Chapter 8

Falling for the gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yo Jeon Yura,” Johnny hollers as soon as he enters the classroom. This has been going on for three days straight. 

I sigh. “Yo.” I don’t know how long I can keep up with his ‘yo'. 

“Hey why the long face? Got into a couple quarrel with our dude?” He says with his already loud voice. 
My head immediately jerks up and I give him a glare to which he replies with a smug grin. I glance at Taeyong and see that he was biting back a smile. He's enjoying this! 

“He’s not mine,” I mutter or more like grumble to myself. 

They make their way towards their seat and I can’t help but peek at Taeyong. He looks back and my face immediately turns hot having caught by him. He smirks. Why is that smirk suiting his handsome face?? Is he planning to make me worship him? 

“Even the mice in the janitor closet might know that something is going on between you two,” Nayeon's voice brings me out of my thoughts. 

“There is nothing going on between the two of us. And there never will be. Period,” I say. Well, there might be if I accept his feelings. But – but – just but!

“That’s what you keep on saying. But everyone in school must have a suspicion that there is something between you and the school’s handsome gangster,” Nayeon utters with her sweet friendly tone. 

She’s purposely planning to ruin me by trying to make me accept Lee Taeyong! 

“Yura,” my classmate who I have never talked to before and I don’t know why she is suddenly calling me, comes and stand in front of me and Nayeon. 

I look up at her with a raised brow. “Yes?” Why is she smiling at me? 

“Do – do Johnny and Yuta have a girlfriend?” she asks shyly. 

Like I’ll know! What am I? Their fanpage administrator? 
“I don’t know. Why?” 

The girl bites her lips shyly. “I thought you’ll know since they’re Taeyong's bestfriends,” she says. 

“What has Taeyong got to do with me?” I blurt out. I can hear Nayeon stifling a chuckle.

“Well…you are his girlfriend, aren’t you?” she utters. My jaw dropped. What the hell! 

“See I told you,” Nayeon whispers at my ear. And she starts to chuckle. 

“We are not dating. There’s nothing going on between us. We are just friends. Yea, friends,” I answer, correcting the misunderstanding. Why do I have a feeling that everyone must be misunderstanding that me and Taeyong are dating?

 Suddenly she sits down. Does she have other things to discuss now? 

“Aren’t you scared of him?” she asks. 

That took my by surprise. “Eh, why?”

 Not to lie but my first impression on Taeyong was fear. I was scared of him. He has a pretty bad rumour in the school. And even Taeil seemed to fear him that night. But then when I started talking to him, I know that he’s not a bad person though he still fights around. That’s probably in his personality. We became friends and when he confessed to me that he likes me, I came to know that he is capable of loving someone. He’s just like us. Though he prefers to keep his gangster façade.

“He’s a gangster,” she voices out. 

Well thank you for telling me the obvious. “So?” I don’t know why I am even getting irritated over this. Do I not like people going around with the impression that Taeyong’s a bad guy? 

“And there are rumours,” she continues. Why does she want Taeyong to be the gangster guy so much? 

“See they are just rumours. There’s nothing to believe,” Jaehyun pipes in. 

The girl starts blushing at the appearance of Jaehyun. I look at Nayeon and she looks calm. Well obviously. 

“Can you leave us alone? I have something to discuss with them,” he asks in his signature kind and husky – that sends all the girls to their wedding with him – voice. She leaves immediately to join her friends. Now they’re gonna have another topic to gossip about. 

Jaehyun sits at the seat the girl had just sat. “Um… I came to ask about Taeyong,” he speaks out. 

Well I thought he came to talk to Nayeon. 

“What about Taeyong?” Nayeon asks. Jaehyun glances at her and then turns towards me. I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter