Sober II (Melodrama)

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sober II 
OC [Haeyoung] - 24 y/o   &   Hanbin [B.I] - 24 y/o

   

Sober: not affected by alcohol; not drunk.

Midterms were coming up soon, so I spent most of my days studying. "I heard that Junhyung is going to throw a party for Halloween..." Yuji started off. We were working on a paper together in my apartment today since everywhere else was packed with people pregaming for a game tonight. I glanced at her and quickly returned my focus back on my laptop screen.

"I'm guessing that's a no. I mean it's not a club..." Yuji reasoned. I smiled a bit and shook my head. "I need to stay away from parties, people, and drinks," I told her. It's been about two months since that fateful August night. I haven't seen him since then. I didn't know what I was expecting the next morning when I was awake and fully sober. I wasn't even sure if we'd be friends or on a weird friends-with-benefits type basis. I didn't want to set up any expectations after that night, but I couldn't help but feel a bit let down after how things went afterward. It would have been a lie if I said that I tried to look for him.

"Have you seen him around campus?" she asked as she was typing away on her laptop. "Nope," I responded back. "No text or call?"

I shook my head, "I didn't even get his number..."

I only met him one time before that night. We didn't even share the same group of friends. Bobby and Minha were only acquaintances due to a class that they no longer take. The only direct connection that I have with him is that Seoah is friends with a person that was dating a friend of his, but even then, that wasn't even a proper connection. The campus was huge, filled with thousands of students. I had no classes with him, and I even have an apartment off-campus.

I could have easily asked Minha get his number from Bobby, but I couldn't get myself to do that.  

"It doesn't even matter. It wasn't that serious or deep. It was just a one night stand, that's all," I told Yuji. She looked at me with uncertainty. I grabbed a pencil and threw it at her, "Yah! Don't look at me like that. I'm serious, I'm fine. People have buddies all the time! Why are you even mentioning him?" I asked her. 

She shrugged her shoulders, "Whenever I'm stress, having with Dongjun always makes me feel better. It looks like you could use a good to destress you," she bluntly said. I gaped my mouth and grabbed the next closest thing to me. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" she whined as I threatened to throw a notebook at her. 

"But I'm serious with ing to destress thing. I swear it helps! Whenever I'm stress, Dongjun would force me to do like a 30-minute workout with him before having . I'm sore everywhere, but it feels good," she went on. I shook my head and covered my ears, "I don't need to hear what you do when your stress with your boyfriend," I whined. She just laughed as she continued on with her work.

 

 

It was Monday morning and the lecture hall was a bit more packed than usual. The professor was doing a review of what we learned so far for our midterm that was coming up next week . I wasn't too worried since the class was a basic gen-ed class. (*gen-ed are classes that college students are required to take to meet the curriculum that covers basic foundations. examples would be a math and english class)

I was in the back row, four seats down the end, giving me some space to myself. The back row was mostly empty, with just a girl sitting at the other far end. As the professor was blabbering on a boy with a green hoodie came in, sitting at the end of the row, three seats away from me. The guy was digging through his bag while I continued to write down a couple of notes.

"Hey, do you have anything to write with?" the guy asked me as he gently tapped my shoulder. "Yeah. Do you want a pen or a pencil?" I asked as I turned over to look at him. My eyes widen, in shock to who I happened to bump into.  

"Haeyoung? You're in my class?" Hanbin asked. I blinked my eyes a couple of times to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating. "I should be asking you that! I've been to every class," I responded back. He rubbed the back of his neck, "You have a point," he responded, sheepishly smiling back. 

"Pen or pencil?" I asked him. 

"I guess a pen will work..."

 

The class was finally over. I wanted to rush out of there since I was starving. I had about an hour before I had a meeting with a professor, so I needed something in me. I rushed out of the lecture hall without getting my pen back. I managed to walk past him without making any contact with him. 

"Haeyoung! Wait up!" Hanbin called out as he chased after me. I wasn't running per se, I was just walking faster than my normal pace. "Your pen," he said, handing me the cheap writing utensil. 

"Keep it. It seems like you might need it later on..."

He just nodded his head as he shoved the pen in his bookbag. "Are you heading to another class?" he asked as he continued to walk beside me. I shook my head in response, "Just going to grab lunch and work on something before a meeting I have at noon." I responded back. 

"Can we talk?"

"About what?" I ignorantly asked. "About that night..."

"Listen. It's nothing to fret about. It was summer, and we were drunk. We had some fun, that's all..." I told him. I didn't want to deal with that right now, especially with midterms coming up. I already had a lot going on with my life, I didn't want to create an awkward atmosphere around him, especially now, knowing that he's in my class. 

He looked at me and smiled as he nodded his head. "Let bygones be bygones," I added on. "Bygones?" he asked, looking at me. "Let's leave the past behind," I answered him.

He decided to walk with me and grab something to eat too. "Hey, can I ask you something?" he asked as he waited in line. I nodded my head as I stared at the menu, trying to figure out what I wanted to eat. "Can I borrow some of your notes?" 

"What? Why?" I asked, taken aback. I wasn't expecting that from him. "Well, I have no notes....."

"Well, whose fault is that? You shouldn't have skipped..." I nagged. He rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah. I know, I know. Just let me borrow it, please," he begged. I scoffed and shook my head in disapproval. "I'll send you pictures of my notes instead, I need them too!" I told him. 

He insisted on paying for my lunch, as he said it was the least he could do. We sat down at an empty table while I took out my notes. "Number?" I asked as I handed my phone over to him. He entered the number in the new contact. Never have I imagined getting his number this way. Once his number was in my phone, I sent the photos. "You better start going to class, cause I'm not going to help you next time," I told him as I shoved my book back into my bag. "Oh, I will."

"Good. Well, I should get going," I told him as I grabbed my belongings off the table. "Now? Why don't you eat with me?" he asked. I shook my head in response, "I have something to do."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter