Chapter 5

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days pass and it's another grueling working day. Hyukjae takes the bus as per usual and trudges by the nearby park, heading towards home. He takes the lift and then proceeds to walk down the corridor leading to the apartment. Sighing and taking in a deep breath to compose himself, Hyukjae unlocks the door only to step into a dark apartment.

He blinks, "Isn't Donghae home yet?"

Hyukjae closes the door behind him with a soft click and takes off his shoes.

"Donghae? Baby? You home?"

He sets down his suitcase near the door and heads into the kitchen. The stove is empty as well as the table. Odd. The living room is empty as well.

Hyukjae calls out, "Hae? Babe?" He strides towards their bedroom and sees the door closed. Turning the knob, he enters a dark room but through the lack of light he can see a lump on the bed.

"Baby?"

Rustling of the sheets can be heard and a slightly hoarse voice sounds out, "Hyuk? You're back from work?"

"Hae, what are you doing in bed?"

Hyukjae switches on the bedside lamp to see Donghae sitting up. He frowns, noticing a bandage wrapped around the other's head.

"Hae!" He sits next to him and gingerly brings his hands to Donghae's forehead. "What happened? Why's your head all bandaged like that? Did you fall? Did you hurt yourself badly? Did you go to a doc-"

"Hyuk, I'm fine.. I-"

"No you're not fine! Baby what happened to you?" His fingers graze gently against the rough fabric.

"I-I just had a bad headache earlier on.."

Hyukjae stares at Donghae incredulously, "A headache."

"Yeah.. I tried to suppress it with the bandage and it seems to work. By the ways, what time is it? Are you hungry?"

The other continues to stare unmoving.

"Hyuk? You okay?"

Arms wrap around Donghae as Hyukjae lays his head on the latter's shoulder. "Don't scare me like that again. I thought something really bad happened to you."

"O-oh. But everything's fine."

"You'd better be." Hyukjae deadpans and leans back to give a flick to the other's forehead. "Stupid. Wrapping your head like this doesn't help with the headache. It gives me a heart attack instead."

Donghae pouts and rubs the part where Hyukjae's finger had hit him. "I'm sick and you hit me."

"You don't have a headache anymore though."

"No.. I still do." Donghae feigns hurt and grabs the sides of his head. "Ugh.. My head is spinning."

A slap lands on the latter's leg and he cries out while his hands fly to the reddening spot. "Ow!! What's that for?"

"Ha! See? You're fine."

At this, Donghae scrunches up his face and slightly glares. "Meanie."

Hyukjae pokes his tongue out before deciding to take a sit beside the other. He rubs his reddened thigh and asks, "Didn't you go to work today?"

"I did but I left halfw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter