Chapter 3

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks pass and the sweet couple has gotten used to their work lives. Hyukjae had gotten himself into the company project and sometimes he works a little overtime. Donghae would usually come home earlier than him and buys dinner along the way. At some point however, he did try to cook but nearly added the sugar instead of the salt into the food. If it wasn't for Hyukjae who saw what Donghae was scooping and questioned what he was making, their meal would have been ruined.

After that little incident, Hyukjae had banned Donghae from doing any cooking, earning him a whole lot of whines and puppy eyes.

But that doesn't stop Donghae from trying.

One evening after a tiring day of work, Hyukjae comes home to the smell of something wonderful coming from the kitchen. He quickly takes off his shoes and sets down his briefcase, heading over to the kitchen.

"Hae? What are you doing? I told you you're not allowed to-"

His sentence abruptly cuts midway as he stares at the pot of delicious ramen on the dining table, hot steam swirling in the air as it rises. Donghae is placing two bowls and cutlery on the table as he sees Hyukjae gaping at him.

"Hey Hyuk! You're back." Donghae smiles and goes over to hug him. "I know you told me not to cook but I can't help it. We have been eating greasy food for some time and I just wanted a change."

Hyukjae continues to eye him. "Please tell me you didn't add in any 'extra' ingredients."

"Of course not! Who do you take me for?" Donghae pouts, feigning hurt.

"An idiot."

He grins, "But an idiot that you love."

Hyukjae is then ushered to the table. "Let's eat while it's still hot. I made it specially for you!"

"Wait, wait. Let me go change first."

"Oh, sure." Donghae grins and pecks the other's lips. "I'll go tidy up the sink area."

It doesn't take long before they're sitted at the table slurping away at the noodles. Hyukjae hums in contentment despite having a mouthful of it.

"Not bad, Hae. Your cooking skills are actually improving." He nods, taking another mouthful of ramen and stuffing in a piece of seasoned chicken meat as well.

Donghae snorts, "This isn't rocket science. It's actually really easy once you've practiced a little."

"Uh huh." Hyukjae rolls his eyes. "But then I still have to be on guard in case there's poison."

The remark earns him a hard glare and before they know it, they're bickering over Donghae's cooking. It didn't stop even when they're done and Hyukjae is washing the dishes at the sink, doing his part after knowing Donghae put in all the effort for their meal.

However, as they sit on the couch with their knees touching, silence hangs between them.

Hyukjae let's out a small sigh before grabbing the remote and switching on the TV. He flips through the channels but gives up when he finds nothing intere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter