tenth

letters to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

hi,

 

okay, three things. i'll start.

 

one: 

i have yet to meet my new neighbor. they have moved in a week ago and i have never laid my eyes on them. not that i care or anything, but it's basic courtesy to at least greet them. not their fault though. i wasn't home.

 

two:

eunbi unnie and chaeyeon unnie are getting closer. again. i know my mind can get a little fuzzy at times and i almost always end up daydreaming, making scenarios in my head that will never happen in real life, but this one is real. it's not just my mind playing tricks on me or me making up. i saw it.

the lingering glances, the knowing smiles, the subtle touches, it was all there. i felt it- the yearning. gosh! they've held it in for so long! 

 

at first, i thought it was just me. i thought i was the only one who noticed until i met eyes with hyewon unnie. then i remembered she's the most receptive among all of us. yes, she doesn't say much, but she's well aware of everything. 

we saw how eunbi unnie would slightly lean towards chaeyeon unnie, making their bodies touch even just for a millisecond. and the smile that comes after. how chaeyeon unnie would stand next to the older when we're about to gather or just whenever she gets the chance. how their respective smiles look like each other's. it's like they were looking at their own reflections and i they both know it. did we look like that? we probably did, right?

 

three: 

we went on a vacation. that explains why i haven't met my neighbor and why i know eunbi and chaeyeon unnie are slowly going back to how they were before. 

hyewon uunie planned it. i missed a few classes, it was worth it though. i never realised how necessary that break was.

you'd think i've been having nothing but breaks this whole year since i never really did anything productive other than write you letters (yes, i do consider this as a productive activity) and nothing else. however, the past year has been filled with self-loathing and stress and crying and more self-loathing. this past week is definitely the most peaceful week i've had in a year. it was nice. too nice, honestly. i almost didn't want to go back.

 

don't judge me, but i don't exactly know where it was. i forgot. either that or i just didn't care. one thing i know for sure is that it was nice. too nice, even. it was by the beach and it was beautiful.

we rented a villa with 3 rooms. yena unnie and yuri unnie shared a room. i roomed with hyewon unnie and nako unnie. and you know how eunbi unnie and chaeyeon unnie ended up. hyewon unnie knew what she was doing. the villa was quite spacious, which probably costed a lot, but you know hyewon unnie anyway. 


we ate a lot, we played, we rode a boat, we drank (not to enough to get wasted, but just enough to let loose) and we talked. it was really nice. and i wish we could do it more.

 

i got sunburn, well, we all did. hyewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter