Iced Chocolate

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(181019 ICN)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*knock knock*

'Ms. Bae?' Joy said politely, sticking her head into Irene's office.

'Come in.' Irene replied without looking up.

 

After the slightly long shopping trip and coffee break, Joy had Seulgi take them back to the office, and for some reason she seemed especially desperate to get back. Upon arrival, she marched Seulgi straight to the top floor, and had her wait outside of Irene's office.

 

'So Ms. Ba-'

'Park Sooyoung.'

'...'

'...' 

For anyone else, having Bae Joohyun speak to you in such a tone was the equal of certain death. Since you did not want to disappoint Bae Joohyun; there was simply no viable reason to. Who wouldn't want to see her smile. However, for Joy, Irene was her closest friend, and she paid little attention to these things. 

'What now...' Joy said with a groan.

'I told you to take her shopping.'

'Which I did.'

'Buying a suit doesn't take up a whole afternoon.'

'That's because...' Joy said sweetly, bringing up the ice chocolate and sliding it over Irene's desk. 'We had to get you this!'

The ceo stared blankly at the cold drink sitting in front of her, which had incidently left a trail of water across her desk. 

'Buying a suit and an iced chocolate doesn't take up a whole afternoon.'

'Now that's! Because...' Joy contiuned, 'We had to do this!' 

With that, she tiptoed back out, and ushered in a confused Seulgi.

'What d'yah think?' 

Seulgi stood shyly in front of Irene, still wearing the bright yellow skirt and white dress-shirt. And to Irene, it seemed like she was looking at an entirely different person. The messy bun that was on top of Seulgi's head was gone, and in it's place, Seulgi's smooth brown hair flowed freely down her shoulders. She had her hands behind her back, and her legs crossed, a slight smile on her face.

'...'

'...'

'So...?' Joy hammered. 'Isn't she pretty?'

'Where's the suit.'

'No but doesn't Seulgi look pretty?'

'I told you to get her a suit.'

'I know.' 

'This isn't a suit.'

'I already got her one! It's in the car, I promise.'

'Why isn't she wearing it then.'

'It's the first time she's been shopping! Let her live a little!'

'So she's going to start wearing it tomorrow?'

WhatshouldIdowhatshouldIdowhatshouldIdo

At this point, Seulgi's heart was pounding against her chest. She was stuck between two of the highest-ranking people in the company, bickering, and she had no idea whether or not she would make it out alive.

'Ms. Bae that's fi-'

However, she was cut short by a persistent Joy.

'Ms. Bae, with all due respect.' Joy said in an amusing tone. 'As an employee in a fashion company, she should at least have some degree of freedom when it comes to clothing.'

'She's a bodyguard.'

'Come on...! You know how boring it is to wear the same thing everyday.'

'...'

'...'

'Ms. Bae...' Seulgi tried again with a small voice. 'It's fi-'

'Why do you want her to wear a suit that badly anyways!' Joy suddenly errupted.

'C-close the door.' Irene mumbled.

Joy reached over closed it, giving the three some privacy. 

'Look here...' Irene said seriously, clapping her hands together.

Seulgi and Joy nodded. 

'Since yesterday she's been walking around in casual wear, and she's a bodyguard. Since when have we had bodyguards wear anything other than suits? Not to mention she's getting more pay than some of the editors out there. I can't let her have so many privileges, otherwise it's unfair to everyone else.'

'Then just give her some work to do! She's just sitting around outside when you're in here, she'll probably get bored anyways.'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter