Chapter 6

Falling for the gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong didn’t come to school. I couldn’t help but be concerned. Is it because of yesterday? Why is he so childish? It doesn’t even suit his handsome face.

I look at Nayeon who has been spacing out since we entered the classroom.

“Yah,” I poke the side of her stomach hoping that it will bring her out of her thoughts but it was of no used. She didn’t even flinch a bit. “Nayeon,” I whisper at her ear and the tingling sensation brought her out of her world.

But instead of me, her gaze turns to Jaehyun. What?

I faked cough and she looks at me, a bit surprise. “Enlighten me with what I just saw,” I say with a smirk.

She sighs and shakes her head. “It’s nothing.”

I give her a frown. “Why am I not satisfied?”

She again takes a peek at Jaehyun and utters, “Well, Jaehyun confessed to me.”

“What? Really? I mean, I have a feeling that he’s interested in you but I didn’t know that he’ll be this fast. I don’t know what to say to his bravery. He knows that you have a boyfriend!” I states and adds, “So you rejected him right?” I glance at Jaehyun but why the hell is he so happy for a man who was rejected?

Nayeon sighs again. “About that, Yura –” She’s hesitating. Does that mean she likes Jaehyun back? I thought she loved that jerk!

Her lips quiver a bit. Ok, there’s something she hasn’t told me. She pressed her lips to stop it from shaking. Breathing in deeply she says, “Taeil and I had an argument.”

Well, isn’t that normal for couples?

“It was on the night of Jaehyun’s birthday. You know that I was already in a bad mood when I left the party.”

I nod. She was mad at Jaehyun that night. So I seriously don’t understand where this is going.

“He was there waiting for me by the gate of my house and you don’t know how happy I was. But he wasn’t.”

What? Why?

She continues, “He scowled and asked me why I was dressed with something so revealing. My dress wasn’t revealing, right Yura?”

That guy needs to be hit with a hammer on his head. “He’s an that’s why. Your dress was pretty decent.” I say. Doesn’t he have eyes? Seriously, why is he always finding fault in whatever Nayeon does?

Nayeon stops and bites her lower lip. Her fingers intertwined and she glances down to look at her fingers instead. “And I suddenly blurted out that I wanted to break up with him,” she mumbles.

Was that why he came to meet me?

“What did he say?” I question though I know that he won’t agree.

Nayeon suddenly starts sniffing. “He was shocked at first and asked me why.”

Oh my god, she’s crying.

“I told him that our relationship is going nowhere. I shouldn’t have said that. I was just mad that time. I really shouldn’t have said that.” Her lips are shaking and she’s sobbing hard.

I scoff. “Stop crying. We are in the class. People might stare. And why are you the one at fault? He’s the one who should be crying. And you did the right thing when you said that. He should have been shocked. Shocked with a big damn capital ‘s’. Serves him right. That .”

Nayeon shakes her head. “No he wasn’t at fault. He was just being overprotective and possessive,” she says between her sobs.

This is why I hate people in love! They’ll take the blame for everything!

“He asked me if I still love him. What was I supposed to say at that, Yura? I wanted to lie so much at that moment. I wanted to say that I don’t love him anymore and I was sick of him. But I just couldn’t. No words came out of my mouth. And I wanted to escape that tensed situation so much because I didn’t want to look pathetic.”

I don’t know what to say.

“Then Jaehyun popped out of nowhere and took me away telling Taeil that we had to discuss something on a very important school project. I didn’t want to protest him then. I was quite thankful otherwise I would have broken down in front of Taeil.”

She inhales deeply again. “Jaehyun took me home but not before saying that he likes me. That took me by surprise. I didn’t know what to say. I wasn’t in my right mind with the argument I had with Taeil and he suddenly dropped that confession. So I just gave him a weak smile and thanked him and sped inside my house.”

I press my lips and nod. Jaehyun confessed that night? Am I supposed to clap for his courage? Or hit him for the bad timing? Doesn’t he know that timing is very important for girls? Especially when the girl is heartbroken! Jung Jaehyun acted as a hero as well as an idiot that night. Congratulations to him for the double ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter