Who am I?

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(171129 ICN)

 

 

 

 

Seulgi had never seen such a perfect human being in her life.

The woman was probably slightly shorter than Seulgi, but she made up for it with presence. This alluring aura surrounded her, something that Seulgi couldn't find words to describe. It just... commanded attention. Her hair was medium length, and draped gracefully down her shoulders. She had donned a black top with a wool blazer, giving Seulgi a V-shaped view of her milky white, flawless skin. She also wore black pants and carried a grey handbag, which just seemed to make the hint of red on her lips stand out more and more. 

But the most captivating of all was her eyes. They were a solid shade of dark brown, and seemed to sparkle at every direction they faced.

Seulgi found herself lost in her gaze, as she stared deeper and deeper into those bottomless eyes. She was starting to lose herself...

Yeppuda...

How can someone be so... pretty...

 

Maybe someday..  I can...

Ahh....

 

 

 

'Hello Ms. Bae' Joy said gracefully, quickly standing up.

Seulgi blinked, as the words pierced her ears, and she drifted back to reality. 

The woman gave a nod.

'This...' , Joy said, urgently ushering Seulgi to stand with her eyes, 'is Ms. Bae.'

'Huh? O-oh!' Seulgi managed. Fumbling her bag, she quickly stood up and gave a nod.

'Ms. Bae.'

'I see there's no one outside. Is she the model you want?' The woman asked.

Joy nodded. She didn't seem to be thinking.

Seulgi felt a set of eyes roam over her body.

The woman gave a nod of approval.

'Tell her to meet me downstairs.'

'Alright Ire-...'

The woman gave a glare.

'Ms- um... Bae...'

The woman left without a word.

 

'So!....' Joy said, sitting down back in her chair, Seulgi following her.

'When are you able to start work?'

Seulgi blinked.

Jinja? I passed?

Is this how all big companies operate? Just hire on the spot?

'Whenever you need me.' Seulgi replied, regaining her confidence.

Joy nodded.

'That whenever starts now then.'

She pulled out a stack of papers from her drawer, which she placed on her desk with a thud.

'Do you need anytime to read through this?' She asked demandingly.

'N-no..'

'Great!'

She flipped to the last page, and slid over a pen.

'Sign here please.'

Seulgi was at a set of crossroads. Obviously, she wanted the job. But she had no idea what she was getting herself into.

'Can I.. um... ask a few questions first?'

'Sure!'

'I'm being hired... as a bodyguard right...? '

Joy nodded with a smile. 

An over-exaggerated smile.

'Good... because I think I heard Ms. Bae say 'model' just now...? '

'Oh no no!' Sooyoung said dismissively, suddenly waving her hand. 'Pay no attention to that.'

'Ug-.... huh?'

'You're not going to be a model.'

'Ah.... are you su-'

Joy reached over, and flipped back to the first page.

'See? Bodyguard contract.'

Seulgi nodded slowly. There was no denying this.

'One other thing.... the pa-'

'Is triple the standard rate.' Joy finished.

How the hell did she read my mind.

I guess... there's a reason she's in her position.

'O-kay then... I guess....'

Still hesitantly, Seulgi flipped back to the last page, and filled out her signature.

Kang Seulgi~

'Great!' Sooyoung exclaimed, almost sounding more relieved than congratulatory.

She stuck out her hand again.

'Welcome to Esquire.'

Seulgi accepted again with a smile.

'You won't regret your decision. 

That sounds... a bit....

'Right!' Joy contiuned, not giving a chance for Seulgi to speak. Ms. Bae is waiting downstairs in the carpark for you. She needs your... ah...'

'....? '

'Services as a bodyguard.'

Seulgi nodded slowly, uneasiness building up in her once again. 

'Go straight to the lift, and go right to the bottom. Ms. Bae will be waiting for you.' 

'Than-k you.. for your time.' Seulgi managed, leaving.

'No, thank you.' 

Her mind still pondering, Seulgi left the room, and made her way to the lift.

 

 

 

The lift doors rumbled open, and Seulgi found herself standing in a parking lot.

That same Ms. Bae was standing next to a white

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter