Day One

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(180320 ICN)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There is no way this looks right...

Or makes sense in any way... 

Seulgi thought to herself, standing in front of her apartment. Before moving to Seoul, she had searched for the cheapest place to live. What came up was a five-story building, in the suburbs of Seoul. While the rent was definitely cheap, there was no hiding the age of the building. The walls were dusty and old, and the paint was chipping off here and there. Old style atennas still stuck out on the roof.

And right there, in the middle of the open parking lot in front of the seemingly prehistoric building, was her boss's white Bmw. Complete with it's silver rims and long wheelbase.

Seulgi shook her head.

The neighbours must think i'm crazy for living here but being able to drive a car like this...

Pushing the thought out of her head, the girl climbed into the car.

 

Seulgi sighed as she got into the driver's seat and strapped herself in. Despite her twenty three years of age, she still hadn't sat in anything that came close to the comfort of the heavily-padded seats. The cushioning was thick and the leather was smooth, and seemed to support her back in all the right places. And right now, early in the morning, the seats seemed even more inviting than her own bed, dragging her deeper, and deeper...

 

Seulgi suddenly snapped, jerking her head forwards. She blinked rapidly, looking around, dazed.

Ah jinja it's too early in the morning...

And I have to do this everyday...? Ah...

....

What have I signed myself up to?

With her muscles still aching in protest, she switched the ignition key, and the car growled to life.

Yah... the engine in this thing must be massive...

I can't believe I said her car wasn't good enough yesterday night... 

She stepped on the gas pedal, and went to pick up her boss.

 

 

 

Oh...

I remember now...

This is the exact reason why I signed up...

 

Seulgi had been waiting for her boss since six forty five, with the car parked right at her doorstep. As the doors to the building opened, Seulgi remembered why she had so desperately tried to keep her job yesterday.

Irene had no particular schedules today, only a regular day at the office. As a result, she had also dressed accordingly. She had her black hair worn down, the usual way she liked it in. The smooth black hair reflected the warm morning sun, giving it a beautiful shine. A light-grey checkered blazer was layered over a white t-shirt, just enough to keep her warm. A pair of medium-blue jeans hugged her legs, in perfect harmony with the white sneakers under her skinny ankles.

The look was dressed up, yet relaxed. Chic, yet elegant. 

Easily enough to make anyone stare.

Including Seulgi.

'Good morning Ms. Bae.' Seulgi said, leaning on the bonnet of the car. She quickly stood up, and proceeded to open the back door.

Joohyun made her way to the car, but stopped aruptly, almost if something was in the way.

'Ms... Bae?' 

'Seulgi ah.'

'Yes...?'

'What on earth are you wearing...'

'...?'

Seulgi looked down at what she was wearing. A tattered Levi's t-shirt. A pair of wide jeans, followed by a pair of mustard-yellow high tops. Her hair was tied into a messy bun.

'You're dressed like you're going downstairs for some food in the middle of the night.'

Well... she isn't wrong...

'And didn't I tell you to wear a suit?'

'I-... uh...'

Oh I forgot... it's way too early for this...

'I'm sorry Ms. Bae. I.. don't have one...'

'You looked fine yesterday...'

'Those... were my best clothes.'

'That's fine, that's fine...' Irene said dismissively, getting into the car.

Almost gulping, Seulgi closed the door gently, and quickly walked around to the driver's seat. She strapped herself in, and started the car.

'To the office, Ms. Bae?'

'Hmm....' 

'...'

'...'

'...'

Everything seems so different... she was really friendly last night...

Is it because she just woke up?

Or is she usually like this...

Should I say something...? Or leave her be...? 

She snuck a look a look in the rear view mirror. Irene was already hard at work, reading a couple of documents she had with her.

'M-ms Bae,' Seulgi stammered.

'Yes?' Irene replied curtly without looking up.

'Did you sleep well last night?'

'I slept fine.'

'Oh...'

'...'

'...'

'Have you um... had breakfast yet?'

'No time.' 

'Oh....'

'...'

'...'

'...'

'Is that how you keep such a great figure?'

 

Bae Joohyun looked up. 

This girl.... is so bold.... 

'AH-ah I didn't mean to judge... Ms. Bae...'

'...'

'You just seem like a um...'

'..'

'A really healthy person. That's all...'

Aish i'm so tired I barely got any sleep last night... and I hate reading in the car...

Maybe i'll let her humor me for a bit.

Just a bit...

 

 

'You think I have a great figure?' Irene asked, placing the files to her side and leaning forwards.

Seulgi snuck another quick look in the mirror.

Ah ...

'Ye-yea...!'

'How so?' Joohyun asked.

'Your body is like... ah...'

'...?'

'Um...'

'Really what...?'

'Healthy...' Was all Seulgi managed.

'What do you like the most?'

'We-ell...'

'Hmmm...?'

'Like your... umm....'

'My what?

'ughh...'

'...?'

'...'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter