Chapter 10

Falling for the gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I sigh as I continue looking at my closet. I still don’t know what to wear. Like what is the most appropriate to wear on a first date? And what if my dress doesn’t suit what he’s wearing? I wonder what he’d be wearing. And why hasn’t he called me yet? 

“Oh my god, oh my god,” Nayeon exclaims as she bursts into my room. 

I glance at her but soon return my attention to my closet. What should I wear? 

“You little vixen, did you save South Korea in your previous life?” She says elbowing the side of my stomach as she comes to stand next to me. 

I frown. “You should have come a bit fancier.” I don’t want to be the only one who’s all dress up when we leave the house. 

“That’s not important right now. It seems like your boyfriend dyed his hair just for your first date. And he looks hot.”

I give her a sceptical look. As if he would! 

“If you don’t believe me, check this out.” She shoves me her phone. “I saw him on my way here and click this to feast my eye. Don’t be mad at me though, this is going to be my wallpaper.”

I give her a frown and turn my gaze to her phone. 

My jaw nearly drop. 

Is he really Lee Taeyong? 

My boyfriend? 

Oh my god. 

I need Holy Water. 

 He looks like he came out from a freaking anime. His hair is dyed in ash grey and that shirt he's wearing is making him look more like a hot gangster. 

Hesitatingly, I look at myself in the mirror. I look like a freaking potato. Oh god, what did I do to deserve this amazing piece of art as my boyfriend? 

“What are you gonna wear? You can’t just go out looking like that,” she scrunches her nose a little and comments. 

I roll my eyes at her. “Oh thank you for pointing out the obvious,” I say. 

I look at my wardrobe which suddenly looks all gloomy and dull. I bite my nails. My confidence to look pretty all going down the drain. 

“Lemme check,” Nayeon mumbles as she scans through my wardrobe. “Hey wear this. It’ll suit you,” she exclaims as she hands me a dress which I know only today that it exists. I swore I have never seen it. 

I sigh and take the dress from her. Nayeon has a good fashion choice so I trust her.

I change in front of her. She’s my bff so no need to act all shy and embarrass. 

“Perfect!” she squeals, clapping her hands. Why didn’t she squeal ‘omg' like she did to Taeyong? Do I not look surprisingly beautiful? 

“Hey, why the sullen face?” Nayeon asks me with a scowl and adds with a squeal, “You look breathtaking.”

She pushes me towards the mirror. And wow, I look amazing. I turn and twirl as I continue looking at my own reflection in the mirror. I should wear this kind of dress more.

It was a baby pink off shoulder dress and it ended right above my knee. And it really really suit me. 

“I never knew you love yourself that much,” Nayeon speaks up, making me look at her with a wide grin. 

“I look pretty,” I squeal. 

Nayeon rolls her eyes at me. “You’re speaking like you have been ugly your whole life. Lemme take a pic. It’ll last longer,” she says noticing that I have been constantly glancing at the mirror. “Make a pose.”

I move back a bit as I do a pose. Gosh, I at posing for the cameras. 

“How do I look?” I ask when she finishes clicking. 

“Check it yourself. I can become a pro photographer,” she says, flipping her hairs. I think it turns out good then. 
And indeed it is. 

I think our dress will suit each other. And even if it doesn’t, it will be fine since no one will even look at me with Taeyong by my side. I pout at the thought of girls ogling at him. I can’t possibly be jealous right? 

“Come on, let’s go. He must be tired of waiting,” Nayeon speaks up. 

I nod but come to think of it why hasn’t he called or texted me if he has been waiting the entire time? 
We walk out of my house. Mom saw us but didn’t say anything. She just gave us a smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter