006 DINNER

Would you be my Honey? [YIXING X OC]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feng

Brooklyn is such a sweetheart. In my opinion, the only person who knows how to communicate in Zhang mansion is Brooklyn. Yixing's mother is more of a hard nut to crack. When she came to my place, she was looking at me like she was doing a big charitable work by letting Yixing marry me. To be terribly honest she can keep her son for herself because the least I would care if she does.

My life turned upside down within a blink of an eye. And I will repeat that until my life shos some sign to get better. It's so stupid of me that I still wish I am in a nightmare and mom will wake me up soon.

Pathetic.

So pathetic.

I was coming down when I heard Brooklyn on the phone. She was asking if he was drunk. Probably Yixing. I know if I stop there and listen to everything that would be eavesdropping but I wanted to know what and who is Brooklyn to Yixing. She kept asking him to come home for lunch.

I grew curious because Yixing is casual around Brooklyn. He's usually stiff with his employees.

Soon after she hung up, she asked what I would like for breakfast. She knew that I was there the whole time.

"Anything," I replied. Nothing to hide or explain when caught me red-handed.

"Xing might join us for lunch. Do you want something special to be on the table?" See she calls him Xing. Not master or whatever shiieet she's supposed to say.

"It will be more than a miracle if the person himself turns in."

She laughed softly and told me that I understand him very well. Guess what? I don't think so!

I made a quick plan in my head to escape lunch. "I am going to visit my friend after breakfast," I announced when she was setting the table for the breakfast. I smell some blueberry pancakes. Fresh orange juice was already on the table.

"I've asked Yixing to be here by twelve in the noon. That would buy time for you both to have a small chat before lunch."

"I'll call in for the taxi. I'm going upstairs to get ready."

She nodded from there. Our conversation has no meaning. She kept telling me that I should be here before noon and me...? I found ways to tell her that I won't be here for lunch. By now she should have understood the same.

Right after I got ready, Brooklyn insisted that I take the car out from the household rather than calling a taxi. I agreed.

I called Izzy and made plans the other day. I thought my sister at least would take my side but, who knew she'd also end up thinking the same as mother. They both have the same old saying, 'Feng, darling, love happens after marriage also.' My foot!

"So, you mean to tell me that your family has set you up on a blind date and he is planning to dump you after three months?" Izzy asks me narrowing her eyes at me.

"A whole ing blind marriage. They don't even know his plans. What do I do now?"

"Hmm... let me guess!" She took a sip from the cup. ".... if you want to make peace on both the sides, I suggest you play along."

"What about me, Izzy? No one thinks of me?" I did not want to hear this from her.

"You know what, being rich is a dirty job."

"I can't agree more. Izzy, take me under your care. Pul-eeeeshhhee!"

She threw her head back and laughed. "Tell me your father would spare me, I am all set to take you in Feng."

"You have no idea how badly I want someone to listen to me because I feel like I've been let down by my family. My sister was my last hope after seeing my mom pushing me to the edge. But she, she let me down too."

"It's understandable, Feng. You know I am here for you. You have my number. Hit me up whenever you feel low. I'll make sure I'll be there for you!!"

Then she continued, "Feng as of your mom and sister, don't blame them. They are as helpless as you. By the way, do you have any idea why could Yixing do this to you? Your family?"

"I know they both are helpless but I am their family. They should be taking my side." Taking a sip I bought some time to think why would Yixing do this, "I don't know Izzy, I am clueless."

She told me she'll try to know something with the little teeny bits of source she has. True people know more gossip nowadays and where she works have an abundance of people. Gossiping people to be particular.

After having a brief talk over coffee, we left that place and took a leisure walk at the park. Looking at her make me feel something strange. Her mother passed away, her father remarried and disappeared still, she managed to live. How?

"Are you going to stare at me like that forever?"

She had her eyes closed, still, she knew what I was doing!!

"I'm just wondering how you still manage to smile after all that happened in your life" I try not to bring this up but her charisma leaves me spellbound. Her mother's loss, her father marrying into another rich family leaving her existence behind is just more than scary. At least for me.

"I'm used to this type of living, girl! Mama always said I am a strong girl and always will be. So here I am." She throws her hands in the air and shrugs. The confidence I say. She has a lot of it.

We spent almost the whole day running up and down the streets and eating. We did a lot of window shopping which I love to do despite my social status.

Just before the evening, we made further plans to hit a movie hall before going our separate wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter