Afternoon Tea

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(160812 GMP)

 

 

 

 

 

 

As expected, Seulgi had no sense or whatever in choosing office clothing. Wendy started slow, introducing the concept that jeans and hoodies were not the only types of outerwear in this world. She walked Seulgi through the large store, pointing out what went well with what; what was versatile and could be worn easily. Slowly but eventually, Seulgi got the hang of how to dress appropriately, which was when Wendy let her roam free around the store, and pick out a few outfits to her liking. 

Seulgi managed to pick up a small collection of stylish pieces ranging from bold to neutral colours, with which she could piece together many outfits with. However stubbornly, Joy insisted on Seulgi picking out an outfit to leave in. After a bit of bickering, this evolved into Joy reconmending clothes to Seulgi herself, with Wendy and Seulgi powerless to do anything about it.

In the end, Joy ended up choosing the entire outfit. 

Being the assistant of a ceo in a fashion company, Joy did have a certain degree of fashion sense. Having taken a quick glance at the pile of clothes Seulgi had picked out, she pulled out a fresh white shirt, followed by a small yellow skirt from the racks. Seulgi was skeptical at the bold colour at first, but eventually gave in, and tried the combination on.

 

'Are you sure.... this will work on me?' She said, pulling open the curtain and stepping out of the changing room. 

'Yahh.... not bad!' Joy applauded.

'Are you... sure?' Seulgi spluttered, looking at herself in the mirror.

'Yes! I'm sure!' Joy said confidently.

'I'm so not used to this...'

'You will in no time...'

'Re-eally...?' Seulgi said, still skeptical. She turned left and right, checking herself out.

'Relax Seulgi.' Wendy said calmly. 'You look great.'

'Thanks Wendy...'

'No one will think you're weird. Trust me okay sweetie?'

'Alright then..'Seulgi said with a smile. 'I'll give it a try.'

'Yah.' Joy suddenly blurted. 

'...?'

'Why don't you believe me when I say it... but you trust Wendy!' 

Wendy put on a smug face.

Seulgi on the other hand gave cheeky smile.

'She is a stylist after all...' 

'And i'm the assistant of the ceo of a fashion company!'

'Ah....'

'Plus, you're wearing an outfit that I picked out!' 

'Well she isn't wrong...' Wendy interjected, supporting Joy out of the blue.

'I-...' 

Seulgi was speechless, facing a tall Joy who was putting on a mocking pout.

'...'

'...'

'...'

Ah here we go again Seulgi...

The girl took a deep breath.

'Do-on't be mad... Joy-shi....' 

'AWWww come on!!!'  Wendy and Joy squealed, covering their eyes and turning away.

'Ya-ah... Joy-ah...'

'Fine!' Joy exclaimed, turning back around with her hands on her hips.

'I'm not mad anymore.'

'And I promise to listen to you more.' Seulgi promised earnestly.  

'Yes yes everyone knows you're the best.' Joy said, rolling her eyes. 'And get your stuff. We're leaving.'

 

With Seulgi back in the changing room again, Wendy quickly took the opportunity to exchange a few words.

'You do know that you picked out a skirt for a bodyguard to wear right.'

Joy nodded.

'Which is like, completely the appropriate and suitable attire.'

'You know why I picked that out.' Joy replied, rolling her eyes. 'We're trying to impress Ms. ceo here.' 

'I can see why Irene took her out to dinner,' She started.

'You mean why Irene likes her?' 

'Once again you don't have proof of that but...'

'But?'

'This might actually work...' Wendy finally admitted.

'I know right!' 

'Y-yea...'

'Just imagine. Bae Joohyun dating someone.'

'That would be quite the spectacle...'

'I thought she'd just end up marrying herself.'

'Huh?'

'Since no one's good enough for her.'

Wendy gave a laugh.

'Unless Seulgi has something to say about it.'

 

 

After a short while, still wearing the shirt and skirt, Seulgi came waddling out of the changing room, barely being able to hold the pile of clothes in her hand. They headed over to the counter, where Wendy started to scan the clothes, with the rest of the store staff looking at the three, completely baffled.

doot went the scanner.

'Joy ah... ' Seulgi suddenly stammered.

'Hmmm?'

'Are you really... going to pay for all of this?'

'Of course not.'

'...'

doot

'...'

'...'

whut

I'm still in debt you know...

'Why would I pay for all of this !?' Joy said, almost offended. 

'...'

'...'

Seulgi's eyes bulged as her mind slowly worked things out.

'Does that mean...' 

'Hmm?'

doot

'I'm goinG TO HAVE TO PA-'

'Bah~ Don't worry.'

Joy pulled out a black card from her purse.

'Your boss is.'

'What's that...? ' Seulgi asked.

'Company card. Basically if I have to buy clothes for shoots, or take clients out or whatever.... this takes care of the lot.'

'Then.... why is Ms. Bae paying?'

'Becasue she owns the damn place.'

'R-ight right...'

doot

'Are you... allowed to use the card like that?'

Joy shrugged.

'Guess we'll find out.'

'WHAT YOU'RE NOT SUR-'

'Do you trust me or not?'

doot

'Well I do but...'

'We'll be fine.' Joy said dismissively, swiping the card on the machine.

Seulgi looked at Wendy for help, a worried expression painted on her face.

'Don't look at me, I don't work there.'

'...'

'C'mon Seulgi,' Joy said, handing Seulg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter