Liability (Reprise)

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Liability (Reprise) 
OC [Minha] - 24 y/o  |  Aron - 27 y/o  |  Dabin [DPR LIVE] - 27 y/o

  

Liability: the state of being responsible for something

I was resting on the hospital bed with wires connected to all parts of me. The anesthesia was wearing off, and the pain was slowly kicking in. The doctors said that the surgery went well, and both my cousin and I were healing up just fine. There were tons of balloons in the room, along with a big stuffed bear and some 'get well' cards too. I heard a slight knock on the door, "Come in," I said. I knew it wasn't the doctor or nurses since they would just come in. 

I saw the girls walk in with a couple of flower bouquets, some fresh fruits, a water bottle, and more ballons. "Minha!" Yuji exclaimed as she ran to my side. The others followed pursuit, placing the flowers and food on the table beside the bed. 

"How are you feeling?" Haeyoung asked as she grabbed my hand. Yuji grabbed my other hand, rubbing it gently with her thumb. "Great, but the pain is slowly kicking in....." I responded. 

"Should we secretly drug you up with some more anesthesia?" Seoah joked. Although it was a joke, it did seem tempting. I was a huge baby when it came to pain, and I was not prepared for it.

"How long do you have to stay in the hosptial?" Miyoung asked? I shrugged in response. "They said that I was healing up just fine, so maybe soon." I told them. They just nodded their head in response. They settled down and brought some chairs beside the bed.  They were planning on staying until the doctors kicked them out, and I didn't mind so much. It was getting a bit lonely here, and I could use some good company to lift my spirits. 

"Who sent you that big bear?" Haeyoung asked. "Oh, Dabin sent it. He came to visit before my operation since he's in Guam right now." I told them. "Did he also give you that Jasmine and pink tulip bouquet too?" Yuji asked. I nodded my head in response. 

I was able to clear things up with him and he didn't hate my guts. I was thankful for him, for being who he has, understanding me, and for seeing me as me. 

It was the day before my operation. My family left a few minutes ago since visiting hours were almost over. My mom was going to eat dinner and come back to stay with me since one person was allowed to stay with me. 

I was by myself, trying to keep myself busy by reading a book. "Is it an interesting read?" Dabin asked as he entered the room. He came in with a flower bouquet and something wrapped. "I wonder what that could be?" I asked sarcastically. 

"Listen, I didn't have the time to find a big box and wrap it," he responded with a little chuckle. He handed me the wrapped item as he placed the bouquet down on the table across the room. I ripped through the wrapping paper and exposed the teddy bear that was hiding beneath. "Wow, a bear!" I exclaimed, trying to convince him that I was surprised. He scoffed as he shook his head. "No, but seriously, thank you. That was sweet of you. You didn't have to bring me a bear. The flower bouquet was good enoungh," I told him. I motioned over to the flower bouquet, wanting to have a better look at it. 

He brought it over to me. I noticed that it was filled with jasmines and baby pink tulips. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter