Chapter 7

Falling for the gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE HELL!? HOW CAN HE SAY THAT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE????

“Wh – what did you just say?” I ask. Please don’t tell me he’s just joking. Cause I’m on cloud 9 right now.

“Forget it,” he mumbles. Wait – what? You can’t just stop like that!

He said he liked me since Middle School?!?!? So I need to hear the whole story!

Yeah, I know that we have been in the same class since Middle School. Probably fate. But how did he even like me? What did I do that I got his interest? He has been acting like a stuck up guy since the moment he stepped inside the classroom.

And fate really does love me. I see my mom entering the café. What is she even doing here?

“Shoot! My mom’s here,” I hiss under my breath and lower my head a bit so that she won’t see me.

She goes towards the counter as she placed her order. Probably brownies. She loves them.

“She looks strict,” Taeyong commented. Is my mom that obvious? “You look like her,” he adds. What? Is he indirectly saying that I look strict?

“Is it a nice thing?” I ask.

“Yura, what are you doing here?” my mom stands in front of our table. “With a guy,” her gaze turns towards Taeyong. She gives him a hard stare.

What am I supposed to do? I chuckle nervously.

Taeyong suddenly stands up and bows at my mom. Oh so he can be polite. “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Jeon. I’m a friend of your daughter, Lee Taeyong.”

“Don’t stay out too late,” my mom says and walks away. This is quite surprising. I thought she’ll pull my hair and drag me out of the café.

“Your mom’s quite – different?” Taeyong chuckles sitting down and my heart do that flip again. Why is he so handsome?

“Yeah she’s strict but she quite loving,” I utter with a small smile. What she’s doing is the best for me.

“Does she make a rule that you can’t date?”

I blush at the sudden question and I lower my head. That question was embarrassing.

“It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. She cares for you that’s why.”

I nibble my lower lip. “Can I ask you a question?” I say.

Taeyong gives me a raised brow.

“Why are you like this? I mean – your bad boy attitude,” I ask. I hope he doesn’t get offended by it or doesn’t hate me after this.

“And why do you ask?” he fires back with an amused smirk.

“Well, most students fear you and you have a pretty nice rumor circling you,” I answer.

“I don’t have a reason why I’m like this. It just came naturally. And I don’t know why people are taking interest in spreading rumors about me. I’m not even interesting,” he mumbles the last part.

“You are wronged. You are the most interesting person in the school. Talking behind your back is so much fun,” I finish with a chortle.

Taeyong gives me a hard look. Even that stare is y. Gosh, what am I even thinking?

“I’m just kidding. No one will dare to talk behind your back. You’re the bad boy remember?”

Taeyong suddenly stands up. “We better leave now. Your mom told you to come early,” he says.

Did I just ruin his mood? He’s not angry at me right?

 

 

“You don’t need to walk me home,” I say trying to cut the silence. He doesn’t say anything. “Are you angry at me?” I ask. He continues to keep quiet. “Why are you suddenly so quiet? What did I do?”

He stops all of a sudden and turns to face me. “Do you think of me as a gangster too?”

I halt my steps and look up at him. “It’ll be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter