Chapter 9

Mafia Game of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The IZ*ONE members just finished their morning dance practice at their studio when the studio doors opened the day after the incident with Seungkwan.

"Yaedeul-ah!" IZ*ONE's manager called. He then opened the door wide and let JB and Jinyoung inside the studio carrying pizza and cola.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" IZ*ONE members greeted.

Yena instinctively went to JB, whose arms were wide open, and gave him a hug and a peck on his cheeks.

"Mwoyah, you did not tell me you were visiting, oppa," Yena said, touched.

JB ruffled Yena's hair and said, "We're just here for your lunch then we have to leave for another schedule."

Yena just nodded and guided JB inside the studio. Jinyoung, however, was awkwardly following JB inside the studio while the IZ*ONE members all got some newspapers for them to place their food. 

"Uhm... Yena-sshi?" Jinyoung said as JB got the pizza and cola he was holding. 

Yena replied, "Ne sunbaenim?"

"I... I'm sorry," Jinyoung said.

All the IZ*ONE members were still standing, watching as Jinyoung apologizes to Yena.

Jinyoung gulped before saying, "Remember the dinner with the Mafia members? I'm sorry about what I said that day."

Yena shook her head and hands, "Aniyo. Gwaenchanayo, sunbaenim. I understand why you were like that."

JB then pulled Yena by the waist and said, "See, Jinyoung? My girlfriend is really kind and understanding."

Everyone in the room reacted: IZ*ONE members yelled and made noises with each other, Yena just smiled and leaned her head on JB's shoulders, and Jinyoung just made barfing sounds. 

Jinyoung then said, "Let's just eat now. IZ*ONE yeorobundeul, let's eat!"

 

Everyone was eating, but Yena's meal was something special: she has her own small box of pizza and also some ice cream. 

"Jealous?" Yena said to Hyewon teasingly as Hyewon as eyeing Yena's ice cream since they started lunch.

Hyewon nodded and was about to say something when Yena said, "No~ Only mine~"

Everyone chuckled as Chaeyeon just gave Hyewon another pizza bite. Jinyoung then said, "Ah, hyung has been watching your first reality before going here."

JB nodded and said, "I stopped at the part where you were showing off your nostrils, Yena."

Yena suddenly choked on what she was eating. "Mwo, oppa?" Yena asked.

Everyone laughed at Yena's reaction. JB chuckled and wiped Yena's face with a napkin. JB said, "When we arrived here, it was exactly at that scene."

"Oppa..." Yena said, though could not help but laugh herself.

While everyone was laughing, Yena's phone rang. It showed that Seungkwan was calling. 

Yena sighed and said, "I should not answer, for now, should I?"

JB said, "We have to talk about it..."

Eunbi said firmly, "As Yena's leader, I hope that Seungkwan-sunbaenim would not be that much of a bother to Yena anymore."

However, Yena stood up so that IZ*ONE members were behind her and answered the video call.

"Ye..." Seungkwan said but stopped as he noticed that Yena was not alone.

Yena took a deep breath and said, "Sunbaenim, annyeonghaseyo."

Seungkwan said, "Yena... Can we... Can we meet?"

The IZ*ONE members and JB were about to protest when Yena said, "Ne... But not alone anymore. Maybe with another Mafia family member."

Seungkwan considered this before he answered, "I think that would be better."

Yena nodded and said, "Just send me a message, sunbaenim. I will also tell maybe Boreum-unnie and Doyeon-unnie."

Seungkwan nodded and said, "Mianhe, Yena..."

Yena smiled sincerely and said, "Gwaenchanayo, sunbaenim. We all make mistakes."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter