001 RETURN BACK

Would you be my Honey? [YIXING X OC]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing

"Baekhyun can you look out this for me?" I called out for Baekhyun as I received a call from my mom. She has been calling me since last night and I can't ignore her anymore.

I know when I pick up her call, she is again going to start with returning back to home drama. I left with a happy heart and am still happy. Its high time mom should understand this. She always thinks either I am starving or penniless. I am not as rich as I was back then. Still, I earn as much as I want. I am happy.

"Mom..." I greeted her. The next response from her stopped my world from spinning.

"Xing, please come back home. You.... your dad is at the hospital. Xing, please come home." Her voice was feeble. Shaky. I am scared.

After thirty minutes’ drive, I reached the hospital. My father was there at the hospital. He was unconscious according to the medical terms. He was sleeping in my words. He was sleeping peacefully. He has changed a lot. He has more wrinkles now.

My vision shifted to my mom and she was a crying mess. As soon as she saw me, she hugged me tightly. Her fear was vibrating through her body.

"Xing, I tried to contact you since last night...."

"I know mom. I am sorry. I couldn't pick your call." Lie.

I ignored her calls deliberately. I made her sit and enquired about what happened. I learned that my father has been sick since I left home. This is a huge blow for me to know.

He stopped mom from telling me the truth. No wonder. Manipulative man.

Later, I asked my mom to take some rest as she is here with father since last night and she looks terrible.

"Mom, why don't you go home and take some rest? You look.... really bad. I am here. I'll be here with father."

"No, I don't want to leave him behind. He... he has grown really weak Xing. You were never there."

I closed my eyes for a brief moment. I was never there. Yes, I was never there.

"Mom.... listen to me. Just go back, take some rest and come back. I'll be by his side until then."

She smiled. I know what does that smile means. She is silently mocking me for saying that I will stay beside him.

"Alright. I'll go. Take care of yourself."

Just like old times, she reached for my cheeks. Her palms feel the same. Warm and safe.

It's the sixth time I'm rejecting Baekhyun's calls. After mom left the room, I took out and dialled him.

"Baekhyun I am afraid I won't be able to come there anytime sooner. Ask Suho hyung to take care of everything. My father is hospitalized and mom... she looks really weak I can't leave them back here."

I got the best gang. I met them when I was eighteen and ran away from the house searching for a way to fulfil my dreams. Suho hyung, Baekhyun, and Sehun. I can always count on them. Baekhyun assured me he will take care of everything. I also received texts from Suho hyung and Sehun that they will be always there for me when I need them.

I meant it when I mentioned that they are the best gang I could ever get. They are really my family away from home.

I spent nearly half an hour looking at my father and the beeping pieces of machinery attached to him. He will never forgive me. Being the only child of the Zhang family, I was their pride but I had dreams which I needed to chase. I always wanted him to understand me and support me but all I got from him are harsh words. I left. I left home when I couldn't take it anymore.

I was eighteen and nowhere to go. I thought father's men will track me down and will force me to return back. To my surprise, the opposite happened. Father never looked for me. After a week's time, mom contacted me and asked how I was. No one ever cared where I was.

I met Suho hyung who decided to take me into his local bar. He offered me a job. He was kind. He must have known that I am filthy rich with the clothes I wore back then. He did not ask me anything. He smiled, welcomed me and asked me to assist him in running the bar. Later, he introduced me to Baekhyun and Sehun.

The doctor arrived with a couple of nurses. He checked on my dad and called me to out.

"Your father is unconscious right now. He should wake up by noon. There's not much time left before he goes to sleep forever."

I'm sure he wouldn't have said this if it was my mother.

"Xing, don't go elsewhere. Be here when he wakes up." I know what does this means. He's going to die and this is my last chance to talk to my father. I nodded. I am unable to force words out of my mouth. He placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Xing! It's so good to see you here. I did not expect you to return. You've grown up into a man already.! Stay child. Your mom needs you."

I nodded again. I went inside the room and took a look at my dad once again. He was sleeping. He will wake up and I will have to face him. Alone. Maybe.

Right after having a small talk with the doctor I knew that there is no going back for me from here. I am not going to go back. I can’t. I will not be able to. My father is going to.... he. He is going to leave us. I am the only son. I should take over Zhang Empire now. My hands were shaking. Tears were uncontrollably falling.

I have managed to attend school and college with the help of my mom. She shifted me to some small school when I left home. She insisted that I learn. I got my degree in Business administration just like everyone in my family.

Even though I was running behind my dreams, I knew I should come back here one day. I did not expect that day to be this soon and like this. Having my father in death bed.

Regret started to fill me. I once promised myself that I will have no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter