Chapter 8

Mafia Game of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yena was sitting awkwardly on a cafe hidden within the streets of Myeongdon. Her phone suddenly rang and, once she saw who was calling, immediately picked up.

"Yeoboseyo? Jaebum-oppa..." Yena said nervously.

Yena heard JB sighed over the line. JB then said, "I regret deciding on this, Yena. Do you still want to continue? You can just leave. I'll go there if you want me--"

"Aniyo, oppa. I'm scared, yes... But Seungkwan-sunbaenim is also a friend of ours," Yena told JB.

"Arasseo... Just send me a message if you need me. I'll go back to the recording now," JB said.

"Eung... Jal hae (Do a good job), oppa! Fighting!," Yena said.

JB replied, "Eung... Saranghae, Yena. Don't forget that."

Yena smiled and said, "Na ddo, saranghae, oppa."

 

---A few days ago---

Yena was running towarda a cafe near the tvN building. Once she was inside, it was almost empty (it was near midnight) except for JB, Sangyeob, Doyeon, and Boreum.

"Yena!" JB called as he saw Yena inside the cafe. Yena ran to them and JB welcomed her with a hug.

"Aigoo, chukhahae! (Congratulations!)" Sangyeob said as Doywon and Boreum clapped.

The three were sitting across JB and Yena. Sangyeob then said, "I would love to hear the story... But not right now. Sorry for calling you late, Yena."

Yena shook his head and waved her hands. She said, "Aniyo! Gwaenchanayo (It's fine), sunbaenim."

Boreum then said, "Seungkwan... Seungkwan will not like what you are doing right now."

Boreum said this as she saw JB put his jacket over Yena's lap. Boreum sighed and continued, "He knows that you're together by the way."

"EH? Then why...?" JB asked.

Doyeon said, "He doesn't care. He said to us that he's sure that Yena will choose him in the end."

Yena scratched her head and said, "Why is that, though? I remember clearly he said in one episode about just being brother-sister..."

"Should I talk to Seungkwan?" JB suggested.

Sangyeob shook his head, but someone else answered for him. "Don't bother; if us hyungdeul cannot talk sense to him, what more you?" said Soogeun who walking towards their table with Hyungdon.

Hyungdon clapped and said, "Chukhahae, JB and Yena!!"

JB and Yena nodded in thanks and moved so that Soogeun and Hyungdon can sit down. "Sunbaenim, I thought you will not be here?" Doyeon asked.

Soogeun answered, "We thought of this lightly, but we saw Seungkwan in the broadcasting station just before we came here."

Hyungdon added, "The full two minutes we had a quick chat, it was about how what he would do during your date, Yena. Take note, we mentioned, like three times, that you two are dating."

Yena then said, "What should we do then?"

JB said, "What if... What if we let them on one last date?"

Everyone looked at JB and said, "What?"

JB said, "Hear me out. Maybe we can let Seungkwan see for himself how Yena feels? Maybe no one can talk sense to him but Yena."

Sangyeob then said, "I can see that... Is this the best though? Are you up for it, Yena?"

Yena considered for a moment. JB held Yena's hand and said, "I'm sorry Yena, but I think this would be the best option..."

---End of Flashback---

 

Yena was snapped out of her thoughts when someone waved his hands right in front of her face.

"Yena?" Seungkwan asked.

Yena suddenly stood up and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim," Yena said.

Seungkwan just smiled and said, "Sit down, Yena... But can't you call me more comfortably?"

Yena fidgeted before taking a deep breath. She began, "Sunbaenim, I... I like someo--"

"No," Seungkwan said to stop Yena from talking. 

Yena showed a confused look. Seungkwan said, "You're just confused, Yena. And Me... I was just late. Let me make it up to you."

"Ani, sunbaenim," Yena said, this time more firmly after she fiddled with her phone inside her sling bag. Yena continued, "I am not confused. Jaebum-oppa... I am sure with him. I can feel that he really likes me... Ani, that he loves me. And me... I am sure that I love him. It might be just starting... I might be just knowing him but--"

Seungkwan shook his head and said, "You do not know him yet. Look at this."

Seungkwan then showed a video to Yena with his phone. It was a black video of a man dancing very closely with a girl inside a bar. When the shot became far, it was a man, but a JB's head was edited poorly and was just randomly plastered on the man's head.

Yena said, "Sunbaenim, it's obviously edi--"

Seungkwan stood up and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter