Chapter 4

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae stares at the handsome face before him. He smiles, taking in the features and lifts a hand to lightly caress the cheek. With feather light touches, he traces the scar on the left cheek below the eye. Smiling to himself as he recalls the backstory Donghae had told him.

He then brings his finger to trace the one on the chin. Donghae isn't perfect, he thinks, but nonetheless the flaws are part of him too. No one is perfect in this world.

Hyukjae holds back a chuckle as he notices Donghae's eyebrows scrunch together in a frown while his lips purse a little to form a small pout. The other sometimes does that when Hyukjae touches his face while he's sleeping. The older finds it cute and continues his admiration by tracing the nose, causing Donghae to scrunch it too.

He loves to wake up like this next to Donghae. He loves watching the latter sleep, his breathing calm and face so innocent looking. He can't help but want to caress him like this.

Moving his hand upwards, he then treads his fingers lightly through Donghae's hair. Hyukjae smiles as he hears a low hum and the other scoots closer. They stay like this for a while, Hyukjae playing with Donghae's hair. But a glance at the clock makes Hyukjae realise it's going to be noon.

"Donghae." He whispers. "Donghae, wake up. It's going to be noon soon."

The latter frowns and pouts, muttering incoherent words under his breath. He snakes an arm around Hyukjae's waist and snuggles up to his chest.

"Donghae." Hyukjae tries again. "Time to get up. I'll cook a meal for us."

What sounded like a "tired" and "not hungry" was given as a reply.

"Don't make me slap your ."

"Don't... care..."

"You asked for it."

Hyukjae raises his palm before slapping Donghae's , hard.

"Aw!" Immediately, the latter jumps up with a startle, eyes opened wide. "Did you have to slap so hard?"

Hyukjae shrugs, "You didn't want to wake up."

"Of all things you could do! Why didn't you just kiss me awake?"

"Didn't feel like it." Hyukjae pokes his tongue at him before he gets out of bed, leaving a pouty Donghae rubbing his under the covers.

Eventually the latter manages to drag himself out of bed and by the time Hyukjae is done with their pancakes, Donghae is slouching over the table. An elbow rests on the table while his hand cups his chin.

"You know I just wanna sleep in Hyuk.." Donghae grouches. "It's a Saturday.."

"You're the one who doesn't sleep early! I always have to make sure you sleep so you get enough rest."

A plate of hot pancakes as well as a cup of coffee is placed in front of him.

"Eat, it'll give you energy."

Donghae pouts but picks up his fork and knife to start eating. Hyukjae joins him as well and they exchange a couple of words as they munch on their food.

As Hyukjae stares at the window behind Donghae, he notices the perfect weather outside. It's early September so temperatures aren't too cool and the sky is a beautiful hue of blue with fluffy clouds.

"Hae-ah we should go out today.. The weather is so nice."

"No." Donghae pouts in a manner that the other thinks is just too cute. "I wanna stay in. There's no work so can't we just stay at home?"

Hyukjae chuckles and clicks his tongue. "We can go out for a movie date and... Maybe play at the arcade? We haven't done that for some time."

At the mentioning of an arcade, Donghae's eyes light up. "Okay sure!" He exclaims before diligently eating his food.

They finish up their meal and soon find themse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter