Perfect Places

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Perfect Places 
OC [Yeoyoung] - 24 y/o & Wonwoo - 27 y/o

     

[Wonwoo's POV]

"Yeoyoung?" I answered as I picked up the incoming call. It was around midnight, and I was trying to get some sleep. I was having a hard time getting some sleep this past week, and it seemed like tonight night could have been a good night. A good night until that phone call came through. 

"No, this is the bartender. She's in the bar and does not look good. I went through her contacts listed in favorites, and you were the first one. If you're free, you should come by and take her home." the man on the phone told me. I sighed and told him I'd be on my way. 

Yeoyoung, she was the reason I couldn't sleep this past week. She was acting a bit strange for the past couple of months, and I did my best to be there for her. Make sure she was okay. To get her to open up so I could help her get through whatever she was going through. I guess she reached her tipping point because she called it off between us last week. 

"What do you mean you want to break up?" I asked her. She came in crying. "What's wrong? Tell me what's wrong, Yeoyoung." I begged her.

She shook her head, "I just can't do this now..." she simply replied. 

I held onto her arms, trying to get her to look at me. "Please....please tell me..."

I just wore a hoodie over my shirt and changed into some jeans. I grabbed my keys and headed towards my car. It was a bit cold tonight, and I wasn't sure if she dressed up for the weather, so I grabbed an extra coat with me. I was sitting in my car, waiting for it to heat up, when I got a text from the bartender. She was at the Midnight Hue, which was a bar downtown. 

It was unlike her to be there, or any bar this late at night. She didn't like the night scene, especially by herself. And based on the call from the bartender, she seemed like she was wasted, which was also out of character. What was bothering Yeoyoung so much? This wasn't like anything she would have done. 

I drove off once my car was heated up. It was about a 20-minute drive from where I lived, but with how fast I was going, it would take about 10-minutes. I stopped by a convenience store to get some Gatorade, tea, and some fruits for her hangover in the morning.  

I got out of my car once I found a parking spot nearby. I rushed into the club, wanting to get her out of there as soon as possible. The club was filled with people left and right, with people dancing and drinking their lives away. I waddled my way through the crowd of people, trying to get to the sit-in bar. 

"Where is she?" I asked. After shoving and pushing people for what seemed like an eternity, I finally made my way to the sit-in bar. The man pointed in a direction behind me. I turned to look where he was directing me. It took me a moment to pinpoint where she was. I squinted my eyes and found her on a platform, dancing away. 

I made my way over to her. "Yeoyoung!" I called out. 

I was at the bottom of the platform since people were making out on the stairs that led up to where she was. It would've been hard for me to get up there, so maybe calling out for her would get her attention. "Yeoyoung!!!" I shouted again. The music was too loud for her to hear me, so I marched up the stairs.

I noticed his random guy making his way to her. I rushed before the guy to get to her. "Yeoyoung," I called out once again. She turned around, and our eyes finally met. I made my way towards her. "Get lost," I told the guy who was hovering by. 

"Wonwoo...." she slurred. I could tell she had way too many drinks as she stumbled. I had no idea how she made her way up the platform since she couldn't even stand properly. I grabbed her waist to try to keep her up. "What are you doing here?" she mumbled as she gave me a tipsy smile. Her eyes were slightly closed. I could tell she was a few drinks away from blacking out. "I'm here to take you home. Let's go..." I softly told her. 

"What? You just got here!" she whined. She tried to move around, but I held onto her. "Let's dance...." she slurred. She rested her head on my chest as she wiggled around in my grip. "I think we should go home. You seem tired..." I reasoned with her. I grabbed onto her tighter as I tried to get us out of there. "No!!" she screamed. She stumbled out of my grip and almost tripped. I grabbed onto her hands, making sure she wouldn't fall. 

As soon as she was steady, she pulled her hand back. "No! I'm not going home!" she yelled. Some people looked our way, and it wasn't looking good on me. I didn't want people to think I was some random dude trying to get her home just to sleep with her. 

"Fine, we can get a couple of drinks and stay for a bit," I told her as I held my hand out. "Promise?" she asked. I sighed and nodded my head. She grabbed my hand, and we slowly made our way down the stairs. I led us to the bar and sat her down on a chair. I decided to stand up, hovering over her so no one would approach her. "Drinks please!!" she hollered as she was waving down the bartender. He came by and raised his brows at me. 

"Sparkling water," I mouthed. He nodded his head and prepared two glasses for us. He put some raspberries in it for us and walked away to another person. "We're going to dance, right?" she asked. She looked at me with her eyes wide open. Her eyes were bloodshot red from the drinks. But I could tell it was also from all the crying. She had little scratches underneath her eyes. 

"Yea, we could dance for a little bit," I told her. She got off from her seat as she finished her drink. She grabbed my hand and dragged us to the sea of people dancing. She put her arms around my shoulders as I put my hands around her waist. She moved wildly as I held onto her, so she wouldn't stumble and lose her balance. 

 

I decided to take her to my place since I didn't want to leave her alone for the remainder of the night. I wasn't sure what the state of her place was like, and to be honest, I don't think she would want to be there with me after she sobered up. 

As we entered my place, I saw her starting to gag. I rushed her over to the bathroom for what was to come. She dropped to the floor and grabbed onto the sides of the toilet as she vomited whatever was in her stomach. I rushed to the kitchen to get her a water bottle for when she was done. I came back and kneeled beside her. 

I rubbed her back as she wiped with her sleeves. "...." she muttered. She got up and flushed the toilet. I got up and turned the sink faucet on, "Wash your face....." I told her. I guided her towards the sink and helped her splash some water on her face. 

She washed her face a couple of times with cold water and rinsed with some mouthwash to get that vomit taste out of . I grabbed her nightgown from the closet and gave it to her to change in. I never had the chance to clear out her stuff from my place, which turned out to be a good thing. 

I walked her to my room and laid her down on my bed. She had a rough night and needed to get some shut-eye. I put some crackers and a water bottle on the stand beside my bed. I didn't want to leave her in the room by herself, so I situated myself on the ground.

 

 

[Yeoyoung's POV]

I woke up to the sounds of a washing machine going off. I slowly raised myself from the bed. I groaned as I rubbed my eyes. My head felt like someone was hammering a nail in it, and it was killing me. I blinked my eyes a couple of times to get a better view of my surroundings. It wasn't my room. I wasn't in entire panic mode since I recognized where I was. 

I got out of bed and made my way to the living room. The T.V. was off, and I heard no sounds coming from the kitchen. I walked over to the kitchen just to make sure, but he wasn't there. Instead, there was a note stuck on the fridge. He was out to get some milk but would be back. He also said my toothbrush was still in the bathroom. 

I walked over to the bathroom and found a fresh towel and some of my clothes on top of the clothes bin. Another note was on the bathroom mirror, telling me to take a shower. 

 

I wrapped a towel over my head and got out of the bathroom. There was a cloud of steam that rushed out of the bathroom along with me. I needed a hot shower to ease myself and the headache that I was having. I made my way to the living room and heard some rustling noise from the kitchen. 

I walked over to the kitchen to see what he was doing. "Good, you're out just in time. Breakfast is ready," he said. He motioned me to go to the table, and I did as was told. He placed some seaweed soup and eggs on the table, along with some fruits and green tea. "Hopefully this will help with your hangover," he said. 

He sat across from me and served me some food. "Thanks....." I softly said. I was thankful for him and everything he was doing, but I didn't expect him to do any of it. Especially not after what happened last week. "Don't worry about it. Just eat up."

We had a quiet breakfast. Normally we would talk about plans for the day or just about life. But I guess this wasn't the norm we were used to. I co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter