Getting Dressed

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(180327 GMP)

Probably my favourite Seulgi look.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a tough decision for Joy. 

 

It was a tough position to be put into, too. Technically, she could distribute salary early. There were rules in Aspire's rulebook that allowed this. The company had special arrangements for early distribution of salary, the usual reasons being either medical emergencies or natural disasters, and as long as employees were bound by contracts, this was allowed.

Seulgi's reason though... was clearly unorthodox. And just down right outrageous. There was no way in hell that anyone would approve something like that.

But Joy wasn't just anyone. Joy was a people's person. And as much as a professional she was, this was the first time Seulgi had ever come to her with such a request. It was shady, and it was risky, but Joy also felt the sincerity and distress behind Seulgi's voice.

In the end, she approved the request, having made Seulgi promise that she would come in for work tomorrow. 

 

 

Seulgi scampered lightly out of Joy's office, taking a deep breath as she sat down in her seat.

Jinja.... that was really nerve-wracking....

I really need to thank Joy after this is all over...

 

It didn't take long for an email to pop up on her screen. Seulgi smiled for a brief moment, perhaps from the satisfaction, of seeing a sudden rise in the amount in her bank account. It wasn't everyday your savings looked more like a telephone number than a bank account. 

Then she remembered, it was pretty much going to be empty again a few hours later.

 

Right.... that's the money down. What's next...?

Ah right... I've got to leave early.

So... Ms. Bae then.

 

The sense of achievement and relief that had washed over her from managing to come out of Joy's office alive was suddenly washed away, replaced by a feeling of dread and nervousness. Confronting the assistant of the ceo was one thing, confronting the ceo herself was a different matter.

 

*knock knock*

'Yes?'

'Ms. Bae... do you have a minute?' Seulgi asked, opening the door politely.

I'm guessing she doesn't. 

Being the incredible person she was, Irene was clearly hard at work. There was a monumental stack of folders on the side of her desk, and another stack on the opposing side, presumably the ones she had gone through. Her eyes were glued to the folder in front of her, as she intensely scanned the page from top to bottom.

'Sure Seulgi....' Irene said without looking up. 'How can I help you?'

'Ms. Bae. I um... I feel a headache swelling up inside me. And since you don't have any schedules tonight....'

'...'

'I was wondering if I could leave the office a bit early today?'

'...'

'...'

'...'

'I-if you're okay with it... that is.'

'Sure...' 

'Thank you Ms. Bae.'

'...'

'...'

'...'

Irene was still reading.

'A-and the car? Should I leave it here...?' Seulgi tried.

'That'd be fine...', Irene replied in monotone, flipping the page.

'...'

'...'

'...'

The ceo was clearly not paying attention.

That's my cue to leave I guess...

'Thanks for understanding Ms. Bae.' Seulgi said with a polite nod, not knowing whether or not the woman in front of her would notice. 'And sorry for the intrusion... I-I'll see you tomorrow morning then...' She finished, proceeding to step out. 

Her hands reached for the doorkno- 

'W-wait.' Irene suddenly interjected.

Seulgi turned around, nervous. A small part of her was glad, that her ceo was actually giving her attention.

The other part though, just wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Irene finally diverted her gaze from the documents in front of her, her hair behind her ear and looking up.

Dang she's prett-.... n-not the time nor place Seulgi!

'You said you weren't feeling well?'

'Yeah... It's nothing serious!'

'What's wrong?'

So she wasn't listening just now...

'Just a minor headache.'

'If it was such a minor one you wouldn't have to take leave now would you?' Irene said caringly.

Seulgi gave an embarrassed laugh, scratching the back of her forehead.

'Do you need tomorrow morning off as well?'

Seulgi blinked, surprised.

wow... I didn't expect... that.

A pang of guilt struck her though, as the idea of taking a morning off when there was actually nothing wrong with her popped into her head.

'I- I think I'll be fine after I get some sleep...'

'Alright then. Get some good rest alright? And drink plenty of water.'

'Thanks Ms. Bae.... you get some good rest too! Seeing you're so busy and all.'

'Look at you~, worrying at me even though you're clearly in worse shape than me.' Irene said with a smile. 'Call me if you need anything okay?'

'Will do Ms. Bae!'

'You can call if even if you don't need anything.'

Seulgi blushed.

'I-....'

'Just kidding.' Irene laughed. 'Just head out when you feel like it.'

Seulgi gave one last embarrassed smile before leaving the room, almost scampering out.

Watching her bodyguard leave, a frown formed on Irene's face.

Usually when she cracked a joke, Seulgi would laugh with her, or throw something back at her. 

Not leave awkwardly without saying anything.

Is something wrong with her? 

Meh. Maybe it's just her headache.

With a shrug, the ceo turned back to the pile of work waiting for her, convinced she was overthinking things.

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi took a few deep breaths after returning to her seat. She had never in her life, been this nervous when talking to Irene. Perhaps it was beause she was lying about her headache. She had never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter