Chapter 5

Falling for the gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun’s birthday party is still lingering in my mind, torturing my poor brain. Like seriously, why is Lee Taeyong so hard to forget? He’s dangerous, that I know very well and I should probably stay away from him.

But-

Why the hell am I always glancing at him?

“How did it go yesterday?” I whisper-ask, curiosity was already killing me. The class was about to be over and I couldn’t just pretend anymore that I don’t want to know when my whole body is itching to know.

“Ugh, don’t make me remember,” she groans suddenly.

So it went bad? I have a feeling that it will be a one – sided conversation with Nayeon doing all the talks.

“He drank the coffee in one gulp and left before I even open my mouth.”

What?

“Or maybe he didn’t want to drink it but just drank so I wouldn’t feel embarrassed. Acting so high in demand. Jerk!”

The bell rang.

I can’t help but laugh. I can imagine the scenario perfectly in my mind.

“Yeah, yeah, laugh. Laugh all you want.” She must have been probably embarrassed and furious at the same time. “I bet he accepted because of you. I’d rather he hadn’t accepted.”

Her words flattered me a bit but - “And I’ll be the one embarrassed? No way. You need to feel some embarrassment. You have been having deficiency of it.”

“Mean” and she kicks my chair making me fall down on my . I never knew that she’s this strong.

“I never knew you were this light,” she laughs and in the process helps me up.

“Well, thank you,” I say with a bit of sarcasm and stands up.

“Speak of the Devil,” Nayeon grumbles under her breathe. I look up and see Taeyong approaching us. Please, don’t tell me he saw me falling down like a mother goose. I want to dig a hole and stay there forever.

Taeyong stands infront of us. Why is he so handsome? And why am I asking so many questions to myself?

“Why weren’t you there with your friend yesterday?”

Didn’t I clean my ears properly? Am I hearing what I think I am hearing?

Nayeon gasps. So I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. Nayeon leans closer and whispers at my ear, “He’s clearly interested in you. Period.”

Suddenly my cheeks feet hot. Damn Nayeon!

“You were the one who invited me.”

My voice seems to stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere. So he accepted because I was the one who invited him?

One word. Wow.

“I said Nayeon wanted to treat you to coffee. I didn’t mention I’ll be the one treating,” I say, trying my best not to stutter.

His expression suddenly changed into a stoic one. He gives me one last look and leaves without saying a word. Yuta and Johnny glare at me and then they shook their head as if telling me that they weren’t happy with what I had done.

What actually did I do?

I swiftly turn to give a wide eye to Nayeon. “Did you just see?”

Nayeon shrugs her shoulder. “What?”

“The glare that the two transfer students gave me. I mean, why? What did I do?”

Nayeon sighs. “You idiot,” she mumbles and says out with an irritated tone, “He’s interested in you. And they were hoping too much. Get that?”

“There’s nothing to hope for,” I say, though my cheeks are heating up like a burning furnace. Like seriously, what is there to hope for? What does he expect me to do? Go tell him that I want to have a lunch date with him? Nope. I’m not going to approach him first.

Nayeon pulls up her bag. “Stop dreaming. Let’s go.” She was still in a foul mood. Well, I don’t blame her.

We were about to step out of the classroom when a loud noise was heard. We stop in our track and look inside. There weren’t many students left and they were looking at Taeyong. Their faces were covered with a mix of surprise and fear. Taeyong was venting out his I-don’t-know-what emotions to the chairs and tables. The few classmates scramble to another side. And now they were looking at Taeyong with a new curiosity at his sudden outburst.

Taeyong gives another chair a strong kick making it clash with the table which in turn makes the table collide with another table. What is seriously wrong with him?

Nayeon elbows the side of my stomach. “Do something,” she utters.

What? Why is she telling me to do some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter