Air and Fire

watch me burn across the sky

I might go on a short break again after this, you can go chek out my other stuff while I'm gone, also I am starting another jeongcheol check that out too.

 

 

 

When he was born the whole palace was in chaos. The element which greeted the boy when he was coming out of the womb were not one, not two but three. Almost same as imaginary avatar they have in their stories. So people freaking out was necessary. Marie's black magic was used to removes almost everyone's memories who were present at the castle at that time and only a few remain known of the young prince presences.

They knew that the empire won't last long, they needed to hide their weapon. Prince Jeonghan spent his entire life if 18 years preparing and practicing. The level he had gained could never be achieved by a mere mage, it was the level of God.

The reason his mother died giving her whole life to protect him while casting the spell, the spell to block his element energy to prevent him to be seen.

 

 

..... 

 

 

 

The next morning came with chaos, and it wasn't an hour until both tribes were summoned.

Air tribe was pure breed, consists of only air mages, they all wore elegant dresses with long robes and all, the white and light green showed their identity. On the other side seungcheol's tribes was mixed, dark and fire element (it doesn't mean they have two power but means that some of them have dark magic while others have fire magic.) . Two of the most powerful elements on earth. They all looked intimidating yet casual, they didn't wore robes because it was a hassle but short upper and lower wears with their swords tied around their waist. Always ready.

 

"I thought you said this place was safe." the chief of Air tribe had his words full of spite.

"Well it is safe and I'm still investigating."

"Why don't you just shift them all to my place." he asked. Seungcheol's father took a deep breath, he can't do that.

"I'm sorry but I can not do this."

"This is my land anyway, they live here or they live at my place it won't make difference, still in my reach." his voice contain pride and some trace of threaten. Lord Choi knew he had made a grief choice on choosing the land of air but he couldn't do anything.

"We are investigating and if something bad happened we will immediately transfers them at your place. "

"Isn't it already bad, but yeah we will see." he wanted to remove that proud smile from his face but he couldn't. Even being a dark mage he couldn't win against the air lord not because he wasn't powerful but because the situation he was in.

 

 

.....

 

 

"Where the hell were you all when this happened?" Seungcheol was furious, as he asked the soldiers who had to guard the tribe at night.

 

"We were all there it's just I kind of fall asleep." one said, his head low in shame.

 

"What you all are ten people, did you all fall asleep?" Seungcheol shouted. All of them hung their head low.

 

"Is that even possible?" Seungcheol was frustrated,

 

"The air was so soft yesterday, it made me feel sleepy" one of the guard mumbles.

 

"Nonsense, this is no game....." Seungcheol started giving them lecture.

 

Mingyu just watch from afar. They still didn't disclose to air mages the words that were written on the sand with blood. 'Yoon is here' maybe the attacker knew, he knew that the prince was still alive.

 

"Just kill them all, how can they disobey like this." Mingyu scoffed, as expected from the air tribe princess heartless as ever.

 

"Sujong, I don't think you should be here, this is an official place with all soldiers and general so please leave." Sujong mouth fell open in surprise, Mingyu wanted to laugh so loud.

"God you are so rude, I was just helping you." she shouted as she left the tent.

Serves her right, Mingyu thought.

 

 

....

 

 

Sujong was walking so fast that she bumped into someone. She looked the person with anger, who dared to be in her way. Then she saw him, it was the same guy Mingyu was escorting yesterday.

She wanted to shout at him for being disrespectful but she couldn't, it was like someone hold her tongue. She watch the man, he was so beautiful and graceful that she felt herself shrinking in his presence.

It was like she was being controlled by his presence. Bit then she shook her head and left without saying a word. Jeonghan watch her leaving, his heart beating fast.

It was the first time he read someone else mind with out getting their permission, he couldn't help it, her aura was way too dark for a normal person. And he wasn't liking what he had found.

 

 

.....

 

'Mingyu,'

 

'Mingyu come here quickly.' Mingyu was still in the tent with the guards and Seungcheol, when he heard his voice in his head.

 

'oh god what happened?' he thought.

 

'No wait, I know you are in a meeting so just listen. Marie, I need Marie.' Mingyu didn't know what to do, so he just thought.

 

'Marie is not here, she left' and to his surprise Jeonghan heard him.

 

'what? Where to? Oh my God this is so bad.'

 

'what? What happened?'

 

'I can't tell you.'

 

'at least give me something.'

 

'air tribe are dangerous.'

 

 'what are you saying? Do Yoon's have some thing against air tribe because I know they are stuck up people but they are not bad.'

 

'you don't understand Mingyu, the aura she had was so dark. '

 

' I don't understand this stupid aura thing, Jeonghan just go and sleep. ' Mingyu was so frustrated that he slammed in the table. Seungcheol and all other people looked at him in confusion. Mingyu just shrugged.

 

"I'm sorry, we are dragging this for so long, can't we just give them a burn as punishment and try to focus more on the security. "

Mingyu walked out the room, angry. Why does this prince is making hard for him to like him. Why he have things against air benders. Why do Yoon's have to hate some people. Can't they just like the all. And what's with aura anyway.

"The air was so soft yesterday, it made me feel sleepy." Mingyu eyes widened as he remembered the words of the guard.

 

The air.

 

The air was soft...

 

The air made them sleepy.

 

Oh god...

 

 

 

.....

 

 

The whole day was spent in consoling the refugees making sure they all feel safe, they were scared but none of them was scared enough to scream or shout or tried to run away. They were pretty strong for people who didn't use elements, as expected from people who lived with Yoon's must be hard that such thing didn't do anything thing to shake their resolutions.

He was more worried about the words that were left by the murderer. How can a Yoon still be alive. The Yoon tribe was basically consist of only 20 people and after asking the castle people they all said that the Yoon were dead and they don't know any other Yoon other than the ones who were dead. 

It was kind of confusing and frustrating at the same time.  He took a walk of his own, been a while. He saw a figure struggling as his gown was stuck in the tree branch. Kind of fascinating to see, the man looked so fragile and weak that it made him want to protect him. He was the same man Mingyu was escorting and now Seungcheol knew why Mingyu had to lead him to the river, at this rate he might have drowned and no one would know. He chuckled to himself as he walked towards the male.

 

"Need help?" the male head shot upwards to see him, but then his expression soft as and he nod. 

Seungcheol crouched beside the man and with one swift hand motion he tore away the cloth from the branch. 

"There you go." the male looked at him with thankful expression, bowing a little. 

 

"You can't speak?" 

The male shook his head. 

"you are from castle right?" 

He nodded. 

"Are you a mage or just human?" 

 

'mage' the male write in the sand, intresting. 

 

"Oh what's yours element then." 

'water.' 

"haha that's cool, I'm a fire that's totally opposite. But you know I have never meet anyone water mage in my life, can you show it to me?" Seungcheol didn't know why he was being so casual with this stranger but he felt happy to be with him for some reason. 

The male shook his head. And wrote. 

'I can't.' 

"Why?"

'cursed' he wrote. 

"Oh, wow... I'm sorry.. I guess."

'it's okay,' 

"okay we have to leave, it's already getting late." Seungcheol stood abruptly as heavy awkward silence covered them.

what was he doing? laughing at such crucial time, being attracted to some random male. Was he stupid? 

He scoff as he turned around to walk off. When his arm was being pulled. He looked down and saw the words written on sand. 

'be careful' 

Seungcheol let out the loud laugh, 

'I'm. The son of the the lord of this place, if you might not know and I'm a really powerful mage myself, it's you who need to be careful since you can't even use your power. Now follow me so we can go back."

But the male started writing something else on the sand. Seungcheol waited. 

' Air is never good for fire.'

" What are you saying? "

'Air never calms a fire, it always give them more to burn, make them big,' 

With those words written the male stood up and left, 

"hay wait, what's all this what are you trying. To say?" 

But the male didn't even looked at him and just went out of his sight. 

 

 

 

That's for today, one thing to clarify is that when a mage is born, his element would surround the baby, like water bubble, or the air bubble ...like that.
That's what it means when I wrote "element greeted" so in case of yoon the baby would be surrounded by two elements.
(If you can't understand anything you are to ask :) )