Chapter 4

Falling for the gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A coffee?”

I want to throw a brick right in front of this Johnny’s face. No need to shout! Gosh this is so embarrassing. Everyone is staring at me. Why do I feel like they think I’m confessing to him?

“OK,” Taeyong says with a poker face.

“Dude, she asks you out on a date,” Johnny states in bewilderment.

“It’s a dream,” Yuta utters.

“It’s not a date,” I retort and can see that Taeyong is suppressing a smile. Weird.

Yuta and Johnny give me a glare. “You just ask him out,” they say in unison.

Well, that’s somewhat correct. But, “it’s not me. Nayeon’s the one who asked me to ask him out. Bye then,” I answer and speed away like a turtle ninja. Well, Nayeon’s got a date on Sunday.

“How did it go?” Nayeon asks. I give her a scowl. “Next time you do your thing yourself.”

She flips her hair and says, “Dear friend, I’m just helping you get a guy.”

Oh my Gosh. Is she serious?

“Like he’d care,” I mumble.

She gives me a teasing look. “So you care huh.”

I sigh. “If you haven’t forgotten, he’s a gangster.”

That was the irony. I mean, what kind of girl will like to see her boyfriend (not that I’m saying I’ll be his girlfriend) getting into fights?

“The gangster is giving you his y stare,” she coos.

For god sake, why can’t she get the point??

“Stop teasing me,” I say.

“I’m serious. He’s been looking at you, idk, since like forever.”

My cheeks suddenly felt hot. Is he really looking?

“If you don’t trust me, you can look for yourself.” Nayeon was about to turn my head when I stop her.

“Are you crazy?” I hiss though a part of me really wanted to look. “You are only going to embarrass me,” I add.

She gives me a pout. I ignore her and say, “Anyway he agreed but I’m not coming though.”

“What? Why? No you have to come!” Nayeon suddenly shrieks and adds, “What if he had agreed because you were the one who ask him out.”

“The last sentence was flattering but I have a duty at the library remember?”

She backs away in disappointment. “But you’ll be coming at tonight’s party right?”

I nod. “You’re gonna cause trouble if I’m not there,” I say. There hasn’t even been a single party where Nayeon didn’t get into a verbal-fight with other girls. I hug her and utter, “My best friend can’t take care of herself.”

Nayeon pats my back. “I love you buddy.” I know.

I had worn a simple maroon dress, which was slightly above my knee and well, I look pretty ok. I scan the hall and most girls are flaunting their expensive designer dress. Well, I’m also wearing a designer dress but not those really expensive ones.

“Is it just me or the guys are hot?” Nayeon comes and whispers.

“It’s just you,” I answer back with a grin.

“Party pooper,” she mumbles and says, “Do you think Taeyong will come?”

Well, he might. Because it’s his step brother’s birthday.

He might not. Because he never attends parties. Off to fight maybe.

Then I see Taeyong.

“He came,” I mumble. And I was a bit taken aback at how handsome and gentlemanly he looks with suit and tie. He must be the most handsome man I’ve ever seen. Gosh, what am I even thinking?

“I seriously need to have a crush on him,” Nayeon sighs as she looks at Taeyong dreamily.

I scoff. “Yeah, yeah and cry again that you love Taeil so much.”

Nayeon looks at me with a pout. “This is why I say you don’t know how to enjoy life. Geez, stop being so serious and try to be playful at least once.”

“Sorry but I wasn’t born with it.”

Nayeon chuckles. “You and your smart mouth.” She sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter