Homemade Dynamite

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Homemade Dynamite 
OC [Seoah] - 24 y/o & Johnny - 25 y/o

     

It wasn't like them to be this late. But then again, it wasn't like me to come without them either. It was almost like a tradition when it came to parties. We always gather up at mine or Minha's house with Haeyoung bringing the drinks, Miyoung with some food, and Yuji with some of her baked goods. We would get ready and pregame before heading out as a squad. But this time I came without them. I was visiting my parents and siblings this past week, so I ended up coming by myself. They sent me a text earlier saying that they would be a bit late due to traffic.

I was near the bar area when I saw Yooa walk up to me. "Where are the others? It's weird seeing only 1/5th of the gang," she asked me. "Traffic. And happy birthday, by the way! It always amazes me how you can manage to rent a place out and throw big parties like this." I told her. She brushed her hair dramatically and smiled, "when celebrating life, I have to go all out," she simply responded.

We were lounging around the bar, chatting away, when the topic of dating came up. "I heard Johnny is coming tonight~!" She said in a flirtatious tone as she nudged me and wiggled her brows. I poured the rest of my drink down my throat as I shook my head, "And I need to know that my ex will be here because?"

She just smiled and gave me a 'you know why' look as she walked away. I scoffed and shook my head. I took a look at my phone and saw a text from Yuji saying the traffic was really bad. I took a seat at the bar knowing it'll be a while before the girls came. "I don't know you super well, but I think that you might be the same as me,"  I heard someone say as they sat beside me. "What are you saying? Why are you using one of your lame pickup lines on me?" I asked without turning my head. I already knew who it was from the sound of his voice. 

"Someone's a little loner tonight."

"Not a loner, just an early bird today," I responded 

"That's what a loner would say," he responded back. This time I looked at him and rolled my eyes, "Oh shut it Johnny. What are you doing here anyways?" 

"Well, I'm not going to turn down a party invitation, especially if it's for a birthday. Although, I don't know Yooa like that.......a party is a party."

I laughed and shook my head, "No, I meant what are you doing here, sitting next to a 'loner' like me. Plus, if the folks find out you're next to be, all types of rumors will start up." I told him.

He smiled as he let out a little laugh. "Like the two former lovers rekindling their lost love." 

"Or, these two finally reveal that they have gotten back together since last year," I added on. We both laughed as we thought of the foolish little small talk that would brew if the gossips saw us together. 

"Yeah, well, I'm getting bored, and you're the only one I know here that can have a real good time," he told me. I looked at him and fake gasp, "Oh my god, are you confessing?"  I joked. He looked away as he placed his hand over his cheek and mouth, "yes....I actually think you're a cool person," he responded. I chuckled as I shook my head at his silliness. 

"Jokes aside, how have you been. It still shocks me that you still go to school. How much more do you want to learn?" he asked. "I've been good I guess. And a lot more. Grad school is actually fun. They do say that the more you know, the better you grow." I told him. 

 

Some time passed by as we continued to talk. The girls were still stuck in traffic, and I didn't know many people here tonight. Plus, it felt nice to catch up with Johnny. Despite being exes, we ended on good terms. It was a mutual end of feelings, with us believing that it was best to stay as friends. We knew each other since I was 10 and he was 11. We started dating when I was in my second year of high school, up until I was finishing up my fourth year of college. Although the romantic feeling was no longer there, I still loved him in a more platonic way. He was a friend that I cherished, and he always told me that he would never throw this friendship away.

I received another text from Miyoung, telling me that they most likely will not come since the traffic is not clearing up. A major collision was the source of the traffic. 

It was past midnight, and there was no telling when this party would be over. Knowing most parties, it would go into the early morning, and I was in no mood to be here any longer. I didn't want to go in for the night since I was pumped and wanted to party a bit. But with my friends not here, I didn't want to be in the vicinity any longer. "Let's leave this place," I suggested to Johnny.

"Alrihgt," he replied nonchantly.

 

 

We were starving, so we went to a nearby burger joint to grab some food. Some classic burgers, soda, and fries to share would be good for the meanwhile. 

"I heard that you got a little crush on Gikwang, I see you got a thing for older guys." Johnny blurted out as we were munching on our food at a table outside.

"Wh-what....who told you that?" I asked. "I heard it from Yuji and Haeyoung. I bumped into them last month, they were teasing you on how 'cute' you were, being all shy near him," he told me with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and threw a fry at him, "Oh, well I heard you've been having a blast with Ten lately. Did spending time with me made you realize something?" I joked as I arched my brows at him. He rolled his eyes and chuckled, "you're not my only plantonic friendship you know." I just nodded my head and continued to eat my food.

"But, you and Gikwang look good together," he told me. I looked up at him, "Really?" I asked him. "Yeah. He seems to get you like how the girls do, and I guess like how I do too. But he is a great guy and doesn't undermine you. Plus I'm pretty sure he's into you." He told me. 

"You really think so?" I asked him. He nodded his head as he took a bite out of his burger.

 

We wandered off into the city once we finished up our quick dinner. We were in the fashion district, so the night was alive. There were many people out, and there were flashing lights everywhere, making it hard to see the stars from here. "Hey, let's check that out." Johnny said, pointing to where a crowd was building up. He grabbed my hand and led me to the crowd. A girl was in the center singing to a song.

Our rules, our dreams, we're blind
Blowing up with homemade d-d-d-dynamite
Our friends, our drinks, we get inspired
Blowing up with homemade d-d-d-dynamite
Blowing up with homemade d-d-d-dynamite

The crowd applauded her once the song was over. I guess she was done for tonight as she was packing up her things, and the crowd was slowly dispersing. As we started to walk away, something caught my attention. "Oh my God, it's been such a long time since I've been to the acarde."

 Johnny looked into the direction I was pointing at and nodded his head, "Yeah. It's been like ten years since the last time I went." I looked at him and smile, "Let's go!"

As we entered the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter