Chapter 3

Mafia Game of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yena was just sitting down at IZ*ONE's dorm, staring blankly into space. Minju and Chaewon went out from their rooms and saw Yena.

"Unnie, why haven't you changed yet?" Minju asked.

Yena softly asked, "Am I dreaming?"

Chaewon and Minju looked at each other and asked at the same time, "Unnie? What are you talking about?"

Yena shook her head and ran to her bedroom. 

 

---A few hours ago---

There was an awkward silence between JB and Yena. The two were just barely a few steps away from the convenience store they were a moment ago. Yena then decided to talk.

"O... Oppa?" Yena stuttered. 

JB just hummed while looking somewhere else in response. Yena then said, "My hand..."

JB finally looked at Yena and then at their hands. JB was still holding Yena's hand. JB suddenly released and said, "Aigoo... Mianhe, Yena."

They continued walking, this time even a more awkward silence engulfed the atmosphere. Both were trying to say something, but cannot come up with something to say. 

What should I do? Why is this so awkward? Should I... Oh? Yena thought and then she felt both their hands brush against each other.

Was that too fast? Wait. What am I even doing? What is this? Ugh, Im Jaebum, you are not thinking! What... Oh? JB though as he also felt Yena's hand brushing against his. 

"Yena," JB finally said. 

Yena looked at JB. Without saying anything, JB let out his hand. Ah, whatever... I'll steal this moment, JB thought.

Yena looked at JB and then at his hand. Yena, after a nod, held JB's hand. Sorry, oppa. Whatever this is, let me steal it from you, Yena thought. 

JB made their fingers lock and then he smiled. Yena blushed and smiled as well. 

"Let's go?" JB asked.

Yena nodded as the two walked towards IZ*ONE's dorm with their hands together and both of them smiling. 

---End of Flashback---

 

The week passed by. IZ*ONE and GOT7 members noticed something different with Yena and JB during their respective schedules. The two would be glued to their phones every break time; they would also have selcas (something shocking for GOT7 as JB is not the type to do selcas so often); and they would stay late nights talking to someone via video call. This night was no exception.

"Where's Yena?" Eunbi asked.

Eunbi, Hyewon, Chaewon, Minju, and Hyewon were in the living room eating some ramyun. Usually, Yena would be joining them, but she was nowhere to be seen. 

Hyewon whispered, "She's talking to someone in the room."

Excited, everyone got up silently and placed their heads to listen to Yena.

"Ei, that would not be fun, oppa," Yena said. 

"OPPA?!" Minju mouthed to everyone. 

Yena then said, "Oppa, would you like to meet the members? They're listening to the door right now."

Shocked, everyone went back to the living room except Eunbi. Eunbi said, "I would."

Yena went out of the room and showed her phone. Eunbi was surprised that Yena was talking to GOT7's JB. 

"Oh! Annyeonghashiminikka, sunbaenim," Eunbi greeted respectfully. She continued, "IZ*ONE leader Eunbi-imnida."

"Annyeonghaseyo, GOT7 leader JB-imida," JB greeted. He continued, "Will you be doing something with Yean, Eunbi-sshi?"

Eunbi cannot answer in surprise, but Yena saw the ramyun. Yena then faced the phone to her and said, "Oppa, I'll eat with them. See you tomorrow!"

As Yena was waving goodbye, JB said, "Kurae. See you!"

Yena then turned off the call went to the kitchen for a bowl. When she returned, she just noticed that all her other members were staring at her. 

"Why?" Yena asked as she slowly sat down with the members. Eunbi then sat with them and asked Yena, "Is there something going on with you and JB-sunbaenim? You are always on your phone for an entire week."

Yena looked flustered but quickly shook her head. She said, "Ei, unnie! We are just doing the same program. Jaebom-oppa is just a good... uhm... Friend!"

Everyone looked suspicious, and Yena felt it. She said as a distraction, "Let's eat!"

Still unconvinced, the members just decided to let it slide first to eat. After dinner, Yena lost to a game and was forced to do the dishes with Eunbi. While washing the dishes, Eunbi asked Yena, "Yena, be honest with me. Is something going on with you and JB-sunbaenim?"

Yena shook her head and answered, "Op...Opseo! (Nothing!)" 

Eunbi rinsed her hands and made Yena face her. Eunbi said, "Look at me. I do not want to meddle with your personal life, Yena. But be very careful...Unnie is worried about you, okay?"

Yena nodded and said, "Ne, unnie."

 

The day after was the shoot of Mafia Game in Prison. During the break, Yena and fromi9's Gyuri, a guest, were in the waiting room.

"I'm so frustrated!!" Yena said while pouting. 

Gyuri chuckled and said, "Be happy for now! Your fans sent us a coffee truck!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter