003 FIRST DATE

Would you be my Honey? [YIXING X OC]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yixing

Date! My Foot! After knowing that Marcus is associated with her I can't even sleep at night. I kept tossing and turning to draw the lines. How can be Marcus associated with her? I knew Marcus was associated with my father's enemies or at least I knew him mentioning Marcus millions of times. But then everything started to fall in place since the day mom told me a part of the untold story I should be aware of. 

My mother is not a type where she would play with her own son's life but in business everything is fair. Every damn single thing is fair. I feel dejected, more disappointed my life has become. Not exactly because of my mom but of the events and the play I am putting in.

I refused to go on a family dinner date with the Mengs but I finally grew curious when my assistant told me that Marcus in on the mission to find out my past history. More than the Mengs I was interested in Marcus and his plans. Zhangs are always a way higher than the Mengs and this lesson should have been taught to this little sprout sitting beside me.

She turned and looked at me twice or more, then she took out her phone and started punching keys into it. I don't care. This is a business marriage and I have nothing to do with her other than marrying her. How ironical?

I tried to push the urge down my throat but somehow it came bubbling up, "Has Marcus contacted you yet?"

I felt her straighten in my peripheral vision. She looked straight. Stared through the windshield and answered calmly. The stiffness was the same when I told that she is keeping her check on me on the yesterday dinner. She is quite talented in bottling up her emotions.

"I have no idea what you are talking about!" came her reply right after some moments. She's playing it dirty just like her father. Oh maybe for a moment I forgot which seed she grew up from. Filthy people.

"Marcus is a good friend... umm I thought the conversation we had was normal. Between friends. Casual." She explained. I can see her covering up lies. I kept quiet. I learned that Marcus is not doing anything on his own. It was pretty clear earlier but I like confirming things my own. That gives me satisfaction.

"Where are we going?"

"On a date" I replied. I am not in a mood to entertain her childish questions.

"And where is that?"

"Restaurant" She looked annoyed. I like that. I don't want her to like me. She should be annoyed. As much annoyed as I am right now.

I called Suho hyung this morning and told him what happened. I never forget to keep him updated which what's happening in my life. If I was to get married in a different situation, he could have teased me but this time he just listened to me. He said that I should be strong and make decisions that would not hurt anyone. He asked me to live a life where everyone would remember me as a good man. I am trying.

I hit the brakes when we reached the restaurant. We headed in and took the table which I've already reserved.

"How are you liking it?" I sounded normal. That's what I should do. Keep it normal.

"The restaurant or the date?" A question for a question.

"Both, you can say!"

"Both are bland. Not my taste."

"And what is your taste?"

"Something superficial. Artistic and especially one which look like the place doesn't belong to the earth."

"You are interesting." That was a lie.

"Oh thank you Mr.Zhang."

Most of the time went in silence. The only thing that was loud is spoon, knives and cutlery killing the plates. That was appreciable that she kept quiet all through the way because I have no tolerance left in me.

After lunch, we headed out. I drove her back to her place. I called her before she could get down.

"Hu Feng, let's keep this relationship professional. Let this small talk stay between you and me. My mother wants me to get married into your family and so does your father. Let's not hurt our parents here and give them what they want. I promise I will make sure you get a way out of this mess. It won't even take more than three months."

Before I could finish, she cuts me in, "Are you proposing for a contact marriage?"

She's smart. I must say. "Not exactly. But you can say that... almost."

"And do address me as Ms Meng. I like that better." This attitude is going to make it hard to take her in for three months. To the maximum.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter