ninth

letters to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hi,

 

you know when you're about to fall asleep, or maybe you're already asleep and not necessarily aware if you're dreaming or the whole thing is a dream, and you suddenly feel a jolt that you feel like falling? then you wake up thinking that you indeed fell off a surface or over the edge, but you're still on the same position? i've had those dreams over the last month for about 4 times now. i don't know why. it's weird.

 

since i haven't been doing much lately, i had the time to look up what it means or what is it about. it is called a "Hypnic Jerk" also known as "sleep start". apparently, it's normal.

there are some theories about why our bodies do it, but the most interesting one to me is the one that is certainly the most childish and the least probable. it's the one about angels dropping you when you sleep. 

 

you're either intrigued by this one as much as i was when i first read it, or you're baffled because after all this time, i'm still childish and immature and that i never learn, or perhaps, you're just getting bored of all my storytelling- which i certainly know i at, but let me continue anyway.

 

so angels drop you when you sleep. clumsy angels. imagine, our bodies relax when we are about to fall asleep, making our heart rate slower and slower, then all of a sudden, you felt a jolt, then you're awake now. i read that when our muscles relax too much, sometimes the brain mistakes it as us dying. so in a way, angels dropping us is actually them saving us. weird, right? what i'm saying is most probably not accurate at all, but hey, when did i ever say something in these letters that actually made sense? that's right- never. 

 

anyway, i was just thinking about how i chose the angel dropping us theory to share with you because like, you know, i've always considered you as one. an angel. and yes, you're pretty clumsy too. maybe that's why i'm so invested with it. not to mention, you also dropped me. kidding! let's not talk about that.

 

how are you? of course, you're not gonna answer, i know, but how are you? i hope you stop for a second and ask yourself how hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter