Interview

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(180817 Music Bank)

 

 

 

Whoa.....

Seulgi thought to herself as her gaze traversed up the skyscraper looming in front of her. The sides of the building were all made from glass, reflecting the blue sky that surrounded it. It stretched almost fifty stories high, dwarfing the smaller buildings beside it.

 

Although both her parents had passed away when she was still at a very young age, her dad had left her with a massive debt accumulated from gambling. In an attempt to make a living for herself, Seulgi had decided to graduate early from university and take up jobs here and there, barely being able to clear the yearly payments that constantly loomed over her. She didn't really care for her university degree; she had no interest in the subject anyways. While not being particularly smart academically, Seulgi was unreasonably athletic. Her body didn't seem to take up any fat no matter how much she ate, and even without proper training, she always managed to place well in sporting events. This was probably due to the fact that in the short time that they shared, her father had been teaching her all sorts of martial arts. She had taken interest in the field, and had managed to become proficient in various fields ever since.

However, after two years of trying, Seulgi had grown tired of her lifestyle. She was getting nowhere, barely being able to pay her bills. One day, out of the blue, she had managed to spot a job advertisement for a bodyguard job. However, there was something special about this one.

The pay was almost triple that of what she was accustomed to.

It was for some sort of posh fashion company called Esquire.

At the time, Seulgi had snorted at the name. Sure, she had seen a couple magazines with that name written on the cover, but why did it matter? All she had to do was stand next to the client and make sure nothing went wrong. Easy.

Staring at the massive building in front of her, Seulgi was starting to get a taste of what she was about to get herself into.

Am I really going to work here....?

Looks... way out of my league....

 

Seulgi took a deep breath, and walked towards the entrance.

 

The lift lobby was just as impressive as the exterior of the building. It was at least three stories high, with tall marble walls giving it a very smooth finish. The giant chandelier that hung in the middle finished the look, providing a classy atmosphere. Still marvelling at her surroundings, she approached the help desk.

'Hi...' Seulgi managed.

'How can I help you?' The man at the front desk responded brightly. 

Seulgi blinked.

Way to be enthusiastic... you just sit at the front desk... 

'I'm here for the... job interview.'

Seulgi felt the man's gaze glide over her figure.

She cleared .

'A-Ah yes of course!' The man managed. 'Go to the elevators on the right, and get to the top floor. Someone will meet you there.

Seulgi gave a polite nod as she headed for the elevators, but that quickly turned into a frown.

Top floor? For a bodyguard interview...? 

Jin..ja?

She shrugged.

It wasn't her decision anyways.

 

Just like the rest of the building, the lift itself did not disappoint. It gave a clear view of the outside world, and was decked with screens and lights that hummed to life as Seulgi stepped in. 

This probably costs more than my apartment...

After what seemed like to be a way too short of a period of time, the lift reached it's destination. Seulgi stepped out, and there was already someone there to greet her.

'Hi! You are.... Kang Seul...gi?' A lady in a suit asked.

Seulgi nodded polit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter