seventh

letters to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hi,

 

happy new year! 

 

it's a new year, can you believe that? time does fly fast, but at the same time it's steady. or is it just me who is lagging? anyway, how did your holidays go? i hope they went well and that peace and joy will come your way. aside from me who is bugging you with my letters once a month, i think hoping such things would be kind of ironic, huh. i keep on annoying you after all. still, i hope for peace and joy to come your way! yes, i'm redundant like that.

 

my holidays were better that what i had initially thought they would be. i spent Christmas with our friends! i was initially planning on not doing anything and just sleep it off, but chaeyeon unnie and eunbi unnie had came over at noon and brought tons of food. what a coincidence they came together. yes, they didn't plan things out. eunbi unnie came at least 10 minutes after chaeyeon unnie did. funny how the universe works. 

 

i'm thankful it wasn't awkward as i thought it was going to be. they're still friends, after all. they still talk like how they used to talk. i wonder why we can't do the same. 

 

aside from foods, they also brought me gifts! i felt sorry because i couldn't do the same. i did not give them anything, i didn't know they would come. i know i should have gotten them at least something, but i did not have the time to buy anything. well, that was a lie because we both know all too well that that if there is anything i have, it would be plenty of time. i think i'm turning into a bad friend.

 

i offered to treat them somewhere and do something, but they told me they're fine and it's okay. "seeing you here is enough," chaeyeon unnie said to me. and i cried, so did eunbi unnie. honestly, who does that??? i wasn't expecting to cry that day, but it certainly felt nice. just about a month ago, i made her upset because i was being difficult and she wants me to get at least a tad bit better, and the next thing i know, she's bringing me food, brought me a gift, and spending Christmas with me. i couldn't even apologise and yet she has already forgiven me. chaeyeon unnie is such a blessing, i'm so thankful she's in my life.

 

same goes to eunbi unnie. she never fails to check up on me despite how busy her life gets. always sharing her stories with me, making me smile with her silly antics, treating me like a real family. i'm so thankful.

 

i'm grateful i have such people in my life despite how badly i screw up. how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter