really? again?

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wha – What happened to you?!”  Her bloodied face worried me as i pulled her in. She winced trying to get through the window and i automatically winced as well. We stumbled through the dark as we made our way to my bathroom.

Flicking on the light switch, I had a better look at her face. A mixture of black and bluish bruises, busted lip and a bloody nose. She went to sit on the closed lid toilet as I rummaged through mirror cabinet for some medicine to fix her up.

“It’s only been a few hours since we saw each other and you already got mixed up with some bad again!” I nagged at her, tired laced in my tone and it’s obvious by the way she stayed silent watching me.

“I told you a million times to stop picking fights with those jocks but here we are again having this conversation!” Stomping my foot as I stood infront of her.

“I’m sorry.”

I wanted to shout at her again, so badly but the way she looked up at me with guilt made me melt. Pursing my lips, I let out a heavy sigh. Park Chaeyoung, my best friend, our infamous  neighbourhood bad girl is sitting on my bedroom toilet, bruised and bloody is somewhat of habit or a routine. I dabbed the cotton onto her busted lip and she hissed.

“OW! Jennie, can you please be gentle.”

“Oh be quiet you big baby. You deserve this really –“ I continued to dab on it aggressively with her crying out loud. “For. Not. Listening. To. Me.” Saying it through gritted teeth.

“Ow. Owwwww. OWWW.” Her large hands grabbed at my wrist gently, stopping me from my aggressive attacks. She’s always so gentle when she’s with me, I think… she’s only ever been like this to.. only me.

Imagine, the school bad girl has a soft spot for the school’s very own student body president.

She caressed my hand and looked down, pulling me softly until her head rested on my chest. She smelled like rain. Well the weather forecast did say it was going to rain.

“I’m sorry. I- I know I said –“

“You promised.” I cut her shortly.

“Yeah that. Sorry, I promised that I would stop fighting them but you know how they are. They keep talking about you again. Especially Kim Jong- tard.”  I can feel her body tensed from the anger inside of her so I quickly ran my hands through her hair to calm her down and she breathed in and out slowly.

“He said those things again. Like how ing hot and how he’d bang you – I couldn’t let him continue to say like that about my best friend.  And you’re going to stop me?”

“God –Chaeyoung, yes! If it means it keeps you from getting harmed then who the cares about Kim Jongin’s of a mouth –“

“I DO. I CARE.” She stood up abruptly and smacked the mirror cabinet close hard, I flinched at the sound it produced.  Wrapping my arms around myself as I frowned at her but then slowly my eyes softened again. She was breathing hard looking down at me and grumbled out loud, sitting down again on the toilet lid, Chaeyoung’s leather jacket made noises as she moved.

She’s always been a softy under all that hard exterior, the front that I know is just to keep everyone else away but shows her true self when it comes to me. We were complete strangers before this, we had our own cliques as I was the one who stuck with people who cared about school and how to keep a perfect imagine. While Chaeyoung hanged around the troublemakers a lot, I used to think that they’re a bunch of thick heads but really they mean no harm. They’re just childish people that people perceive them as these gangsters just because they wore leather jackets in groups.

I melted even more when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter