Chapter 6

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed and the week after rolled by. Donghae's mum had came over to their apartment with a wide smile and had brought over more food than she had let on. She had hugged them in a tight embrace as a greeting before starting to stuff the fridge with food containers. Not that Hyukjae and Donghae complained.

And to add on to their surprise, Hyukjae's mum had came over as well, a box containing a freshly baked cake in hand. She missed her son and felt that Hyukjae must have craved for his sweets, aka, her famous strawberry cake.

They ate and chatted happily over the wonderful dessert. Both their mothers had wanted to stay for dinner, volunteering to cook many dishes. But feeling the whole thing a bit too much, Hyukjae and Donghae declined gently. They felt that having a full fridge to last them for weeks and the amazing cake had been enough trouble for their mothers.

Both had bought small gifts for their parents as well as Donghwa, who unfortunately happens to be on a business trip. Now sitting on the couch, Donghae's mum happily chatted away about her youngest son childhood days, telling of some embarrassing stories.

"Mum..." Donghae whined. "Please don't say anymore."

"Oh but honey! I haven't even told Hyukjae yet about the time when we went to an aquarium!"

"No! Please! Anything but that one!"

Hyukjae's eyes gleamed and he leaned in, "Mum, please tell me about it!"

She beamed and continued despite a loud whine from Donghae, "When our dear Hae was small, probably around 5 years old, he had loved fishes so much that he wanted to become one too."

Donghae whined again and covered his face, opting to go into another room just to avoid the conversation.

"He had wanted to become a fish, if not a merman."

At this, Hyukjae chuckled, gums and teeth showing.

"And when my husband and I brought him and his brother to an aquarium, he kept gaping at the fishes and even pressed his face to the glass. He tried to converse with them and looked for a way into the tank."

"Did he manage to?" Hyukjae chuckled with crinkled eyes.

"Fortunately, no." Donghae's mum shaked her head and laughed. "But he did go to the staff and security to ask for entrance. Said he was a fish and wanted to meet his family."

Hyukjae laughed, "Donghae is so adorable." He then turns his head to the room where the latter disappeared to, "Baby come back here! Let me squish you! You're just too adorable to be ignored!"

"No! I don't want to be involved in the conversation!"

"Please? I'll get you an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter