Supercut

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Supercut
OC [Miyoung] - 24 y/o & Yongguk - 30 y/o

   

"I'm just gonna go home," I told Yuji, as I got up from the couch. The others looked at me with a concerned expression. "Are you sure? You don't want to crash here for the night?" Seoah asked. I shook my head in response. I was a bit lethargic tonight and needed some time to myself. "Alright. Let me call Dongjun, so he could drop you off. It's pretty late and you shouldn't go out by yourself," Yuji told me as she picked up her phone.

 

 

"Have a good night Miyoung," Dongjun told me as he parked into of my apartment complex. "You too! And thanks for driving me home tonight," I told him as I was getting out the car. He smiled and shook his head, "No need to thank me."

I entered my apartment and was greeted by the dark and semi-messy living room. It was a makeshift bedroom and I wasn't in any kind of mood to clean it. It was cold and quiet, a far contrast from where I was ten minutes ago. I took my shoes off and placed my bag on the couch. I went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. My throat was killing me, and water was the only thing that seemed appealing. I grabbed one in the fridge and went straight to my room.

Everything was untouched like no one was living here for a while. The bed was made, shelves in order, and a light layer of dust forming on top of the drawers. I took my clothes off and changed into some comfy shorts and a crewneck sweatshirt. I went under the covers, hoping that I could get some sleep tonight. It's been a while since I laid down on my bed. I was too preoccupied sleeping on the couch for the past week that I forgot the comfort of my bed.

The ticking clock was the only thing I could hear. I closed my eyes, not wanting to stay awake. Not wanting to stare into the ceiling. Because every time I stayed awake and look up, all I could see are the supercuts. The visions never stop when my eyes are open, so I close them. I close them, hoping that the dark would drive me to sleep and keep my mind occupied from those supercuts.

 

 

I opened my eyes and saw the light shine through the window. I looked up at the clock on the wall. It was just about to turn nine. Not wanting to waste my day in bed, I got up and brushed my teeth. I hopped in the shower, wanting to feel clean and fresh for the day. As the water was coming down on my body, I brushed my fingers over the discolored skin on the side of my underarm. The pain was no longer there, but the bruise never left. My right hip and thigh were no different. After many years, the bruises of my childhood never left me.

I got out of the shower and changed into some decent clothes. I wasn't planning on going anywhere today, but I didn't want to continue wearing sweats. I wrapped my towel around my head as my hair was still wet from the shower. I walked over to my kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I scanned my inventory, trying to figure out what I could whip up for breakfast. I wasn't in the mood for a typical breakfast. Instead, I was craving something savory. I opened my freezer and grabbed the pack of frozen chicken nuggets. I also grabbed a packet of ramen, fully knowing that chicken nugget would not have kept me full for long.

As I was preparing my conventional breakfast, I heard my phone ring. I ran over to the living room to quickly grab it. "Hello?" I responded without looking at the caller ID. "Miyoung!" my mom called out over the phone. "Oh, mom! How are you?" I asked her. "I'm feeling alright. Would have been better if you were here. Did you eat breakfast yet?" she asked.

"Making it right now!"

"You're eating a proper breakfast, right?" she asked. "Y-yeah, of course, making some pancakes" I sheepishly lied as I was flipping over the chicken nuggets. "Good! I called to check-in, but I also wanted to make sure if you're coming home next weekend?"

"Of course! Like I would ever miss dad's birthday! I'll make sure to bring a box of those cupcakes he loves when I come by," I told her as I wrote that down on the notepad stuck to my fridge.

"Good! And is Yongguk coming too? I haven't seen him since last October. How is he?" my mom asked. I stayed silent for a second. That feeling was back. That pained feeling you feel when you press down on a bruise. It was that, but worst. It was a pained feeling that was far from physical. It was emotional pain. "Uh....no. We're actually not together anymore....." I responded.

"Uh... I'm so sorry Miyoung," my mom told me. I could hear the frown on her face. "No don't be. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier," I told her. "Don't be sorry Miyoung...." There was a brief silence on the line. "Mom, it's okay. I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Watch, when you see me next week, you'll see that I'm fine!" I reassured her.

My parents spent my whole childhood worrying about me. Worried that I would get hurt even more from the people around me. I was an adult now, and I didn't want them to worry. "Mom, I'll call you later. I don't want my pancakes to burn," I joked. I heard her laugh, bringing a smile to my face. "Alright, I love you!"

"I love you too! And tell dad I love him too!"

 

After eating my satisfying breakfast, I decided to clean my place. It was a bit of a mess, even though it looked pretty average for a college student. I didn't like mess or clutter, so I needed to tidy up. My messy room could lead to a messy headspace for me. I needed to stay clear. I picked up the wrappers off the floor and reorganized my bookshelf. I threw away unnecessary mail and reorganized some home decor. As I was cleaning, I heard the doorbell ring.
 

"Looking cute in that tank top," he said as I opened the door. I shook my head and looked away as I felt my cheeks heat up. He chuckled and patted my head in response. He came in, and we went over to the couch. "Cleaning?" he asked. I nodded my head in response. He smiled and shook his head, "it's like you're always cleaning. When night rolls around, we end up messing it up."

He placed his hand on my thighs, caressing it with his thumb. I leaned my head on his shoulders, feeling relaxed at his presence. I felt a cool chill and realized that I was in a tank top and shorts. I never liked exposing too much skin around people. I had a hard time accepting my bruises and seeing past them let alone, let anyone actually see them. I always had the need to coverup whenever I was with anyone. I got up, wanting to go to my room to grab a cardigan. "Don't," he softly spoke out, grabbing my wrist gently. "You look fine."

I nodded my head and sat back down. He put his arms around me and rubbed my arm. "You don't have to cover up when you're with me. I don't care for those bruises..." he told me as he kissed my temple. I closed my eyes and nodded my head. He always had a way to make me feel calm. Maybe it was the way he spoke with his deep, calming voice. Or maybe it was the sincerity of each word he said. 

"The bruises don't define you. I'm not with you for the appearance. I don't care much about those bruises. Plus, they look beautiful. Everything about your body is beautiful," he continued on. I nodded my head in response. It's like every single doubt that I had, every single little thing that bought me down, was gone. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mines.


I put the electric mixer down on the table. I might have not noticed its missing presence if it wasn't for my neighbor, who kindly returned it back to me. I grabbed the broom and continued on with my cleaning. 

It was around the afternoon with nothing to do. I was getting hungry, and cleaning took out all my energy. Since it was a nice day out, I decided to go out and grab something to eat. I wanted to be alone, so I didn't bother with calling up my friends. I grabbed my wallet, phone, and keys and walked over to the closest bakery. They had some good turkey sandwiches, which seemed really appealing at the moment.
 

"There she is!" he called out as I entered the store. "Were you waiting long?" I asked as I sat down next to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter